The easiest way to get budget auto insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Memphis. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- Get an understanding of how car insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many things that result in higher rates like your driving record and a substandard credit history can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article gives additional tips to get better rates and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple sources. View rates
- Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on Magnum insurance. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One important bit of advice is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to compare as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Inconceivable but true, over 70% of drivers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never taken the time to shop around. Tennessee consumers can save as much as 35% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to compare rates and save money.
Compare quotes for Memphis Dodge Magnum insurance
Most larger insurance companies give insurance quotes directly from their websites. Obtaining pricing for Dodge Magnum insurance in Memphis is very simple because you just enter the coverage amounts you desire into a form. When complete, the system requests your driving and credit reports and returns a price quote. This makes it simple to compare prices and it’s absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to get the lowest possible payments on insurance.
If you want to compare rates using this form now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you input deductibles and limits as shown on your current policy. This ensures you will get a fair comparison based on identical coverages.
The providers in the list below offer price comparisons in Tennessee. If you wish to find the best auto insurance in Tennessee, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Cheaper rates by taking advantage of discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not even know about. Some discounts will apply at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Accident Waiver – Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like State Farm and Progressive will let one accident slide before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving less could earn substantially lower rates.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Options like air bags can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you could save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Responsible Drivers – Insureds without accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
One last thing about discounts, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck.
Auto insurance companies that may offer quotes with some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before you buy a policy, ask each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts may not be available in your area.
How Insurance Providers Calculate Dodge Magnum Insurance Premiums
Many different elements are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but some are not as apparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
- Expect high rates for teens – Older insureds are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable. Beginning drivers have a tendency to be less responsible with other occupants in the car so car insurance rates are higher.
- Long commutes cost more – The more you drive in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure it. Many insurance companies charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars used primarily for pleasure use can be on a lower rate level compared to those used for work or business. A policy that improperly rates your Magnum is just wasting money. Double check that your policy properly reflects the right rating data, because it can save money.
- Only buy coverage you need – There are many extra add-on coverages that may not really be needed if you aren’t diligent. Add-on coverages like vanishing deductibles, high-cost glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships are some examples. The coverages may be enticing when talking to your agent, but if you’ve never needed them in the past remove them and pocket the money.
- Higher car insurance rates for policy lapses – Driving without insurance can get you a ticket and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – Insurance companies in Tennessee give the best rates to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- More policies can equal more savings – The majority of insurers apply a discount to buyers who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to get quotes from other companies to ensure the best deal.
Insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
Many drivers just want to have an agent’s advice and doing that can be a smart decision An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find cheap insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, your information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Memphis who will give you bids for your coverage. You won’t even need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. You’ll get the best rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an insurer needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Tennessee?
If you prefer to buy insurance from a reliable agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Insurance agents are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only write with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Below are exclusive agencies in Memphis that can give you rate quotes.
Allstate Insurance: Josh Roman
579 S Perkins Rd – Memphis, TN 38117 – (901) 683-8600 – View Map
State Farm: Warren Hodges
5170 Sanderlin Ave #204 – Memphis, TN 38117 – (901) 767-2000 – View Map
GEICO Insurance Agent
420 S Germantown Pkwy #109 – Cordova, TN 38018 – (901) 761-5240 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents can quote rates with many companies so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured. When comparing rates, you absolutely need to compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates.
Below are independent agents in Memphis willing to provide price quote information.
Bill Blake Auto Insurance
5724 Mt Moriah Rd – Memphis, TN 38115 – (901) 432-5551 – View Map
Keltner Insurance Inc.
3232 S Perkins Rd – Memphis, TN 38118 – (901) 797-8665 – View Map
Peterson Insurance Services, Inc.
8046 N Brother Blvd #101 – Memphis, TN 38133 – (901) 386-4777 – View Map
If you receive reasonable responses to these questions as well as a affordable price, you’ve probably found an auto insurance agent that will service your policy.
Car insurance can be complex
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing your policy, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Who is covered when they drive my Dodge Magnum?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Persistence is the key to affordable rates
Some auto insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and usually these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies. Lower-priced Dodge Magnum insurance in Memphis can be sourced both online and with local Memphis insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture.
As you quote Memphis car insurance, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed full coverage only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
More detailed auto insurance information is located at these sites:
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Memphis Auto Insurance Quotes for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Handicapped Drivers in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Memphis Auto Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)