If you want to save money, the best way to get low-cost Kia Amanti insurance in Memphis is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies in Tennessee.
- Get an understanding of auto insurance and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like speeding and a substandard credit history can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely. Read the full article for instructions to help reduce prices and get additional discounts.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple sources. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application for your new policy. As soon as you have the new policy, place your new proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The critical component of shopping around is to make sure you enter the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many carriers as you can. This provides the most accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
Astonishing but true, 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for over three years, and 38% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. Memphis drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to save money by comparing rate quotes.
If you have a current car insurance policy or are looking for a new policy, take advantage of these tips to cut your premiums without having to cut coverage. The purpose of this post is to instruct you on how to compare rates easily. Consumers only need an understanding of how to buy car insurance using one simple form.
Shop Kia Amanti insurance online
Finding cheaper Kia Amanti insurance quotes doesn’t have to be difficult. Drivers just need to take the time getting comparison quotes online with multiple companies.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Memphis, TN. To buy cheap car insurance in Memphis, TN, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Protect your Amanti and other assets
Despite the high cost, paying for auto insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, almost every bank will require you to buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Kia at a more expensive rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. As of last year, the average driver in Tennessee overpays more than $800 each year so it’s important to compare rates at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
How You Can Control Kia Amanti Insurance Rates
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that help determine the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with big savings. Many different elements are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but other factors are more transparent like where you live or your commute time.
- Your address can push rates up or down – Being located in less populated areas of the country may provide you with better prices when trying to find low car insurance rates. Lower population corresponds to lower accident rates. People who live in big cities regularly have much more traffic and a longer drive to work. Longer commute distances means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Stress out and pay more – Jobs such as military personnel, airline pilots, and stock brokers generally have higher rates than average due to high stress levels and lots of time spent away from family. Other jobs such as professors, engineers and retirees have the lowest average rates.
- High coverage deductibles equal low rates – Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some coverage claims are a broken windshield, hitting a deer, or theft. The deductibles define how much the insured will be required to pay if the claim is covered. The higher the amount the insured is willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Don’t abuse policy claims – If you tend to file frequent claims, don’t be surprised to see much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in Tennessee give better rates to insureds who only file infrequent claims. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
- Safety ratings are a factor – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates. If your Kia has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you may qualify for a discount.
- Save money by having multiple policies – Most larger companies provide discounts to buyers who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, consumers should still compare other Memphis Amanti insurance rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Liability coverage limits are a factor – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the protection if you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. This coverage provides for a legal defense to defend your case. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
Slash rates with these rate reducing discounts
Companies don’t list every discount very clearly, so here is a list some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Good Driver Discounts – Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Memphis car insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you could save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Sign Online – A few larger online companies provide a small discount for signing up on the internet.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can save substantially as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to analyze when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some companies provide a discount for renewing your policy prior to your current Amanti insurance policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Smart Student Discounts – Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Multi-line Discount – Not all auto insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy life insurance.
Discounts lower rates, but most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A list of companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- 21st Century offers discounts for 55 and older, student driver, driver training, defensive driver, automatic seat belts, and theft prevention.
- Progressive discounts include online signing, good student, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- State Farm may offer discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, student away at school, and passive restraint.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including business or organization, accident-free, multi-policy, family plan, defensive driving, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Esurance includes discounts for Pac-12 alumni, multi-policy, renters, safety device, and Switch & Save.
- The Hartford offers discounts including defensive driver, anti-theft, driver training, vehicle fuel type, good student, air bag, and bundle.
If you are trying to find affordable Memphis car insurance quotes, ask all the companies how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in Memphis. To see a list of providers who offer cheap Kia Amanti insurance quotes in Tennessee, click this link.
Auto insurance agents near you
Certain consumers would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Most agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find better rates and also buy local.
Upon completion of this simple form, the quote information is emailed to participating agents in Memphis who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered to you. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right company requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Where would glass claims be handled in Memphis?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Memphis?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Tennessee?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- How long have they been in business?
Shown below are Memphis insurance companies who can help you get rate quotes for Kia Amanti insurance in Memphis.
- BURFORD INSURANCE AGENCY
3325 KIRBY PKWY STE 102 – Memphis, TN 38115 – (901) 507-6873 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Kevin Howard
1440 E Shelby Dr Ste 2 – Memphis, TN 38116 – (901) 767-0030 – View Map
- Boyle Insurance Agency, Inc.
5900 Poplar Ave – Memphis, TN 38119 – (901) 766-0200 – View Map
- Bill Blake Auto Insurance
5724 Mt Moriah Rd – Memphis, TN 38115 – (901) 432-5551 – View Map
Be persistent and save
As you shop your coverage around, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to regret that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Some car insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers work with independent agents. Low-cost Kia Amanti insurance in Memphis is available both online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture.
Consumers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, high rates after DUI convictions, policy non-renewal and delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new car insurance company is less work than it seems.
Much more information about car insurance in Tennessee is located on the following sites:
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Who Has the Cheapest Memphis Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Memphis Car Insurance Quotes for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)