It’s a fact that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Consumers who compare other rates are very likely to buy a different policy because there is a good chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent survey found that people who compared prices once a year saved approximately $860 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the lowest rates on Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Memphis is your objective, then understanding how to find companies and compare car insurance can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
If you want to save money, the best way to get affordable auto insurance rates in Memphis is to compare quotes annually from providers who provide auto insurance in Tennessee. You can shop around by following these steps.
Step 1: Spend some time learning about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like getting speeding tickets and an imperfect credit score can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies. Begin your rate comparison
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit the completed application along with a down payment for your new policy. As soon as you receive it, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork in your glove compartment.
A valuable tip to remember is that you use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get rates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This guarantees a fair price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Memphis
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you can get discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be asked about before they will apply.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars with ABS and/or traction control can avoid accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save up to 30% since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Distant Student Discount – Any of your kids who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could get you a discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance too.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any amount of discount should help reduce your insurance premiums.
Larger insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are included below.
- GEICO offers discounts for anti-theft, multi-policy, membership and employees, good student, daytime running lights, federal employee, and military active duty.
- MetLife discounts include accident-free, defensive driver, multi-policy, good driver, and claim-free.
- State Farm may offer discounts for good driver, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, multiple policy, and good student.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for professional/association, accident-free, location of vehicle, multi-car, anti-theft, and annual mileage.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include student driver, anti-lock brakes, teen driver, good student, early bird, theft prevention, and air bags.
- Allstate has discounts for 55 and retired, good student, resident student, multi-policy, and teenSMART discount.
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company to give you their best rates. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in Memphis. If you would like to choose from a list of companies with the best discounts in Tennessee, click here to view.
Finding a better price on car insurance is actually easier than you may think. You just have to invest a few minutes comparing rate quotes provided by online insurance companies.
The companies in the list below offer quotes in Memphis, TN. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Memphis, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
You may need help from an insurance agent
Many drivers would rather talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Licensed agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheaper premium rates and still buy from a local agent. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Memphis.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents in Memphis who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Car insurance agents in Memphis come in two varieties
If you’re trying to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Memphis agents are considered either independent or exclusive. Both write insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage because it can factor into the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel are not restricted to one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier which makes it simple for you.
When shopping rates, you should always get rate quotes from a few independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. They often place coverage with mutual insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Below is a small list of independent agencies in Memphis who can help you get free price quotes.
- C R Everhart Insurance Agency
5986 Knight Arnold Rd – Memphis, TN 38115 – (901) 362-0545 – View Map
- First Reliable Insurance Agency
5495 Winchester Rd Suite 3 – Memphis, TN 38115 – (901) 362-6052 – View Map
- Sneed Insurance
6645 Stage Rd #200 – Memphis, TN 38134 – (901) 372-4580 – View Map
Agents of this type are contracted to one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Drivers often use the same agent primarily because of the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Memphis who can help you get rate quotes.
- Kevin White – State Farm Insurance Agent
2861 Poplar Ave – Memphis, TN 38111 – (901) 652-8484 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Josh Roman
579 S Perkins Rd – Memphis, TN 38117 – (901) 683-8600 – View Map
- Ruby Williams – State Farm Insurance Agent
3624 Austin Peay Hwy #5 – Memphis, TN 38128 – (901) 388-0000 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agency requires you to look at more than just the price. A good agent in Memphis will have answers to these questions.
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Memphis?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
How to find a good Memphis auto insurance company
Buying coverage from the highest-rated car insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many different companies sell coverage in Memphis. The company information listed below may help you select which car insurance providers you want to consider purchasing from.
Top 10 Memphis Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Cheap rates are available
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, extreme rates for teen drivers, high rates after DUI convictions or not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason, finding a new auto insurance company can be pretty painless.
When searching for cheaper Memphis auto insurance quotes, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where an insured cut full coverage only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
You just learned many ways to save on Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Memphis. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Memphis auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from an unexpected company.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Memphis, TN? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenagers in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Handicapped Drivers in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Memphis Auto Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- How Much is Memphis Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenage Females in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)