We don’t have to point out that fact that insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Consumers who get comparison quotes once a year will most likely buy a new policy because they have good chances of finding lower prices. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who shopped around annually saved as much as $3,500 over four years compared to those who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the most affordable insurance in Memphis is your ultimate objective, then learning a little about how to shop and compare auto insurance can make shopping around easier.
To save the most money, the best way to get budget car insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from providers in Memphis. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about how your policy works and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like speeding tickets, accidents and a negative credit history can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article provides information to find cheap rates and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a signed application and payment to your new insurance company. As soon as coverage is bound, keep your new certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
An essential thing to point out is to try to use the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and to quote with as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
When shopping for Chevy Cruze insurance in Memphis there are multiple ways of comparing price quotes from different companies. The easiest way to compare Chevy Cruze insurance prices involves getting comparison quotes online.
Keep in mind that comparing a large number of companies increases your odds of finding the best rates. Not every company does online Memphis Cruze insurance quotes, so it’s necessary to compare prices from them, too.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Tennessee. To locate cheap car insurance in Memphis, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Discount Memphis car insurance quotes
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you may qualify for discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may be able to get lower premium rates.
- Online Discount – A few companies give back up to $50 get Memphis car insurance over the internet.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off with a few car insurance companies.
- Distant College Student Discount – Any of your kids who live away from home at college and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple cars with one company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Some companies who might offer these benefits are:
If you need lower rates, check with all the companies which discounts you qualify for. Discounts might not apply in your area. To locate insurance companies who offer cheap Chevy Cruze insurance quotes in Tennessee, follow this link.
You Can Change Your Insurance Rates
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that aid in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that could result in better auto insurance rates. Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, although others are less obvious such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
- Five star safety rating saves money – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Chevy Cruze is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may pay a lower rate.
- Gender matters – Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that females are better drivers. Females and males get in accidents at a similar rate, but guys cause more damage. Men also tend to receive more costly citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 cause the most accidents so it costs more to insure them.
- Increase coverage deductibles to save – The deductibles represent how much money the insured will be required to pay in the event of a claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called ‘full coverage’, insures against damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims could be rear-ending another vehicle, fire damage, and damage from wind. The more you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Your age impacts your premiums – Teen drivers in Tennessee have a tendency to get distracted easily with other occupants in the car so auto insurance rates are higher. Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets.
Insurance loss data for Chevy Cruze vehicles – Car insurance companies use data from past claims when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that tend to have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more for specific coverages. The table below outlines the compiled insurance loss statistics for Chevy Cruze vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Percentage numbers below 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more losses or tendency to have higher losses.
Chevrolet Cruze Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Cruze 96 132 87 136 153 152BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Memphis auto insurance agent
Some consumers still prefer to buy from a local agent. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Memphis that provide free Memphis car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. You can find lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, just jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best provider should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- How long have they been in business?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
Auto insurance companies ranked
Buying coverage from the right insurance company is difficult considering how many choices there are in Memphis. The ranking data shown next can help you pick which providers to look at purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Memphis Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- Erie Insurance
- The General
Top 10 Memphis Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Erie Insurance – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- The Hartford – A+
A conclusion for your auto insurance search
People change insurance companies for many reasons like policy non-renewal, poor customer service, delays in paying claims and not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company can be pretty painless.
The cheapest Chevy Cruze insurance in Memphis is attainable on the web in addition to many Memphis insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies don’t offer rates over the internet and most of the time these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
We just showed you a lot of information how to reduce Chevy Cruze insurance prices online in Memphis. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest prices are with a lesser-known regional company.
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Veterans in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Memphis Auto Insurance Quotes for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota Corolla in Memphis? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Memphis? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for College Graduates in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)