Astonishing but true according to a recent study, most insurance buyers in Tennessee have bought insurance from the same company for four years or more, and almost half have never compared quotes from other companies. Consumers in the U.S. could save an average of approximately 46.5% each year just by comparing rates, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare rates online.
To save the most money, the best way to find cheaper quotes for car insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from insurers who sell insurance in Memphis.
- It will benefit you to learn about how car insurance works and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many things that increase rates like inattentive driving and a not-so-good credit score can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Give notification to your agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application for the new coverage. As soon as you can, put the new proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A good tip to remember is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. Doing this provides a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
If you already have coverage or need new coverage, follow these tips to save money and still have adequate protection. Finding the cheapest coverage in Memphis can initially seem challenging. Consumers just have to understand the least time-consuming way to shop their coverage around over the internet.
Reducing your Lexus RC 200t insurance rates can be relatively painless. Just take a couple of minutes comparing rate quotes from some recommended companies.
It’s so fast and easy to compare rate quotes online that it takes the place of having to actually drive to each insurance agency near you. Quoting Lexus RC 200t insurance online eliminates this option unless you prefer the professional abilities that you can only get from talking to an agent. Although you can obtain prices from the web and get advice from an agent in your area.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Tennessee. In order to find the best auto insurance in Memphis, we suggest you visit several of them to get the most competitive price.
Why you need Lexus vehicle insurance in Tennessee
Even though Memphis RC 200t insurance rates can get expensive, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your RC 200t has a lienholder, almost every bank will stipulate that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Lexus at a more expensive rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves your vehicle and your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Lexus gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying auto insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying over $830 a year so compare rate quotes every year to ensure rates are inline.
Determine discounts to get cheap Memphis car insurance quotes
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there could be significant discounts that can help lower your rates. Most are applied at the time of quoting, but a few must be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Good Driver Discounts – Accident-free drivers may receive a discount up to 45% compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- No Charge for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some insurance companies will let one accident slide without getting socked with a rate hike with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a set time period.
- Student Driver Training – Require your teen driver to enroll in driver’s education in high school.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for all your vehicles with the same car insurance company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Telematics Devices – Policyholders that allow driving data submission to monitor where and when they drive by using a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might see lower rates if they show good driving skills.
- Multi-line Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
Remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will lower your policy cost.
Larger car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple policy.
- American Family offers discounts for Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, accident-free, good student, early bird, and good driver.
- GEICO has savings for federal employee, anti-lock brakes, air bags, multi-policy, and seat belt use.
- 21st Century discounts include driver training, automatic seat belts, early bird, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, student driver, and good student.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-policy, good student, online signing, homeowner, and online quote discount.
When comparing rates, check with each company which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in Memphis. To choose companies with discount rates in Memphis, click here to view.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When quoting and comparing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions might point out if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.