Locating discount Memphis Dodge Ram insurance quotes online can appear to be impossible for consumers new to shopping for insurance on the web. With so many insurance agents and insurance companies available, how can you have time to compare all the different companies and get the best available price?
How to find the cheapest rates for Dodge Ram insurance in Memphis
The best way we recommend to get cheaper car insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from insurance carriers in Memphis. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Try to comprehend how companies price auto insurance and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an unacceptable credit rating can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article gives more ideas to keep prices down and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new company or agent. Immediately store the certificate verifying coverage with your registration paperwork.
An important bit of advice to remember is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverages on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Remarkably, a study showed that almost 70% of drivers in Tennessee kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could save an average of about $850 each year just by comparing rates, but they don’t invest the time required to shop their coverage around.
Discounts can help lower premiums on Dodge Ram insurance in Memphis
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but companies offer discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you get a quote, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically before they will apply. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some insurance carriers give lower prices if you buy life insurance.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current Ram insurance policy expiration. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new Ram can be considerably cheaper because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- College Student – College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Memphis and do not take a car to college may be able to be covered for less.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Memphis drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
As a footnote on discounts, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
The example below compares Dodge Ram auto insurance costs with and without discounts. Data assumes a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Tennessee state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
If you would like to see a list of providers that offer many of these discounts in Memphis, click here to view.
How to buy Dodge Ram insurance online
When quoting insurance, remember that comparing a large number of companies will improve the odds of getting the best offered rates. Not every company provides price estimates online, so you should also compare price estimates from those companies as well.
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Tennessee. In order to find the best auto insurance in Memphis, TN, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Premium rates and analysis
The premium table shown next covers detailed analysis of policy rates for Dodge Ram models. Being able to understand how insurance premiums are determined can benefit drivers when making decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$118||$190||$368||$22||$110||$808||$67|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$134||$232||$368||$22||$110||$866||$72|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$134||$232||$368||$22||$110||$866||$72|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$134||$232||$368||$22||$110||$866||$72|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$134||$232||$368||$22||$110||$866||$72|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$134||$232||$368||$22||$110||$866||$72|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$134||$232||$368||$22||$110||$866||$72|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$134||$232||$368||$22||$110||$866||$72|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$134||$232||$368||$22||$110||$866||$72|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$150||$274||$368||$22||$110||$924||$77|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$150||$274||$368||$22||$110||$924||$77|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$150||$274||$368||$22||$110||$924||$77|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$150||$274||$368||$22||$110||$924||$77|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$150||$274||$368||$22||$110||$924||$77|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$150||$274||$368||$22||$110||$924||$77|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$150||$274||$368||$22||$110||$924||$77|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$150||$274||$368||$22||$110||$924||$77|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$150||$274||$368||$22||$110||$924||$77|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$150||$314||$368||$22||$110||$964||$80|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$150||$314||$368||$22||$110||$964||$80|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can decrease or increase rates noticeably.
Why Informed Consumers Pay Less for Dodge Ram Insurance
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that may reward you with lower rates. Lots of factors are used when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but other criteria are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
More performance means more cost – The type of vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. Lower cost passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
The following data uses these variables: single male driver age 20, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Dodge Ram car insurance rates compared to other makes and models that have different risk factors.
- Poor credit decisions can cost you – Credit history can be an important factor in determining premium rates. If your credit history can be improved, you could be paying less to insure your Dodge Ram if you clean up your credit. Insureds with good credit tend to be better risks to insure than drivers with poor credit scores.
- Fewer miles means better costs – The more you drive your Dodge in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers charge rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate than those that get driven frequently. Having the wrong rating on your Ram may be costing you higher rates. Make sure your declarations sheet states annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Accidents cost more than a fine – Just one ticket can boost insurance rates substantially. Drivers with clean records have lower premiums compared to bad drivers. Drivers with license-revoking tickets like DUI or reckless driving might be required by their state to maintain a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The example below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault claims can impact Dodge Ram premium costs for each age group. The premiums are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
When quoting and choosing adequate coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. You are unique.
These are some specific questions can help discover if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
When should I have guidance from an insurance agent?
A small number of people would rather sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is you can get better rates and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is important particularly in Memphis.
Upon completion of this quick form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your business. You won’t even need to leave your house as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can get cheaper car insurance rates AND a local agent. If you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, just find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurer shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
Insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the potentially high cost of Dodge Ram insurance, insuring your vehicle is required in Tennessee but it also protects you in many ways.
First, just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your car, it’s most likely the lender will require you to buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Dodge at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. As of last year, the average driver in Tennessee is overpaying more than $850 per year so shop around every year to make sure the price is not too high.
What is the best auto insurance company in Memphis?
Selecting the best insurance provider can be difficult considering how many companies there are to choose from in Tennessee. The information in the next section can help you analyze which companies you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Memphis Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Be persistent and save
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, questionable increases in premium, extreme rates for teen drivers and not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Low-cost Dodge Ram insurance in Memphis is attainable on the web and also from your neighborhood Memphis agents, so you need to shop Memphis auto insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not offer rates over the internet and these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
We just covered a lot of tips how to reduce Dodge Ram insurance prices online in Memphis. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Memphis auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the best price on insurance is with a small mutual company.
Steps to buying low-cost Dodge Ram insurance in Memphis
The easiest way to find the cheapest price for Dodge Ram insurance in Memphis is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Tennessee. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
First, spend some time learning about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many rating factors that cause high rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
Second, request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Compare rates
Third, compare the quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a signed application and payment to the new insurer. As soon as you receive it, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle.
One thing to point out is to try to use similar coverage information on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and many rates to choose from.
Much more information about insurance in Tennessee is available at the links below
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for High School Students in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Memphis Auto Insurance Quotes for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Memphis Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)