The easiest way to get budget Pontiac GTO insurance in Memphis is to compare quotes once a year from providers who provide car insurance in Tennessee.
- Step 1: Learn about how auto insurance works and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like inattentive driving and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple companies. View companies
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current policy and submit a completed application and payment to your new company or agent. As soon as coverage is bound, put the new certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One important bit of advice is to make sure you’re comparing identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to compare as many car insurance companies as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
Sadly, the vast majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and just short of a majority have never taken the time to shop around. Drivers in Tennessee could save themselves about $480 a year, but they underestimate the rate savings if they just switched companies.
This information will familiarize you with how to effectively get price quotes and some tips to save money. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you should be able to buy cheaper insurance using the ideas covered in this article. Although Tennessee car owners need to learn how the larger insurance companies charge you for coverage because it varies considerably.
When comparison shopping, comparing all the rates in your area helps you find a lower rate.
The companies in the list below can provide comparison quotes in Memphis, TN. If you want to find the best cheap car insurance in Memphis, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Why you need GTO insurance in Tennessee
Despite the high cost, auto insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your GTO has a loan, most banks will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Pontiac at a much higher rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your Pontiac GTO. Insurance will pay for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Pontiac as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $850 per year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Memphis insurance discounts for a Pontiac GTO
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so we researched both well-publicized and the more hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Memphis car insurance online.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Memphis car insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual, GEICO and Allstate allow you one accident before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Onboard Data Collection – Policyholders that allow their car insurance company to study their driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles could earn substantially lower prices.
- Early Signing – Some car insurance companies provide a discount for switching to them early. You may see this discount when you get Memphis car insurance quotes online.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags may qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Student Discounts – This discount could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The discount lasts up to age 25.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A list of car insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- 21st Century has savings for defensive driver, automatic seat belts, theft prevention, student driver, 55 and older, and homeowners.
- State Farm includes discounts for driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, and passive restraint.
- AAA may have discounts that include anti-theft, pay-in-full, good student, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, education and occupation, and good driver.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for exclusive group savings, hybrid vehicle, newly married, new move discount, and preferred payment discount.
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, online signing, multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
If you are trying to find the cheapest Pontiac GTO rate quotes, ask each company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in Memphis. To see car insurance companies with discount rates in Tennessee, click this link.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When selecting your policy for your vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Your needs are unique to you and your car insurance should be unique as well.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Pontiac GTO is totaled?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.