It’s an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Drivers who shop around for the cheapest rate are highly likely to move their business because there is a high probability of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent study showed that drivers who compared rates regularly saved $865 a year as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on car insurance in Memphis is the reason for your visit, then having an understanding of the best way to quote and compare insurance coverage can make shopping around easier.
It takes a little time, but the best way to find discount car insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from providers who provide car insurance in Memphis.
- First, try to learn a little about how companies set rates and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many things that result in higher prices like inattentive driving and poor credit rating can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Keep reading for the details to get cheaper coverage and find possible discounts that are available.
- Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from many different companies. View a list of agents
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy and submit payment and a signed application for the new policy. Immediately put the new certificate of insurance with the vehicle registration.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Best companies for affordable Audi A6 insurance in Tennessee
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Tennessee. In order to find cheap car insurance in Tennessee, we recommend you compare several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Data for Audi A6 insurance
The rate information displayed below highlights detailed analysis of insurance rates for Audi A6 models. Having a better idea how insurance policy premiums are determined can be of help when making smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A6 3.2 Premium 4-Dr Sedan||$314||$634||$298||$18||$90||$1,354||$113|
|A6 3.2 Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$314||$634||$298||$18||$90||$1,354||$113|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Premium 4-Dr Sedan||$314||$634||$298||$18||$90||$1,354||$113|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$314||$634||$298||$18||$90||$1,354||$113|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Premium Station Wagon||$314||$634||$252||$14||$76||$1,290||$108|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Premium Plus Station Wagon||$314||$634||$252||$14||$76||$1,290||$108|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Prestige 4-Dr Sedan||$314||$634||$298||$18||$90||$1,354||$113|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Prestige Station Wagon||$314||$634||$252||$14||$76||$1,290||$108|
|A6 4.2 Quattro Prestige 8Cyl 4-Dr Sedan||$342||$708||$298||$18||$90||$1,456||$121|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can impact premiums substantially.
The diagram below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact Audi A6 insurance rates for each age group. The premiums are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The example below illustrates the difference between Audi A6 annual premium costs with and without full coverage. The premiums assume no claims, a clean driving record, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no definitive rule to delete full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s say your Audi A6 book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $5,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it’s costing you more than $500 annually to have full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some cases where dropping full coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
How do Insurance Companies Determine Audi A6 Insurance Prices?
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that aid in calculating the price you pay for insurance. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you big savings. Lots of things are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but some are less obvious such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
- Being married can save you money – Your spouse can get you a discount compared to being single. It translates into being less irresponsible and statistics show drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Your credit rating is important – A driver’s credit history can be a huge factor in calculating your insurance rates. Therefore, if your credit history is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your Audi A6 by improving your rating. Drivers who have very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than drivers who have poor credit.
Performance influences costs – The type of car, truck or SUV you are insuring makes a big difference in the rate you pay. Smaller low performance passenger models receive the most favorable rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The next chart uses these assumptions: married female driver age 50, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Audi A6 insurance premiums compared to other models of vehicles that have a range of risk factors.
Careless driving leads to higher rates – Being a careful driver influences premium rates substantially. Getting just one driving citation can bump up the cost by twenty percent. Good drivers get better prices as compared to careless drivers. Drivers with multiple citations like DUI or willful reckless driving may need to maintain a SR-22 with their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
The information below illustrates how violations and at-fault fender-benders can increase Audi A6 car insurance costs for each age group. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Audi A6 insurance loss statistics – Car insurance companies analyze past claim statistics as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that are shown to have higher losses will cost more to insure.
The table below outlines the loss history for Audi A6 vehicles. For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is represented as 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values over 100 point to more claims or statistically larger claims.
Audi A6 Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi A6 4dr 2WD 146 112 134 Audi A6 4dr 4WD 153 70 155 53 55 59BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
These discounts can lower your auto insurance quotes
Some providers don’t always advertise every discount available very well, so we researched both the well known and the harder-to-find credits that may apply to you.
- Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment instead of making monthly payments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Good Student – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Organization Discounts – Having an affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up may be able to save a few bucks off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Drivers Education – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver’s education class if it’s offered in school.
- Employee of Federal Government – Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with some auto insurance companies.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers without accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers can get lower premium rates.
You should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride. But all discounts will help reduce your overall bill.
The illustration below shows the difference between Audi A6 insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The data assumes a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Tennessee state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Large auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are included below.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, homeowner, anti-theft, and multi-car.
- American Family offers discounts including Steer into Savings, defensive driver, mySafetyValet, accident-free, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife may offer discounts for multi-policy, claim-free, good driver, defensive driver, and good student.
- GEICO has savings for emergency military deployment, driver training, five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, air bags, and federal employee.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include defensive driver, air bag, bundle, vehicle fuel type, and driver training.
Check with each insurance company how you can save money. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Memphis, click here.
Independent versus exclusive car insurance agents
Many drivers still like to talk to a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the benefits of comparing auto insurance online is that you can obtain the lowest rates and also buy local.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Memphis that provide free Memphis car insurance quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. It’s the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurer requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- What company do they have the most business with?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Tennessee?
When searching for a reliable agent, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agencies are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Some consumers prefer to use the same agent partially due to the brand name rather than having low rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Memphis willing to provide price quotes.
- Barry Sanders – State Farm Insurance Agent
6060 Quince Rd – Memphis, TN 38119 – (901) 767-2001 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Willie E. Martin
3315 Kirby Pkwy – Memphis, TN 38115 – (901) 365-2008 – View Map
- Rickey Jeans – State Farm Insurance Agent
4285 Elvis Presley Blvd – Memphis, TN 38116 – (901) 346-0300 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not limited to a single company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different auto insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, an independent agent can move your coverage which makes it simple for you. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you need to get rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options. Many can place coverage with less well-known companies which can be an advantage.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Memphis who can help you get price quote information.
- Nationwide Insurance: Tri-State Insurance Agency Inc
5545 Murray Ave Ste 107 – Memphis, TN 38119 – (901) 767-3379 – View Map
- Oseman Insurance Agency
6750 Poplar Ave #410 – Memphis, TN 38138 – (901) 562-0151 – View Map
- Lipscomb and Pitts Insurance LLC
2670 Union Ave – Memphis, TN 38112 – (901) 321-1000 – View Map
Compare rates regularly to save
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to reduce Audi A6 insurance premium rates online in Memphis. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates come from a small local company.
The cheapest Audi A6 insurance in Memphis can be found from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Memphis agents, so get free Memphis car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not have rates over the internet and many times these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Insureds who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, delays in responding to claim requests, being labeled a high risk driver and even unfair underwriting practices. No matter why you want to switch, switching car insurance companies can be easier than you think.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Memphis, TN? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Used Cars in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Memphis Auto Insurance for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Memphis Auto Insurance for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)