Want to know how to find lower-priced car insurance rates in Memphis, TN? Memphis drivers have lots of choices when trying to find low-cost Volkswagen Rabbit insurance. They can either spend hours calling around trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons.
There are both good and bad ways to buy car insurance and you need to know the proper way to quote coverages for a new or used Volkswagen and locate the lowest price either online or from Memphis insurance agents.
It’s a good idea to compare premium rates yearly because prices change frequently. Even if you think you had the best rates on Volkswagen Rabbit insurance in Memphis a couple years back there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in one of the easiest ways to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
The following companies have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Tennessee. To locate the best car insurance in TN, we suggest you compare several of them to get the most competitive price.
Three main reasons to buy car insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Volkswagen Rabbit insurance, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in Tennessee but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability in order to be legal. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Volkswagen at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Car insurance preserves your Volkswagen and your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Rabbit more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. As of last year, the average driver in Tennessee is overpaying more than $750 every year so compare rates at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Lower Your Memphis Insurance Prices
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, although some other factors are less obvious such as your marital status or your financial responsibility. A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the factors that help determine your policy premiums. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that could result in big savings.
- Do you really need the extra coverages? – Insurance policies have a lot of add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you don’t pay attention. Add-on coverages like rental car reimbursement, high-cost glass coverage, and membership fees may not be needed and are just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when discussing your needs, but your needs may have changed so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Alarm systems save money – Owning a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft deterrent systems such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help stop your car from being stolen.
- Cars with good safety ratings means better rates – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer injuries means less claims paid and cheaper rates on your policy.
- Type of car, truck or SUV determines base rates – The performance level of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in your premium level. Smaller low performance passenger models generally receive the lowest base rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
- Marriage pays dividends – Having a significant other may earn you lower rates when shopping for car insurance. Marriage may mean you are more responsible it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
- Females pay lower costs – Over the last 30 years, statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. However, this does not mean females are better at driving than males. Both genders tend to get into fender benders at about the same rate, but guys get into accidents with more damage. Men also have more aggressive citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Young males are most likely to cause an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
Always remember that when buying the right insurance coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Every situation is different and your auto insurance should unique, too.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Is pet coverage available?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Shop around and save
As you quote Memphis car insurance, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost.
Budget-conscious Volkswagen Rabbit insurance can be found on the web and with local Memphis insurance agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. Some car insurance companies may not provide price quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agencies.
We just showed you some good ideas how you can find affordable Volkswagen Rabbit insurance in Memphis. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Memphis car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the biggest savings come from the smaller companies. They may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Steps to finding better rates for Volkswagen Rabbit insurance in Memphis
The best way to find low-cost prices for auto insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Memphis.
- Step 1: Try to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price such as careless driving and a negative credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the application along with any required down payment for the new policy. Don’t forget to place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The most important part of this process is that you’ll want to compare identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to compare as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found in the articles below:
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Memphis Car Insurance for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Memphis? (FAQ)
- How Much are Memphis Car Insurance Rates for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Memphis? (FAQ)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)