It's an obvious statement that auto insurance companies don't want policyholders to shop around. People who shop around annually will presumably switch to a new company because they stand a good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A study discovered that drivers who regularly shopped around saved an average of $70 a month compared to other drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on Lincoln Continental insurance in Memphis is the reason for your visit, then having a grasp of how to find and compare insurance rates can make it easier to find better rates.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get discount car insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Memphis.
- First, get a basic knowledge of what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like multiple speeding tickets and poor credit history can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Later in this article we will cover ideas to help keep prices low and get bigger discounts.
- Second, compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of companies. Get quotes now
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Memphis. If you find a lower rate quote, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel the current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. Don't forget to put the new certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
The most important part of shopping around is that you'll want to compare identical coverages on each price quote and and to get prices from as many different companies as possible. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
The majority of larger companies allow you to get prices for coverage from their websites. Getting quotes for Lincoln Continental insurance in Memphis is easy for anyone as you simply type in your personal and coverage information as detailed in the form. Once you submit the form, their system orders information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price quote.
Using the web to get price quotes for Lincoln Continental insurance in Memphis makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it's absolutely necessary to do this in order to get a lower rate.
If you want to find out what other companies charge, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend that you enter the coverage information as shown on your current policy. This makes sure you will get rate quotes using the exact same coverages.
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Tennessee. To locate cheap auto insurance in Memphis, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Score discounts to get cheaper Memphis insurance quotes
Some insurance providers do not advertise every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains both well-publicized and the harder-to-find discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Memphis car insurance online.
- Home Ownership Discount - Owning a house in Memphis may earn you a small savings since owning and maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Drivers Education - It's a good idea to have your young drivers successfully take a driver's education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Switch and Save Discount - A few larger companies give discounts for switching policies before your current Continental insurance policy expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Anti-theft Discount - Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Save over 55 - Drivers over the age of 55 are able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Driver Safety - Successfully completing a safe driver course could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
- Military Rewards - Being on active duty in the military could qualify you for better insurance rates.
As a footnote on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn't work that way.
To view providers who offer free Lincoln Continental insurance quotes in Tennessee, click here.
Choosing Continental insurance is an important decision
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Lincoln in Memphis, maintaining insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Continental, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Lincoln for a lot more money and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. Today the average American driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Auto insurance company ratings
Selecting the top company can be challenging considering how many companies sell coverage in Memphis. The company information in the next section may help you pick which insurers to look at purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 Memphis Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers - A++
- USAA - A++
- GEICO - A++
- State Farm - A++
- Erie Insurance - A+
- Titan Insurance - A+
- Esurance - A+
- Progressive - A+
- Nationwide - A+
- The Hartford - A+
Top 10 Memphis Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA - 91%
- AAA Insurance - 90%
- Esurance - 90%
- Mercury Insurance - 89%
- Nationwide - 89%
- Travelers - 88%
- Progressive - 88%
- Safeco Insurance - 88%
- State Farm - 88%
- Allstate - 88%
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to coverage, there is no "perfect" insurance plan. Every situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions can help discover whether you might need an agent's assistance.
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can help protect your family.
What if I want to buy from local Memphis insurance agencies?
Certain consumers would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good insurance agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Memphis who will give you quotes for your coverage. You never need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurer requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. A good agent in Memphis will have answers to these questions.
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- How many years have they been established?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
Auto insurance 101
Having a good grasp of insurance can be of help when determining which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are typical coverage types offered by insurance companies.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers - This protects you and your vehicle's occupants from other drivers when they are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Lincoln Continental.
Since many Tennessee drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (Tennessee limits are 25/50/15), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Medical expense insurance - Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for things like X-ray expenses, doctor visits, surgery and rehabilitation expenses. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Collision coverage - Collision insurance pays for damage to your Continental from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things such as driving through your garage door, sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a mailbox, colliding with another moving vehicle and colliding with a tree. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your Continental to bring the cost down.
Auto liability insurance - Liability insurance provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property in an accident. It protects YOU against claims from other people, and doesn't cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show values of 25/50/15 which means a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $15,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for things like pain and suffering, court costs, funeral expenses, attorney fees and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Tennessee state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/15 but it's recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The chart below shows why buying low liability limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) - Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as damage from getting keyed, falling objects, damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from flooding and rock chips in glass. The maximum payout you'll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value it's not worth carrying full coverage.