If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to save money on Pontiac Vibe insurance in Memphis is to compare prices regularly from providers in Tennessee.
- Step 1: Read and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like multiple speeding tickets and an imperfect credit history can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for ideas to get affordable coverage and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new carrier. Don’t forget to keep your new certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The most important part of shopping around is to use the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to get quotes from as many carriers as you can. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that almost 70% of drivers in Tennessee kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. American drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they won’t spend time to shop their coverage around.
If you have a policy now or need new coverage, you can use these tips to reduce the price you pay without reducing coverage. Finding quotes for the best-priced auto insurance policy in Memphis is simple if you know the tricks. Drivers just have to learn the most time-saving way to compare rate quotes on the web.
Get Cheap Car Insurance with These Tips
Many factors are used when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but others are less apparent like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are. Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the things that are used to determine your car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to lower rates.
Gender and insurance coverage – Statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that females are better drivers. Both genders get in fender benders at a similar rate, but guys tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to get more serious tickets like driving under the influence (DUI). Young males cause the most accidents so it costs more to insure them.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Pontiac Vibe insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The information is based on no accidents or driving violations, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Put fewer miles on your vehicle – The more you drive annually the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of companies calculate rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. Having the wrong rating on your Vibe may be costing you higher rates. Make sure your declarations sheet correctly shows the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Performance makes a difference – The performance level of the vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. The cheapest insurance rates will normally be found when insuring the lowest performance passenger vehicles, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
The chart below uses these variables: single male driver age 50, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Pontiac Vibe policy rates compared to other makes and models that have a range of performance risks.
Multi-policy discounts can save money – Most larger companies allow a discount to customers that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to compare Pontiac Vibe rates in Memphis to ensure the best deal. Consumers may save money by buying insurance from more than one company.
Incidental coverages can cost a lot – Insurance policies have a lot of additional extra coverages that can waste your money when buying car insurance. Coverage for things like rental car coverage, towing coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships are probably not needed. They may sound like good ideas when talking to your agent, but if you don’t need them consider taking them off your policy.
Having a spouse is a bonus – Walking down the aisle helps lower the price on car insurance. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and responsible and statistics prove married couples file fewer claims.
What’s your car’s safety rating? – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have better insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection means less claims paid which can mean better rates for you. If the Pontiac Vibe is rated at a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may qualify for a discount.
Ways to get Pontiac Vibe insurance price quotes in Memphis, Tennessee
All the larger car insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive allow you to get prices online. Getting Pontiac Vibe insurance prices online can be done by anyone as you simply type in your coverage preferences as detailed in the form. Once entered, their rating system obtains your credit score and driving record and returns a price quote based on these and other factors.
Getting online quotes for Pontiac Vibe insurance in Memphis streamlines rate comparisons, and it is important to get many rate quotes in order to get the best rate on car insurance.
To quickly find out how much you can save on car insurance, check out the car insurance providers below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you enter the coverage information exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this guarantees you are getting rate comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in Memphis, TN. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the lowest price.
Rates and detailed analysis
The rate information displayed below showcases estimates of insurance policy prices for Pontiac Vibe models. Learning how auto insurance policy rates are formulated can help customers make smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in zip code location which can change coverage rates significantly.
The chart below highlights how deductible choice and can affect Pontiac Vibe insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The costs are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Impact of violations and accidents on rates
The example below shows how violations and accidents can affect Pontiac Vibe premium costs for different age groups of insureds. The data is based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The example below shows the difference between Pontiac Vibe premium costs with full coverage compared to only the Tennessee minimum liability coverage. The rates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There isn’t a steadfast formula to eliminate full coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Pontiac Vibe book value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying in excess of $700 a year for full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Three reasons to insure your vehicle
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Memphis, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Vibe has a lienholder, most banks will force you to buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Pontiac at a significantly higher premium and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves not only your Pontiac but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $825 a year so we recommend shopping around every year to ensure rates are inline.
Auto insurance rates and discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you can get discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Most are applied at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are just wasting money.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Participating in a course teaching driver safety skills could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Memphis car insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- Active Military Service – Being on active duty in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Early Switch Discount – Some larger companies provide a discount for signing up before your current expiration date. You may see this discount when you get Memphis car insurance quotes online.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Club Memberships – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could qualify you for a break on your next auto insurance statement.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices can help prevent theft and will qualify for a discount on a Memphis car insurance quote.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them with the same company you could save at least 10% off all policies.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Pontiac Vibe insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The rates are based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Tennessee state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, marriage, claim-free, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
To view auto insurance companies who offer discounts in Memphis, click here to view.
Buying auto insurance from Memphis auto insurance agents
A small number of people just prefer to go talk to an agent and that is OK! Licensed agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper rates but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance data is emailed to agents in your area who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent directly to you. If you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking an insurer requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Memphis?
Exclusive and independent Memphis car insurance agents
When narrowing the list to find a good insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Agencies in Memphis are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types of agents can sell auto insurance policies, but it’s important to know the difference in the companies they write for since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents are contracted to one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of high brand loyalty rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Memphis that are able to give price quotes.
- Derrick Hodges – State Farm Insurance Agent
7249 Winchester Rd – Memphis, TN 38125 – (901) 572-1985 – View Map
- State Farm: Warren Hodges
5170 Sanderlin Ave #204 – Memphis, TN 38117 – (901) 767-2000 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Kevin Howard
1440 E Shelby Dr Ste 2 – Memphis, TN 38116 – (901) 767-0030 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents do not write with just one company so they can write business through many different auto insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If prices rise, your policy is moved internally which makes it simple for you. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, we highly recommend that you contact independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most independent agents also contract with small mutual carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Memphis who can help you get price quote information.
- Sneed Insurance
6645 Stage Rd #200 – Memphis, TN 38134 – (901) 372-4580 – View Map
- AutoSave Insurance
2550 Poplar Ave – Memphis, TN 38112 – (901) 458-1630 – View Map
- Lipscomb and Pitts Insurance LLC
2670 Union Ave – Memphis, TN 38112 – (901) 321-1000 – View Map
Which auto insurance company is best in Tennessee?
Picking a good quality company is hard considering how many companies sell insurance in Memphis. The information below can help you select which coverage providers you want to consider comparing rates from.
Top 10 Memphis Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
More effort can pay off
People switch companies for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, lack of trust in their agent, delays in responding to claim requests and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company is less work than it seems.
As you quote Memphis car insurance, never buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We covered some good ideas how to shop for Pontiac Vibe insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Pontiac Vibe rate quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the smaller companies.
Additional auto insurance information is available below:
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Teachers in Memphis? (FAQ)
- How Much are Memphis Auto Insurance Quotes for a Mazda CX-7? (FAQ)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)