It’s an obvious statement that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Consumers who shop around for the cheapest price are likely to buy a new policy because the odds are good of finding good coverage at a lower price. A study showed that consumers who regularly shopped around saved on average $850 each year compared to people who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding discount rates on Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Memphis is the reason you’re reading this, then understanding how to quote and compare car insurance can save time and money.
The preferred way to save money on Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Memphis is to compare prices at least once a year from different companies in Tennessee. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- Try to learn a little about how auto insurance works and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many factors that drive up the price like traffic citations, accidents, and a low credit score can be amended by paying attention to minor details. Read the full article for more information to help prevent high rates and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as you can. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
If you have coverage now or just want a better rate, follow these tips to save money without reducing coverage. The goal of this article is to teach you a little about the most effective way to quote insurance and how you can save the most money. Shoppers just need to know the most effective way to get comparison quotes from many companies at once.
Where can I get the cheapest Memphis Ford C-Max Energi insurance?
Cutting your Memphis car insurance rates isn’t really that difficult. Drivers just need to spend a few minutes comparing rate quotes to see which company has low cost Memphis car insurance quotes.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Tennessee. To get cheap auto insurance in Memphis, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need insurance for your vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a Ford C-Max Energi in Memphis, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your C-Max Energi has a lienholder, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at a much higher rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also cover many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates every year to save money.
Cheaper Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Memphis
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may find discounts that can help lower your rates. Many discounts should be triggered when you complete an application, but some must be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Memberships – Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your next auto insurance statement.
- Military Rewards – Having an actively deployed family member can result in better prices.
- Driving Data Discount – People who choose to allow data collection to study where and when they drive by using a telematic data system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may get a rate reduction if they are good drivers.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
To view insurers who offer discounts in Memphis, click this link.
Compare rates but buy from a local neighborhood Memphis car insurance agent
Many people would prefer to go talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Most agents can help you build your policy and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is you may find lower rates and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the quote information is submitted to local insurance agents in Memphis that provide free Memphis car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. If you have a need to compare prices for a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best provider should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Memphis should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
Types of auto insurance agents in Memphis
If you would like to find a local insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Agencies in Memphis are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can sell affordable insurance policies, but we need to point out the differences because it may have an impact on buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can usually just insure with one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are highly trained in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents primarily because of loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Memphis who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Rickey Jeans – State Farm Insurance Agent
4285 Elvis Presley Blvd – Memphis, TN 38116 – (901) 346-0300 – View Map
- Parker Rhett – State Farm Insurance Agent
4515 Poplar Ave #416 – Memphis, TN 38117 – (901) 680-7400 – View Map
- Barry Sanders – State Farm Insurance Agent
6060 Quince Rd – Memphis, TN 38119 – (901) 767-2001 – View Map
Independent agencies are not restricted to one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. If you want to switch companies, they can switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you.
When comparing insurance prices, it’s a good idea to include rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection. Most have the option of insuring with small regional insurance companies that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Memphis who can help you get price quotes.
- First Reliable Insurance Agency
5495 Winchester Rd Suite 3 – Memphis, TN 38115 – (901) 362-6052 – View Map
- Clay and Land Insurance, Inc.
866 Ridgeway Loop Rd #200 – Memphis, TN 38120 – (901) 767-3600 – View Map
- Peterson Insurance Services, Inc.
8046 N Brother Blvd #101 – Memphis, TN 38133 – (901) 386-4777 – View Map
Insurance is unique, just like you
When selecting the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your insurance should be unique as well.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Is my Ford C-Max Energi covered for flood damage?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Specific coverage details
Having a good grasp of insurance aids in choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find typical coverage types offered by insurance companies.
Comprehensive coverage – Comprehensive insurance covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as hitting a bird, damage from getting keyed, vandalism, a broken windshield and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for short-term medical expenses like X-ray expenses, nursing services and rehabilitation expenses. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Collision coverage – Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things like hitting a mailbox, crashing into a building, colliding with a tree and damaging your car on a curb. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible on your C-Max Energi in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Ford C-Max Energi.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (25/50/15), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Liability coverages – This coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people that is your fault. It protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see limits of 25/50/15 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $15,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims like loss of income, court costs and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy higher limits if possible. Tennessee requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/15 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why low liability limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Be persistent to save money
Some insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and these regional carriers sell through independent insurance agencies. Lower-priced Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Memphis is available both online and also from your neighborhood Memphis agents, so you need to compare both to have the best selection.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, an insured dropped full coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Memphis Car Insurance for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- How Much is Memphis Car Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)