We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Consumers who compare rates at least once a year will probably move their business because they have a good chance of finding a lower-priced company. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who compared rates regularly saved over $3,400 over four years compared to other drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the best price on auto insurance is your ultimate objective, then having a good understanding how to choose a company and compare insurance rates can help make the process easier.
To save the most money, the best way to find cheaper quotes for Subaru Baja insurance is to annually compare prices from different companies in Memphis.
First, take a few minutes and learn about what is in your policy and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as speeding tickets, accidents and a poor credit score can be amended by paying attention to minor details. Later in this article we will cover instructions to find cheap prices and get additional discounts that may be available.
Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save some money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, notify your agent or company to cancel your current coverage. Submit the completed application along with a down payment for the new coverage. Be sure to put the new proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location.
An important part of this process is to use the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This guarantees a level playing field and maximum price selection.
If you are insured now, you will most likely be able to get lower rates using the concepts you’re about to learn. The goal of this article is to help you learn how car insurance works and also pocket some savings Although Tennessee vehicle owners must know the way companies market on the web and use it to your advantage.
Cheap Subaru insurance rate quotes in Memphis
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Tennessee. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Get cheaper Subaru Baja insurance in Memphis with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but some must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings. If you do not double check each discount possible, you are throwing money away.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
- Government Employee Discount – Federal government employees could cut as much as 10% off but check with your company.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but some insurance companies permit an accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims before the accident.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Good Grades Discount – Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Anti-theft System – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Older drivers may be able to get lower premium rates.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car instead of a used Baja can save up to 30% since newer models have better safety ratings.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, that’s just not realistic.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO discounts include anti-lock brakes, driver training, seat belt use, membership and employees, five-year accident-free, and air bags.
- SAFECO offers discounts for multi-car, safe driver, anti-theft, teen safety rewards, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm may offer discounts for multiple policy, safe vehicle, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, and driver’s education.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including good student, accident-free, good driver, defensive driver, multi-policy, claim-free
- 21st Century has discounts for driver training, 55 and older, anti-lock brakes, good student, homeowners, and early bird.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Discounts may not apply in every state. To choose providers with discount insurance rates in Tennessee, click here.
Everyone needs different auto insurance coverages
When quoting and comparing the right insurance coverage, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your auto insurance should be unique as well. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Independent or exclusive auto insurance agents
A small number of people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will return price quotes to get your business. You don’t have to contact an agency because prices are sent to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to compare rates from one company in particular, feel free to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right provider requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. The following questions are important to ask.
- Does their agency support local causes in Memphis?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- How are claims handled?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Memphis?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
Is an exclusive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a good Memphis insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they operate. Agents are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only provide one company’s prices like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the brand name and solid financial strength.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Memphis that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Don Rogers
5812 Winchester Rd – Memphis, TN 38115 – (901) 794-3771 – View Map
- Ulysses Cosby – State Farm Insurance Agent
248 Cooper St – Memphis, TN 38104 – (901) 276-1044 – View Map
- Derrick Hodges – State Farm Insurance Agent
7249 Winchester Rd – Memphis, TN 38125 – (901) 572-1985 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies often have many company appointments so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage which requires no work on your part. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we highly recommend that you get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller mutual companies that many times have cheaper rates.
The following are Memphis independent insurance agencies willing to provide price quote information.
- Keltner Insurance Inc.
3232 S Perkins Rd – Memphis, TN 38118 – (901) 797-8665 – View Map
- Kellett Insurance Agency
4608 Quince Rd – Memphis, TN 38117 – (901) 685-3008 – View Map
- Peterson Insurance Services, Inc.
8046 N Brother Blvd #101 – Memphis, TN 38133 – (901) 386-4777 – View Map
Cheaper rates are available
In this article, we covered many ideas to lower your Subaru Baja insurance premium rates in Memphis. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Memphis car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies. Regional companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
As you prepare to switch companies, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced full coverage only to find out that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
Additional detailed information can be read by following these links:
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Memphis Auto Insurance for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Memphis Auto Insurance Quotes for Active Military? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for High Mileage Drivers in Memphis? (FAQ)
- How Much is Memphis Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)