It’s an obvious statement that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Drivers who shop rates annually will most likely buy a new policy because there is a significant possibility of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent insurance study discovered that consumers who compared prices once a year saved as much as $3,450 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding budget-friendly auto insurance in Memphis is your objective, then having an understanding of the best way to compare auto insurance can save money and time.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get budget Mazda MPV insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers in Memphis.
First, read about policy coverages and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like accidents, careless driving, and a bad credit score can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices from many different companies.
Third, compare the new rates to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
The key thing to remember is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different companies as possible. This guarantees a level playing field and the best price selection.
Our goal is to instruct you on how car insurance quotes work and also pocket some savings If you’re already insured, you will definitely be able to reduce premiums using the ideas you’re about to read. You just have to know the quickest method to shop their coverage around online from multiple companies.
Many insurance companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO make it easy to get prices for coverage directly from their websites. The process is pretty painless as you simply type in your coverage preferences on the page. Upon sending the form, the company’s rating system gets information on your driving record and credit history and generates pricing information.
Quoting online for Mazda MPV insurance in Memphis makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is imperative to have as many quotes as possible if you want to get the cheapest price.
To save time and use this form to compare rates, compare rates from the companies below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you input deductibles and limits identical to your current policy. Doing this assures you will be getting rate quotes based on identical coverages.
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Memphis, TN. If you want the best auto insurance in Memphis, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get the most affordable price.
Auto insurance rates and discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list every discount available in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains both the well known as well as the least known credits available to you.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Memphis car insurance quote than their less cautious counterparts.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Memphis car insurance quote in comparison to drivers with a long claim history.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance on a new MPV can cost up to 25% less since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Paper-free Discount – Some of the larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks shop Memphis car insurance over the internet.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of more than 20%.
Policy discounts save money, but most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
To locate companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Tennessee, click this link.
Smart Buyers Can Lower Their Insurance Prices
It’s important that you understand the factors that are used to determine the price you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to lower premium levels.
- Driving citations cost more than a fine – Your driving record influences premium rates substantially. Only having one driving citation could increase your next policy renewal to the point where it’s not affordable. Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who have gotten severe citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Older drivers pay less – Older people have been proven to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets. Inexperience drivers are statistically proven to be easily distracted in a vehicle so they pay higher insurance rates.
- Which gender costs less? – Statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. It does not mean females are better drivers. Both sexes are in accidents at about the same rate, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to receive more costly citations like driving under the influence (DUI). Male drivers age 16 to 19 are the most expensive to insure and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Less chance of injury means lower insurance rates – Safer cars cost less to insure. Safe vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts which can result in lower premiums. If the Mazda MPV is rated at a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may be receiving a better rate.
- Costs and your address – Being located in less populated areas is a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. Urban drivers have to deal with much more traffic and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accident claims and lower theft and vandalism rates.
Don’t I need to contact a local insurance agent?
Some people prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision Professional agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find the best rates but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting local insurance agencies is especially important in Memphis.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your coverage. You won’t need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent immediately to you. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Insurance agent types
If you need to find a local agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Memphis agents are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types can write car insurance policies, but it’s important to know how they differ since it may influence the selection process.
Agents that choose to be independent can sell policies from many different companies so they can write business with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part.
When comparison shopping, it’s a good idea to compare prices from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison. Most have the option of insuring with smaller mutual companies that many times have cheaper rates.
The following are Memphis independent agencies that can give you rate quotes.
- First Reliable Insurance Agency
5495 Winchester Rd Suite 3 – Memphis, TN 38115 – (901) 362-6052 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Daysha J Palacio-Miller
1850 Poplar Crest Cove Ste 102 – Memphis, TN 38119 – (901) 762-8585 – View Map
- Smith-Berclair Insurance
855 Ridge Lake Blvd #400 – Memphis, TN 38120 – (901) 753-4323 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which can be an advantage. Some people will only buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the prominent brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Memphis that can give you comparison quotes.
- Dan Crawford – State Farm Insurance Agent
5705 Stage Rd #160 – Memphis, TN 38134 – (901) 372-4400 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Willie E. Martin
3315 Kirby Pkwy – Memphis, TN 38115 – (901) 365-2008 – View Map
- Sylvia Walker – State Farm Insurance Agent
2900 Kirby Pkwy Ste 2 – Memphis, TN 38119 – (901) 794-8848 – View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. These are valid questions to ask:
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
Smart consumers save more
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to get a better price on Mazda MPV insurance in Memphis. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance comes from an unexpected company.
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, policy non-renewal, extreme rates for teen drivers and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Whatever your reason, switching companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
The cheapest Mazda MPV insurance in Memphis is attainable on the web and also from your neighborhood Memphis agents, so get free Memphis car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not provide online quoting and many times these smaller providers work with local independent agents.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Memphis? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for High School Students in Memphis? (FAQ)
- How Much is Memphis Car Insurance for a Kia Optima? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenage Females in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)