The preferred way to get discount car insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers in Memphis.
- First, take a few minutes and learn about policy coverages and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many things that increase rates like inattentive driving and a bad credit rating can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Continue reading for more information to help reduce prices and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper Aspen coverage is available. If you find a lower rate, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit a completed application and payment to the new insurer. Once received, place your new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle.
One bit of advice is to try to use the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to get rates from as many companies as possible. This ensures a fair rate comparison and a thorough price selection.
Unbelievably, about 70% of customers have been with the same company for over three years, and 38% of customers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. The average driver in Tennessee could save as much as 35% a year, but they don’t want to spend time to compare rate quotes online.
If you’re already insured or want to find a cheaper company, you will benefit by learning to buy cheaper insurance without reducing protection. Quoting and comparing the cheapest insurance coverage in Memphis is not as difficult as people think. Drivers just need to use the proper methods to compare rate quotes over the internet.
Getting cheaper Chrysler Aspen insurance pricing is actually quite simple. Consumers just need to take time comparing rates online with multiple companies.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Tennessee. If you want cheap auto insurance in TN, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Even though Memphis Aspen insurance rates can get expensive, insurance is required by state law in Tennessee and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Chrysler, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Chrysler at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your Chrysler Aspen but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in Tennessee is wasting up to $800 each year so compare rate quotes every year to save money.
Determine discounts on Memphis auto insurance
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list all discounts very well, so we researched some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits available to bring down your rates.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Resident Student – Kids who live away from home at college and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a home in Memphis can save a few bucks since owning and maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Driver Education Discount – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver’s education course in high school.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Accident-free drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than less cautious drivers.
Remember that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
A list of auto insurance companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, and homeowner.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for drive less, accident prevention training, multi-car, anti-theft, teen safe driver, bundle discounts, and homeowner.
- American Family offers discounts including good student, Steer into Savings, early bird, good driver, and bundled insurance.
- MetLife may include discounts for claim-free, good driver, good student, defensive driver, multi-policy, and accident-free.
- GEICO discounts include anti-lock brakes, air bags, military active duty, driver training, five-year accident-free, seat belt use, and good student.
- The Hartford includes discounts for vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, air bag, good student, bundle, and defensive driver.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts listed above may not apply everywhere.
Insurance agent or online?
Many drivers still prefer to go talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision Professional agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. Supporting small agencies is especially important in Memphis.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information gets sent to companies in Memphis that can provide free Memphis auto insurance quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Listed below is a list of insurance companies in Memphis that are able to give price quote information for Chrysler Aspen insurance in Memphis.
- Allstate Insurance: Willie E. Martin
3315 Kirby Pkwy – Memphis, TN 38115 – (901) 365-2008 – View Map
- Kellett Insurance Agency
4608 Quince Rd – Memphis, TN 38117 – (901) 685-3008 – View Map
- Zach Jaworski – State Farm Insurance Agent
6060 Primacy Pkwy #221 – Memphis, TN 38119 – (901) 794-3691 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
420 S Germantown Pkwy #109 – Cordova, TN 38018 – (901) 761-5240 – View Map
Picking the best insurer is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Memphis should be willing to answer these questions.
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- How long has the business existed?
Upon receiving acceptable answers to any questions you have and a low price estimate, you have narrowed it down to an insurer that is professional and can insure your vehicles. It’s important to know that it’s your coverage and you can terminate your policy at any point so don’t assume that you’re stuck with any particular company indefinitely.
Best car insurance company in Tennessee
Buying coverage from the highest-rated insurer can be a challenge considering how many companies there are in Memphis. The information displayed below can help you pick which auto insurance companies you want to consider comparing rates from.
Top 10 Memphis Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Auto insurance coverages
Learning about specific coverages of your car insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive coverage – This pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like a broken windshield, fire damage and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for bills for pain medications, doctor visits and hospital visits. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers both the driver and occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Coverage for liability – This protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property that is your fault. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 25/50/15 that means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, attorney fees and court costs. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but consider buying as much as you can afford. Tennessee requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/15 but it’s recommended drivers buy higher limits.
The illustration below demonstrates why low liability limits may not be enough.
Collision – Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims like sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a ditch and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also raise the deductible on your Aspen in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Chrysler Aspen.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (Tennessee limits are 25/50/15), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Car insurance savings summarized
Drivers leave their current company for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, questionable increases in premium, not issuing a premium refund and policy cancellation. Whatever your reason, finding a new car insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, drivers have reduced collision coverage only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
In this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to save on Chrysler Aspen insurance in Memphis. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Memphis auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a smaller regional carrier.
To read more, take a look at the resources below:
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Lyft Drivers in Memphis? (FAQ)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)