Do you want to learn how to find cheaper Nissan Pathfinder insurance in Memphis? Searching for better insurance prices for a Nissan Pathfinder in Tennessee could be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to make it easier. There are more efficient ways to find car insurance online so we’re going to tell you the best way to get price quotes for a new or used Nissan and obtain the lowest possible price from both online companies and Memphis agents.
Unbelievably, nearly 70% of customers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for a minimum of four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Many drivers in Memphis could cut their rates by 35% a year by just shopping around, but they underestimate the rate savings if they bought a different policy.
Smart consumers take time to price shop coverage periodically since prices change regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best quotes on Nissan Pathfinder insurance in Memphis a few years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because we’re going to show you the quickest way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Car insurance policy discounts for Nissan Pathfinder insurance in Memphis
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may find discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you quote, but a few must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying a policy with multiple cars on the same car insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better prices if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings as much as 30%.
You can save money using discounts, but some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, that’s just not realistic.
The information below compares Nissan Pathfinder auto insurance costs with and without discounts. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Tennessee state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, multi-policy, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- GEICO offers discounts for air bags, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, anti-theft, and military active duty.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for safe vehicle, anti-theft, multiple vehicles, student away at school, air bags, and multi-policy.
- American Family discounts include good driver, TimeAway discount, good student, bundled insurance, and multi-vehicle.
- Esurance includes discounts for online quote, good student, good driver, Switch & Save, and safety device.
- Progressive offers discounts including good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- State Farm may have discounts that include Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, good driver, and multiple policy.
- AAA may offer discounts for pay-in-full, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, multi-car, and multi-policy.
Before buying, ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in Memphis.
Getting a cheaper price on insurance is not rocket science. All you need to do is take time comparing rate quotes online with multiple companies.
The providers in the list below offer free quotes in Memphis, TN. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
Detailed insurance information
The price information shown next covers estimates of coverage prices for Nissan Pathfinder models. Being more informed about how policy premiums are determined can assist in making decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Pathfinder S 2WD||$144||$230||$298||$18||$90||$780||$65|
|Pathfinder S 4WD||$166||$230||$298||$18||$90||$802||$67|
|Pathfinder SE 2WD||$166||$230||$298||$18||$90||$802||$67|
|Pathfinder SE 4WD||$166||$230||$298||$18||$90||$802||$67|
|Pathfinder LE 2WD||$186||$278||$298||$18||$90||$870||$73|
|Pathfinder LE 4WD||$186||$278||$298||$18||$90||$870||$73|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location which can decrease or increase prices noticeably.
Liability only or full coverage
The example below shows the comparison of Nissan Pathfinder car insurance rates with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The information is based on no violations or claims, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no set rule for excluding comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Nissan Pathfinder replacement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying more than $400 a year for physical damage coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Get rate quotes but work with a local Memphis insurance agency
Many people would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision Professional agents can help you build your policy and help you file claims. A good thing about getting online price quotes is you may find cheap insurance quotes and still have a local agent.
By using this quick form, your insurance data is transmitted to agents in your area that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific insurance provider, you would need to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best insurance company requires you to look at more than just the price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they work. Agents in Memphis can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both sell affordable insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know how they differ since it can impact the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Many people purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to high brand loyalty rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Memphis that can give you price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance: Calvit Ratcliffe
5865 Ridgeway Center Pkwy #300 – Memphis, TN 38120 – (901) 761-6083 – View Map
- Kevin White – State Farm Insurance Agent
2861 Poplar Ave – Memphis, TN 38111 – (901) 652-8484 – View Map
- Ron Willis – State Farm Insurance Agent
3486 Poplar Ave #102 – Memphis, TN 38111 – (901) 454-7912 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents are not employed by one company so they can insure your vehicles through many companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing rate quotes, you will want to get quotes from multiple independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with companies that do not advertise much that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Memphis that can give you price quote information.
- BURFORD INSURANCE AGENCY
3325 KIRBY PKWY STE 102 – Memphis, TN 38115 – (901) 507-6873 – View Map
- Clay and Land Insurance, Inc.
866 Ridgeway Loop Rd #200 – Memphis, TN 38120 – (901) 767-3600 – View Map
- Sneed Insurance
6645 Stage Rd #200 – Memphis, TN 38134 – (901) 372-4580 – View Map
If you get reasonable responses to any questions you may have and locked in a price quote, you may have found an insurance agency that will insure your vehicles. It’s important to know that it’s your coverage and you can terminate your policy whenever you wish so don’t think that you are permanently stuck with your new company indefinitely.
Car insurance companies ranked
Picking the best car insurance company is difficult considering how many companies provide coverage in Tennessee. The company information in the lists below could help you decide which auto insurers to look at buying from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Compare but don’t skimp
As you quote Memphis auto insurance, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, someone sacrificed full coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
We just showed you many tips how you can reduce Nissan Pathfinder insurance rates online in Memphis. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, questionable increases in premium, not issuing a premium refund or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new insurance company is easier than you think.
Steps to finding cheaper quotes for Nissan Pathfinder insurance in Memphis
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find better pricing on Nissan Pathfinder insurance in Memphis is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies in Tennessee.
- Spend some time learning about how car insurance works and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as multiple speeding tickets and a negative credit rating can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. View companies
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on Pathfinder insurance. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment and a signed application to your new company or agent. Once the paperwork is finalized, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A crucial key to this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverages on each quote request and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. This ensures a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in Memphis? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)