It’s hard to believe, but the vast majority of consumers kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. U.S. drivers could save an average of nearly $859 each year by just shopping around, but they don’t know the large savings they would see if they replace their high priced policy.
Really, the only way to quote cheaper Lexus GS F insurance in Memphis is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Tennessee. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Take a little time to learn about how your policy works and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a substandard credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from many different companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for your new policy. Once received, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance with the vehicle registration.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Five Things That Impact Your Insurance Costs
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of the rating factors that help determine your car insurance rates. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you lower rates.
Shown below are some of the items used by companies to determine prices.
Premiums drop with age – Older people tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable. Teen drivers tend to be less responsible when behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates.
File insurance claims and pay more – Auto insurance companies in Tennessee award lower rates to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect higher rates. Auto insurance is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Only buy coverage you need – There are a lot of extra add-on coverages that can add up on your GS F policy. Coverage for things like rental car reimbursement, death and dismemberment, and extra life insurance coverage could be just wasting money. They may sound like good ideas when buying your policy, but if you have no use for them get rid of them and save.
Costs can change based on your address – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas can save you money when it comes to car insurance. Lower population translates into fewer accident claims and a lower car theft rate. Drivers in populated Tennessee areas tend to have more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. Higher commute times means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
Drive a fast vehicle and pay more – The make and model of the car you are insuring makes a big difference in your rates. Small economy passenger models usually have the lowest premiums, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Discounts for affordable insurance quotes
Some insurance providers don’t always list the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on insurance. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application online.
- Smart Student Discounts – Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a course in driver safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Government Employee Discount – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote Memphis car insurance with certain companies.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance on a new GS F may earn a small discount due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies offer discounts for buying a new policy early. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Own a Home and Save – Being a homeowner can save you money because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Some of the larger companies that may offer policyholders many of the previously listed discounts are:
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent to give you their best rates. Some discounts might not apply in Memphis.
Find affordable car insurance rates by comparing often
As you quote Memphis car insurance, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Drivers switch companies for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, not issuing a premium refund, denial of a claim and extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company is actually quite simple.
The cheapest Lexus GS F insurance in Memphis is definitely available online as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online quoting and these small, regional companies work with local independent agencies.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Immigrants in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Memphis Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Memphis Auto Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback in Memphis? (FAQ)
- How Much is Memphis Car Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)