Shockingly, most insurance customers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never shopped around. The average driver in Memphis could pocket about $480 a year by just shopping around, but they assume it’s a waste of time to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find affordable quotes for car insurance rates is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurers that insure vehicles in Memphis.
- Step 1: Learn about policy coverages and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many factors that cause high rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and poor credit rating can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Continue reading for ideas to keep prices down and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies. Get quotes now
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a signed application and payment for your new coverage. As soon as you can, place your new certificate of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get prices from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and the best price quote selection.
If you are insured now or just want cheaper coverage, you will benefit by learning to buy cheaper insurance and still get good coverage. Choosing the best insurance company for you in Memphis is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. You just need to know the quickest method to find the lowest price online from multiple companies.
Cheaper Memphis car insurance quotes with discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has a few of the more common as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Memphis car insurance online.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Safe drivers could pay up to 40% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Government Employee Discount – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote Memphis car insurance with a few car insurance companies.
- College Student – Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Telematics Discount – Memphis drivers who agree to allow driving data submission to look at driving habits by installing a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could save a few bucks if they are good drivers.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially in comparison to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Memphis Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home in Memphis can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military could qualify you for better car insurance rates.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
A quick disclaimer, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride. But any discount will help reduce the premium cost.
Larger car insurance companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- Progressive has savings for good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for anti-theft, driver training, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, good student, air bag, and bundle.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, location of vehicle, annual mileage, multi-car, and multi-policy.
- GEICO has discounts for federal employee, multi-vehicle, driver training, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, and membership and employees.
- AAA offers discounts for multi-policy, education and occupation, good driver, anti-theft, and AAA membership discount.
- State Farm offers discounts including accident-free, multiple policy, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, passive restraint, and good driver.
If you want the cheapest Kia Niro rate quotes, ask each company or agent the best way to save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies in your state. If you would like to see a list of providers with the best Kia Niro insurance discounts in Memphis, click here.
Finding more affordable auto insurance rates is actually quite simple. Consumers just need to take time comparing rates from some recommended companies.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it replaces the need to spend your day driving to local insurance agencies. The ability to quote Kia Niro insurance online eliminates this option unless you require the professional assistance of a local agent. Drivers can find lower rates online and still use a local agent.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Tennessee. If you want cheap auto insurance in Memphis, we suggest you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
Lower Your Memphis Insurance Premiums
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that aid in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find lower car insurance prices.
Shown below are some of the items companies use to determine prices.
- Always keep your car insurance in place – Not having insurance is a big no-no and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance expire. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance will get you a license revocation or jail time. Then you may be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Tennessee DMV.
- Incidental coverages push up rates – There are a lot of extra coverages that can add up on your Niro policy. Insurance for things like roadside assistance, accident forgiveness, and motor club memberships are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea initially, but if you have no use for them get rid of them and save.
- High coverage deductibles save money – Comp and collision deductibles are how much you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. Physical damage protection, also called ‘full coverage’, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, and damage caused by road hazards. The more expense the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Drive less and get lower costs – The more you drive in a year the higher the price you pay to insure it. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Cars that sit idle most of the time cost less to insure than those that get driven frequently. Having the wrong rating on your Niro is just wasting money. It’s a smart idea to ensure your car insurance policy properly reflects the right rating data, because it can save money.
- You might want pay the minor policy claims yourself – If you file a lot of claims you should expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance companies in Tennessee give most affordable rates to drivers who are claim-free. Your insurance policy is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Do you work long hours in a demanding vocation? – Careers like lawyers, police officers, and dentists tend to pay higher rates than the rest of us in part from high stress and lots of time spent away from family. Other jobs like professors, students and retirees receive lower rates.
- Is your vehicle theft-ready? – Selecting a car model that has a built-in theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft devices like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can thwart auto theft.
When to get advice from a local insurance agent
Certain consumers still prefer to buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that Experienced insurance agents can help you build your policy and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheap auto insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is definitely important in Memphis.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Memphis that give free quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent immediately to you. If you need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, feel free to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Listed below are agents in Memphis that may be able to provide price quote information for Kia Niro insurance in Memphis.
Farmers Insurance: Candace Hall
1444 E Shelby Dr #329 – Memphis, TN 38116 – (901) 345-2615 – View Map
Nationwide Insurance: Clarence Mosley Jr
4132 Elvis Presley Blvd – Memphis, TN 38116 – (901) 346-2550 – View Map
Nationwide Insurance: Daysha J Palacio-Miller
1850 Poplar Crest Cove Ste 102 – Memphis, TN 38119 – (901) 762-8585 – View Map
Nationwide Insurance: Tri-State Insurance Agency Inc
5545 Murray Ave Ste 107 – Memphis, TN 38119 – (901) 767-3379 – View Map
Selecting an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- If they are an independent agency in Memphis, which companies do they recommend?
If you get answers to your satisfaction to all your questions and locked in a price quote, you have narrowed it down to an provider that meets your needs to insure your vehicles.
Best reasons to buy auto insurance in Tennessee
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Memphis, auto insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Niro, most lenders will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Kia for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your Kia. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having auto insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays more than $700 annually so it’s important to compare rates at every policy renewal to save money.
Memphis car insurance companies ranked
Finding a high-quality insurer is hard considering how many companies sell coverage in Tennessee. The company rank data in the next section can help you choose which car insurance providers to look at purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 Memphis Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- Erie Insurance
- The General
Compare but don’t skimp
The cheapest Kia Niro insurance in Memphis is attainable on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not have rate quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to save on Kia Niro insurance in Memphis. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest rates are with a small local company. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
More information can be read on the following sites:
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Real Estate Agents in Memphis? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Memphis? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Electric Cars in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)