Do you get exhausted from sacrificing to pay your auto insurance bill each month? You have the same problem as many other Tennessee consumers.
A recent study showed that most auto insurance buyers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and 38% of customers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Drivers in Tennessee can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare rates online.
Many car insurance companies vie to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers to find the absolute best price available on Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Memphis.
How do Car Insurance Companies Determine Volkswagen e-Golf Insurance Rates?
Many factors are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, although others are not as apparent such as your credit history or your vehicle rating. It’s important that you understand some of the factors that aid in calculating your policy premiums. If you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” that factor into rates.
Accidents inflate rates – Attentive drivers pay less for auto insurance compared to bad drivers. Just one moving violation could increase your next policy renewal by as much as twenty percent. People who have serious tickets such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Theft deterrents systems cut auto insurance rates – Buying a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft deterrent systems like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help stop your car from being stolen.
Rural vs Urban Areas – Having an address in less populated areas has it’s advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. Less people living in that area corresponds to lower accident rates. People who live in big cities have to deal with more aggressive driving styles and longer commutes to work. The longer drive time can result in more accidents.
Minor frequent claims are not good – Insurance companies in Tennessee award the lowest premiums to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Your insurance policy is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Auto insurance policy lapses increase prices – Driving without insurance is not a good idea and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage lapse. In addition to paying higher rates, getting caught without coverage will get you a revoked license or a big fine. You may have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Tennessee DMV.
The fastest way that we advise to compare rate quotes for Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Memphis takes advantage of the fact all the major auto insurance companies allow for online access to compare rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide information like the year, make and model of vehicles, your education level, whether or not you need a SR-22, and whether your vehicle is owned or leased. That rating data is instantly sent to insurance companies and you get price estimates very quickly.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here then complete the form.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Tennessee. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Memphis, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Volkswagen e-Golf in Memphis, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in Tennessee and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Volkswagen e-Golf, most banks will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Volkswagen for a lot more money and make you pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your Volkswagen but also your financial assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Volkswagen as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your e-Golf outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $850 per year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Get cheaper Volkswagen e-Golf insurance rates in Memphis
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you can get discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at quote time, but once in a while a discount must be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring multiple vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies reward drivers for signing up prior to your current e-Golf insurance policy expiring. You may see this discount when you get Memphis auto insurance quotes online.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower rates.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
- Memberships – Being in a professional or civic organization is a simple method to lower premiums when getting a Memphis auto insurance quote.
Discounts lower rates, but many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works.
A few companies that may have some of the discounts shown above possibly include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in every state. For a list of insurance companies who offer free Volkswagen e-Golf insurance quotes in Tennessee, follow this link.
Compare rates but buy from a local neighborhood Memphis car insurance agent
Many people still like to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can find the lowest rates and also buy local. And buying from local agents is important particularly in Memphis.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent instantly to you. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you need to compare prices from a particular provider, you would need to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Memphis for you
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are two types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Agencies in Memphis can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Agents that choose to be independent often have affiliation with several companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If they quote lower rates, they simply move the coverage in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. When searching for an agent, we recommend you include rate quotes from at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection.
Featured below are Memphis independent insurance agents that may be able to give comparison quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Memphis that are able to give price quotes.
Choosing the best insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Is coverage determined by price?
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When quoting and comparing coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your car insurance should unique, too.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether you might need professional guidance.
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Is my Volkswagen e-Golf covered for smoke damage?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Persistence pays off
Lower-priced Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Memphis can be sourced online and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller companies work with independent insurance agents.
You just read a lot of information how to lower your Volkswagen e-Golf insurance premium rates in Memphis. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get prices for, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on auto insurance is with a smaller regional carrier. They may only write in your state and offer lower prices as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
How to buy lower priced Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Memphis
The best way to get more affordable Volkswagen e-Golf insurance is to do an annual price comparison from different companies who sell insurance in Memphis.
- Read and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like high-risk driving behaviors and a negative credit history can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save some money, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment and a signed application to the new company. Make sure you put the new proof of insurance paperwork somewhere easily accessible.
The critical component of shopping around is to try to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and to quote with as many carriers as you can. This enables an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
To learn more, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)