It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find better pricing on Jaguar S-Type insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from insurers in Memphis.
- First, gain an understanding of how your policy works and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many factors that result in higher rates like accidents, traffic violations, and a low credit score can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a completed policy application and payment for your new policy. Be sure to keep the new certificate of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
One tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to compare all possible companies. Doing this ensures a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
Sad but true, the vast majority of consumers have bought insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never compared rate quotes at all. American insurance shoppers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t believe how much money they would save if they bought a different policy.
This article’s goal is to instruct you on how auto insurance companies operate and some tips to save money. If you have a current car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to buy cheaper car insurance using these techniques. Consumers just need to know how to compare insurance rates using one simple form.
Lower Your Memphis Insurance Costs
Lots of things are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, although some other factors are less apparent such as whether you are married or your commute time. Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that aid in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. If you know what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that could result in lower car insurance prices.
- Pay more out-of-pocket – Physical damage coverage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your Jaguar from damage. Some examples of covered claims would be a broken windshield, hail damage, and windstorm damage. The deductibles you choose are how much you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
- Prices and employer – Occupations like fire fighters, air traffic controllers, and miners have higher premium rates due to stressful work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, professions such as farmers, engineers and retirees pay lower than average rates.
- Big city or small town – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas may provide you with better prices when shopping for auto insurance. People who live in big cities have more aggressive driving styles and more time behind the wheel. Fewer drivers on the road corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to lower liability claims.
- Know your credit rating – Credit score will be a significant factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Consumers who have excellent credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with lower credit ratings. If your credit can use some improvement, you may save money insuring your Jaguar S-Type by improving your credit score.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some discounts will apply at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied before you get the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Distant Student – Children living away from Memphis attending college without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Passing a defensive driving course is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Employee of Federal Government – Federal government employees could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Telematics Data – People who choose to allow driving data submission to spy on their driving habits by using a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may get a rate reduction if they show good driving skills.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your auto and home insurance with one company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- Own a Home – Owning a home in Memphis may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
We need to note that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
Companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA may include discounts for multi-car, multi-policy, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, good driver, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for youthful driver, multi-car, mature driver, homeowner, business and professional, pay in full, and electronic funds transfer.
- GEICO offers discounts for membership and employees, daytime running lights, anti-theft, defensive driver, and emergency military deployment.
- Esurance discounts include homeowner, paid-in-full, renters, multi-car, safety device, and good student.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for teen safe driver, drive less, anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, and safe driver.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for defensive driving training, student away at school, multiple policy, good student, passive restraint, and accident-free.
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not be available in your state. If you would like to see a list of providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Tennessee, click here to view.
More quotes mean more auto insurance savings
The cheapest Jaguar S-Type insurance in Memphis can be bought on the web as well as from independent agents in Memphis, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agents.
When searching for cheaper Memphis auto insurance quotes, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
To read more, link through to the articles below:
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Memphis Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Memphis Auto Insurance for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)