Regrettably, most insurance policyholders renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and almost half have never shopped around. Many consumers in Tennessee could save 35% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t want to spend time to compare other rate quotes.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get affordable Lexus RC 300 insurance in Memphis is to do an annual price comparison from companies who sell insurance in Tennessee. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- First, get a basic knowledge of how auto insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that increase rates like careless driving and a less-than-favorable credit history can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate in Memphis. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new company. When you receive it, place the new proof of insurance paperwork in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is that you use similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables an accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Many insurance companies allow you to get coverage prices on their websites. Getting Lexus RC 300 insurance prices online is very simple as you just enter your coverage information into the form. Once entered, the company’s rating system orders your credit score and driving record and returns pricing information based on the information you submitted.
The ability to get online price quotes for Lexus RC 300 insurance in Memphis streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s also necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find lower-cost prices.
To compare pricing, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you complete the form with the coverage information as shown on your current policy. This ensures you’re receiving rate quotes for exact coverage.
The following companies provide comparison quotes in Tennessee. To buy the best auto insurance in TN, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the most competitive price.
Memphis insurance discounts
Companies don’t always publicize every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find a few of the more common and also the lesser-known insurance savings.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags may get savings of more than 20%.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy can save you some money because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies with one company they may give you a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Lexus could qualify for lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your insurance provider.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Popular insurance companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for alternative fuel, teen driver, distant student, business and professional, switch companies, good student, and mature driver.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, emergency road assistance, anti-theft, paid-in-full, multi-car, and renters.
- State Farm discounts include anti-theft, student away at school, passive restraint, good student, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO has savings for membership and employees, defensive driver, military active duty, air bags, seat belt use, and driver training.
- Allstate may have discounts that include premier discount, multi-policy, defensive driver, economy car, farm vehicle, and EZ pay plan discount.
Before buying, ask every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in your area. If you would like to view insurers who offer free Lexus RC 300 insurance quotes in Tennessee, click here.
Local Memphis insurance agents
A small number of people still like to buy from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A good thing about comparing insurance online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the quote information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents that can provide free Memphis auto insurance quotes for your business. You never need to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. It’s the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an insurance company requires more thought than just a cheap price. Any agent in Memphis should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
Shown below is a short list of insurance companies in Memphis that may be willing to give price quote information for Lexus RC 300 insurance in Memphis.
- Oseman Insurance Agency
6750 Poplar Ave #410 – Memphis, TN 38138 – (901) 562-0151 – View Map
- Henry Hooper II – State Farm Insurance Agent
348 S Main St – Memphis, TN 38103 – (901) 575-0001 – View Map
- State Farm: Warren Hodges
5170 Sanderlin Ave #204 – Memphis, TN 38117 – (901) 767-2000 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Clarence Mosley Jr
4132 Elvis Presley Blvd – Memphis, TN 38116 – (901) 346-2550 – View Map
You Can Change Your Insurance Rates
Lots of things are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but some are more obscure like where you live or your vehicle rating. Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that help determine your premiums. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that can help you get lower premium levels.
The items below are a partial list of the pieces auto insurance companies consider when setting prices.
- What’s your car’s IIHS safety rating? – Safer cars tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety protect occupants better and lower rates of occupant injuries means less claims paid which can result in lower premiums. If your Lexus RC 300 is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may qualify for a discount.
- Consolidate and save – Most larger insurers will award better rates for people who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be 10 percent or more. Even if you already get this discount, you may still want to shop around to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Experienced drivers save more – Teenage drivers in Tennessee are statistically shown to be inattentive with other occupants in the car so auto insurance rates are higher. If you’ve ever had to add a young driver onto your auto insurance can really hurt. More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- Save money with excellent credit – Credit history can be an important factor in your rate calculation. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have bad credit. So if your credit rating is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your Lexus RC 300 if you improve your credit rating.
- More traffic means higher claims – Having an address in areas with lower population can be a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. People who live in big cities have more auto accidents and more time behind the wheel. More time on the road means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Keep insurance claims to a minimum – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in Tennessee award cheaper rates to drivers who are claim-free. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
Auto insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Memphis, paying for auto insurance is required by state law in Tennessee and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your RC 300, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Lexus at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $750 every year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Best auto insurance in Memphis
Ending up with the highest-rated auto insurance company can be difficult considering how many different companies sell coverage in Tennessee. The ranking information displayed below could help you decide which insurers you want to consider buying from.
Top 10 Memphis Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Top 10 Memphis Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Erie Insurance – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- The Hartford – A+
You just read many tips how you can save on Lexus RC 300 insurance in Memphis. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting low cost Memphis auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best prices are with the least-expected company.
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high prices, high rates after DUI convictions or even questionable increases in premium. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is less work than it seems.
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage and learned later that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Memphis Car Insurance for a Kia Optima? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Memphis Car Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tacoma in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)