Are you overwhelmed by the dozens of car insurance choices in Memphis? Lot’s of other drivers are too. Consumers have so many choices to choose from that it is a burden to find better prices for Dodge Neon insurance in Memphis. Everyone knows Memphis is an excellent city in which to live, but inflated car insurance rates can make it hard for many drivers to be able to buy decent coverage.
It’s amazing but the vast majority of consumers in Tennessee renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. American drivers can save roughly $859 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare rate quotes.
It’s a good habit to take a look at other company’s rates yearly since rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you think you had the best rate on Dodge Neon insurance in Memphis six months ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re about to find out the proper way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Dodge Neon insurance in Memphis.
If you are already insured, you will most likely be able to find the best rates using these tips. The purpose of this article is to familiarize you with how to effectively get price quotes and some money-saving tips. But Tennessee car owners must comprehend the methods companies use to calculate their prices and use this information to your advantage.
To find more affordable rates, there are a couple of ways to compare rate quotes from different Memphis insurance companies. The fastest way to find the cheapest Dodge Neon insurance rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online. It’s important to know that making a lot of price comparisons helps locate a lower rate than you’re paying now. Not every company does Memphis Neon insurance quotes online, so it’s necessary to compare prices from them as well.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Tennessee. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Memphis, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Discounts for affordable auto insurance quotes
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you can get discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you purchase, but a few must be manually applied before being credited.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but some companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual will let one accident slide before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Memphis Homeowners Discount – Just being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance since owning and maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Memphis auto insurance but check with your company.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking time to complete a driver safety course can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few auto insurance companies offer discounts for switching to them before your current Neon insurance policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Older drivers could receive reduced rates.
You can save money using discounts, but most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
The best auto insurance companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- The Hartford has discounts for defensive driver, air bag, driver training, vehicle fuel type, good student, and anti-theft.
- American Family may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, good driver, good student, TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, and air bags.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- Travelers discounts include multi-policy, student away at school, multi-car, good student, payment discounts, home ownership, and new car.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include switch companies, youthful driver, pay in full, bundle discounts, and alternative fuel.
- USAA may include discounts for good student, vehicle storage, family discount, annual mileage, new vehicle, safe driver, and military installation.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including new move discount, new graduate, exclusive group savings, preferred payment discount, and safety features.
When getting free Memphis auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in Memphis. For a list of auto insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Tennessee, click here.
Car insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though Memphis Neon insurance rates can get expensive, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
First, most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your vehicle with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Dodge at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your car insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $750 every year so it’s recommended you shop around every year to make sure the price is not too high.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When buying coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
What if I want to buy from local Memphis auto insurance agents?
Certain consumers would rather get advice from a local agent. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheaper rates but also keep your business local. And supporting local insurance agencies is especially important in Memphis.
After completing this short form, the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Memphis that provide free Memphis auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to even leave your home because prices are sent instantly to you. You can find lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, you can always go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a reliable agent, you should know the types of agencies from which to choose. Car insurance policy providers can be classified as either exclusive or independent.
Independent insurance agents are appointed with more than one company and that gives them the ability to insure with many different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, the agent simply finds a different carrier which is easy for the insured.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to compare prices from at least one independent agent to get the best comparison. They often place coverage with less well-known companies who may have lower rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Memphis that can give you cheap rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Clarence Mosley Jr
4132 Elvis Presley Blvd – Memphis, TN 38116 – (901) 346-2550 – View Map
- Fred L. Davis Insurance Agency – Car Insurance Agency
1374 Airways Blvd – Memphis, TN 38114 – (901) 323-6159 – View Map
- Peterson Insurance Services, Inc.
8046 N Brother Blvd #101 – Memphis, TN 38133 – (901) 386-4777 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are Memphis exclusive agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
- Kevin White – State Farm Insurance Agent
2861 Poplar Ave – Memphis, TN 38111 – (901) 652-8484 – View Map
- Arther Wells – State Farm Insurance Agent
4205 Hacks Cross Rd #116 – Memphis, TN 38125 – (901) 363-9217 – View Map
- Parker Rhett – State Farm Insurance Agent
4515 Poplar Ave #416 – Memphis, TN 38117 – (901) 680-7400 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. A good agent in Memphis will have answers to these questions.
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Will they give you a referral list?