Finding more affordable prices on Suzuki XL-7 insurance in Memphis is always slightly frustrating for drivers who are new to comparing rates online. With more and more online companies available, it can turn into a real hassle to find better rates on Suzuki XL-7 insurance.
It’s a fact that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. People who shop around for cheaper prices are very likely to buy a different policy because there is a good chance of finding a lower-priced policy. A survey found that consumers who made a habit of comparing rates saved over $72 a month compared to people who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the cheapest price for auto insurance in Memphis is your ultimate goal, understanding how to get rate quotes and compare cheaper coverage can help you succeed in saving money.
If you have coverage now, you will most likely be able to buy cheaper car insurance using the ideas presented in this article. Comparing rates for more affordable car insurance coverage in Memphis is quite easy. But Tennessee consumers need to have an understanding of how the larger insurance companies determine prices.
Get cheaper Suzuki XL-7 insurance rates in Memphis
Car insurance companies do not list every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find some of the more common and the harder-to-find ways to save on insurance.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Good Grades Discount – Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Early Signing – Some larger companies reward drivers for switching policies before your current expiration date. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Accident Waiver – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Liberty Mutual, GEICO and Allstate permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Drive Safe and Save – Accident-free drivers could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accidents.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Participating in a course that instructs on driving safety can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Distant College Student Discount – Youth drivers who are attending college and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Teen drivers should participate in a local driver’s education class as it can save substantially.
- Onboard Data Collection – Memphis drivers who agree to allow driving data submission to track vehicle usage through the use of a telematics system like Allstate’s Drivewise could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above may not be available in Memphis. To choose insurers with the best Suzuki XL-7 insurance discounts in Tennessee, follow this link.
Just remember that quoting more will increase your chances of finding a lower rate. Some regional insurers cannot provide rate quotes online, so you also need to get prices from those companies as well.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Memphis, TN. If you wish to find the best cheap auto insurance in Memphis, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the lowest price.
What insurance coverages do I need?
Always remember that when buying coverage, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- What is PIP insurance?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Local Memphis car insurance agents and car insurance
Many people still prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a smart decision A good thing about getting online price quotes is that you can find lower rates and still choose a local agent.
By using this simple form, the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your business. You never need to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurer should depend on more than just the price. Any agent in Memphis should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Are they full-time agents?
Exclusive and independent Memphis car insurance agents
When searching for a local Memphis insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Agencies in Memphis can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive agencies can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Memphis that are able to give rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Kevin Howard
1440 E Shelby Dr Ste 2 – Memphis, TN 38116 – (901) 767-0030 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Willie E. Martin
3315 Kirby Pkwy – Memphis, TN 38115 – (901) 365-2008 – View Map
- Sylvia Walker – State Farm Insurance Agent
2900 Kirby Pkwy Ste 2 – Memphis, TN 38119 – (901) 794-8848 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents do not have single company limitations so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a lower price, your agent can switch companies which makes it simple for you. When comparing car insurance rates, you will definitely want to contact several independent agencies for maximum quote selection. Most also write with mutual insurance companies which may have better rates.
The following is a short list of independent agents in Memphis who can help you get price quote information.
- Sneed Insurance
6645 Stage Rd #200 – Memphis, TN 38134 – (901) 372-4580 – View Map
- Oseman Insurance Agency
6750 Poplar Ave #410 – Memphis, TN 38138 – (901) 562-0151 – View Map
- AutoSave Insurance
2550 Poplar Ave – Memphis, TN 38112 – (901) 458-1630 – View Map
Three main reasons to buy auto insurance
Even though Memphis XL-7 insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance is required in Tennessee but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your XL-7 has a lienholder, almost all lenders will require you to buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Suzuki at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your car. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $825 a year so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Information about specific coverages
Learning about specific coverages of your car insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages for your vehicles. Car insurance terms can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Collision coverage – This pays for damage to your XL-7 resulting from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as hitting a mailbox, colliding with another moving vehicle, damaging your car on a curb and sustaining damage from a pot hole. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also choose a higher deductible on your XL-7 to bring the cost down.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for short-term medical expenses like dental work, rehabilitation expenses, hospital visits, pain medications and ambulance fees. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – This coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Suzuki XL-7.
Since many Tennessee drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 25/50/15), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Comprehensive coverage – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as damage from flooding, hail damage and vandalism. The maximum amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability coverages – Liability insurance protects you from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show limits of 25/50/15 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $15,000.
Liability coverage pays for claims like structural damage, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, funeral expenses, repair costs for stationary objects and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. Tennessee requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/15 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
The next chart shows why buying low liability limits may not be enough.
In the end, you can save money
Discount Suzuki XL-7 insurance in Memphis can be purchased both online and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who may not have price quotes online and these small, regional companies sell through local independent agents.
You just learned a lot of ways to save on Suzuki XL-7 insurance in Memphis. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Suzuki XL-7 rate quotes. You may even find the best price on auto insurance is with the least-expected company.
Insureds switch companies for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, lack of trust in their agent, delays in paying claims and even poor customer service. Whatever your reason, finding a new auto insurance company can be easier than you think.
How to find cheaper quotes for Suzuki XL-7 insurance in Memphis
It takes a little time, but the best way to find low-cost prices for Suzuki XL-7 insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies who provide auto insurance in Memphis.
- Try to learn a little about what is in your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as distracted driving and a substandard credit score can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from many different companies. View companies
- Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a completed application and payment to the newly selected company. Don’t forget to put the certificate verifying coverage with the vehicle registration.
A tip to remember is to try to use the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Memphis Car Insurance for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Memphis Car Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Learners Permit in Memphis? (FAQ)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)