Dodge Durango insurance rates image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
If you want to save money, the best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates is to regularly compare quotes from insurers in Memphis. This can be done by following these steps.
- First, try to comprehend the coverage provided by your policy and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as distracted driving and poor credit rating can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article provides instructions to help keep rates affordable and earn a bigger discount.
- Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you enter the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
We don't have to point out that fact that insurance companies don't want policyholders to shop around. Insureds who shop around will presumably move their business because there is a great chance of finding a lower rate. A study showed that drivers who compared rates once a year saved approximately $70 a month compared to policyholders who didn't regularly shop around.
If saving the most money on car insurance in Memphis is why you're reading this, then knowing how to shop and compare coverage rates can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
If you have insurance now or need a new policy, use these money-saving tips to lower your rates and still have adequate protection. Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Memphis is easy if you know what you're doing. Smart shoppers just have to understand how to shop for auto insurance from multiple carriers.
Why Informed Drivers Pay Less for Dodge Durango Insurance
Many things are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are more transparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven. The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you lower premium levels.
How old are your drivers? - Older, more experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable. Inexperience drivers are statistically proven to be inattentive and easily distracted in a vehicle so they pay higher car insurance rates.
Is you occupation costing you more? - Occupations like lawyers, police officers, and dentists generally have higher average rates because of intense work requirements and lengthy work days. Conversely, jobs like actors, students and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
Protect yourself with liability protection - Liability coverage will afford coverage when you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. This coverage is relatively inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Only buy coverage you need - There are many optional add-on coverages that can add up on your Durango policy. Coverages like coverage for rental cars, high-cost glass coverage, and membership fees are probably not needed. These coverages may sound good initially, but if you don't need them remove them and pocket the money.
Commute or pleasure use - The higher the miles on your Dodge in a year's time the higher your rate. The majority of insurers price each vehicle's coverage based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time get more affordable rates than those that get driven frequently. Improper usage on your Durango is throwing money out the window. Make sure your car insurance coverage properly reflects the right rating data, because it can save money.
Dodge Durango statistical loss data - Insurers include the past claim trends for vehicles to calculate a price that offsets possible losses. Models that have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher rates. The information below illustrates the historical loss data for Dodge Durango vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is set at 100. Percentage numbers below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Dodge Durango 4dr 2WD||88||110||91||104||90||100|
|Dodge Durango 4dr 4WD||90||115||97||92||93||102|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
A conclusion for your car insurance search
There are still a few companies who may not have online price quotes and usually these small insurance companies sell through local independent agents. Cost effective Dodge Durango insurance is available online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it's a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where an insured cut physical damage coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
To read more, link through to the articles below:
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Memphis, TN? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Memphis Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Memphis Auto Insurance for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Lyft Drivers in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Memphis Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)