The most effective way to quote cheaper Cadillac ATS insurance in Memphis is to compare prices once a year from different companies in Tennessee.
- Try to understand individual coverages and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as high-risk driving behaviors and a negative credit rating can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the new insurer. As soon as you can, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good piece of advice is that you’ll want to compare identical coverages on each quote and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. Doing this provides a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Statistics show that most car insurance policyholders have bought car insurance from the same company for over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Tennessee drivers could cut their rates by roughly 35% a year just by comparing rates, but most tend to underestimate the large savings they would see if they switched.
Companies offering Cadillac ATS insurance in Memphis
The companies in the list below offer comparison quotes in Memphis, TN. If you want to find the cheapest auto insurance in Memphis, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Companies offer many types of discounts on Cadillac ATS insurance in Memphis
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you may find discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but a few need to be manually applied in order for you to get them. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Memphis drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more on ATS insurance in Memphis.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Federal government employees may reduce rates when you quote Memphis car insurance with certain companies.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer these benefits possibly include:
Check with each company or agent how you can save money. Savings may not be available in Memphis. If you would like to see a list of car insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Memphis, click here to view.
The Cadillac ATS Insurance Price Equation
Many factors are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but other factors are more transparent such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.
Men are more aggressive – The statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. This data doesn’t prove that men are worse drivers. Males and females tend to get into fender benders in similar numbers, but the male of the species cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also receive more major tickets like driving under the influence (DUI). Male drivers age 16 to 19 generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore pay the highest rates.
The type of car, truck or SUV makes a difference – The performance of the car or truck you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in your car insurance bill. The cheapest rates will generally be found on lower cost passenger cars, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Do you know your physical damage deductibles? – Physical damage insurance, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your Cadillac from damage. Examples of covered claims are a broken side mirror, hail damage, or theft. The deductibles define how much you are required to spend if a covered claim is submitted. The more of the claim you’re willing to pay, the less your car insurance will be.
Stay claim-free and save money – Companies in Tennessee provide lower rates to drivers who do not file claims often. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your car insurance is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Being married reduces risk – Being married helps lower the price compared to being single. Having a spouse is viewed as being more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Loss statistics for a Cadillac ATS – Auto insurance companies factor in historical loss data when determining insurance rates. Models that the data determines to have higher loss trends will have a higher premium rate.
The table shown below demonstrates the historical loss data for Cadillac ATS vehicles. For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is represented as 100. Values that are under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Cadillac ATS 4dr 2WD||121||97||103||107||96||90|
|Cadillac ATS 4dr 4WD||127||81||91||92||93||74|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Your car insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to buying your policy for your vehicles, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique so this has to be addressed.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Tennessee?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Buying from insurance agents
A lot of people just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you may find the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is important especially in Memphis.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that can give you free Memphis car insurance quotes for your business. You won’t need to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
If you want to use a local Memphis insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents to choose from. Memphis agents can either be independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel often have affiliation with several companies and that gives them the ability to insure through many different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing insurance prices, you need to contact several independent agencies for maximum quote selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with companies you’ve never heard of that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Shown below is a small list of independent agents in Memphis who may provide free price quotes.
- C R Everhart Insurance Agency
5986 Knight Arnold Rd – Memphis, TN 38115 – (901) 362-0545 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Tri-State Insurance Agency Inc
5545 Murray Ave Ste 107 – Memphis, TN 38119 – (901) 767-3379 – View Map
- Clay and Land Insurance, Inc.
866 Ridgeway Loop Rd #200 – Memphis, TN 38120 – (901) 767-3600 – View Map
These agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some consumers prefer to use the same agent primarily because of high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
Listed below are Memphis exclusive agencies that are able to give rate quotes.
- State Farm: Warren Hodges
5170 Sanderlin Ave #204 – Memphis, TN 38117 – (901) 767-2000 – View Map
- Ron Willis – State Farm Insurance Agent
3486 Poplar Ave #102 – Memphis, TN 38111 – (901) 454-7912 – View Map
- Dan Crawford – State Farm Insurance Agent
5705 Stage Rd #160 – Memphis, TN 38134 – (901) 372-4400 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. Get answers to these questions too.
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
Quote more to save more
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
You just learned some good ideas how to shop for Cadillac ATS insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Cadillac ATS rate quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with the least-expected company. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
Discount Cadillac ATS insurance in Memphis is available from both online companies and from local agencies, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies do not provide online quoting and usually these smaller providers work with independent insurance agencies.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Lyft Drivers in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Memphis Auto Insurance for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)