Want to learn how to save money and find more affordable Hyundai Veloster insurance in Memphis? Are you kicking yourself for buying high-priced Hyundai Veloster insurance in Memphis? Don’t feel bad because there are a lot of people in Memphis just like you who feel imprisoned by their insurance policy.
A recent survey discovered that a large majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. Many drivers in Tennessee can cut their rates by 35% a year, but they underestimate the benefits if they switched to a more affordable policy.
How to buy lower priced Hyundai Veloster insurance in Memphis
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find affordable quotes for car insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from insurers in Memphis.
First, spend some time learning about how insurance works and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many factors that cause rate increases such as speeding tickets, careless driving and an imperfect credit history can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the price quotes to your existing rates and determine if cheaper Veloster coverage is available in Memphis. If you find better rates, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, give notification to your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit a completed application and payment to the new company. Once the paperwork is finalized, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One bit of advice is to use identical coverages on each quote and and to get quotes from as many carriers as you can. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Since vehicle owners have many companies and agents to choose from, it can be impossible to find the best insurance company.
What Determines Hyundai Veloster Insurance Rates?
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the rating factors that come into play when calculating your premiums. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you big savings.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
- Driver age impacts premiums – Teen drivers in Tennessee have a tendency to get distracted easily with other occupants in the car so auto insurance rates are higher. Having to add a first-time driver to your auto insurance policy can be quite pricey. More mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, cause fewer claims and accidents, and get fewer tickets.
- Credit history impacts premium premiums – Having a good credit history is likely to be a major factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. If your credit history is low, you could save money insuring your Hyundai Veloster by taking the time to improve your credit score. Insureds that have good credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have bad credit.
- Lower rates for married couples – Having a wife or husband helps lower the price on auto insurance. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be less irresponsible and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- You might want pay the small policy claims yourself – Companies in Tennessee give lower rates to insureds who only file infrequent claims. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is designed for the large, substantial claims.
- Companies want multiple policies – Lots of companies afford a discount to clients who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, consumers should still compare other company rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Does auto insurance cost less for women? – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. It does not mean women are better drivers. Men and women tend to get into accidents at a similar rate, but the men tend to have higher claims. They also get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI.
- Add-on coverages push up prices – There are a ton of optional add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying auto insurance. Coverages like rental car coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and membership fees are some examples. They may seem like a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them from your policy.
Insurance loss data for a Hyundai Veloster – Insurance companies factor in insurance loss information to help determine rates. Vehicles that tend to have a trend towards higher claims will cost more for specific coverages.
The data below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Hyundai Veloster vehicles. For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is set at 100. Numbers below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are 100 or greater indicate more frequent claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Hyundai Veloster Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Hyundai Veloster 109 112 88 112 129 116 Hyundai Veloster Turbo 116 87 104 98 89 101BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper Hyundai Veloster insurance in Memphis with discounts
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but companies offer discounts that you may not know about. Certain reductions will be credited when you get a quote, but a few must be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially when compared to bad drivers.
- Good Grades Discount – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles can qualify you for cheaper premium rates.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for primary and secondary vehicles with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a driver safety course may get you a small discount if your company offers it.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
As a footnote on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
A list of car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- GEICO may include discounts for seat belt use, driver training, federal employee, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, and anti-theft.
- MetLife has discounts for defensive driver, claim-free, good student, accident-free, good driver, and multi-policy.
- State Farm discounts include good student, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple policy.
- Progressive has savings for homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include accident-free, multi-car, annual mileage, professional/association, age of vehicle, and type of vehicle.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for defensive driver, automatic seat belts, early bird, driver training, homeowners, anti-lock brakes, and student driver.
- Allstate offers discounts including premier discount, good payer, EZ pay plan discount, safe driver, resident student, FullPay discount, and multi-policy.
Double check with each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts might not be offered in Memphis. To see insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Tennessee, follow this link.
How to find a good Tennessee car insurance company
Selecting the best insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many companies sell insurance in Memphis. The company rank data shown next may help you analyze which auto insurers you want to consider purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Memphis Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Top 10 Memphis Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
How much can you save?
You just read a lot of techniques to get a better price on Hyundai Veloster insurance in Memphis. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting low cost Memphis car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, an insured dropped collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Steps to finding affordable quotes for Hyundai Veloster insurance in Memphis
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get budget Hyundai Veloster insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers in Memphis.
First, get a basic knowledge of how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many things that result in higher prices like accidents, careless driving, and poor credit can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on Veloster insurance in Memphis. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, tell your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new insurer. Once coverage is bound, keep your new certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to remember is to try to use identical coverage information on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many different companies as possible. This provides a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Good Students in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Memphis Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenagers in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Memphis Auto Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds in Memphis? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Low Credit Scores in Memphis? (FAQ)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)