To save the most money, the best way to get discount auto insurance rates in Memphis is to do an annual price comparison from insurers who sell auto insurance in Tennessee. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Step 1: Try to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like multiple speeding tickets and an unacceptable credit history can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for many different companies. Find a Memphis insurance agent
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to look at every insurance company. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete rate analysis.
It’s hard to fathom, but the vast majority of drivers have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly the majority have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average car insurance premium being $1,400, Tennessee drivers could save themselves as much as $480 a year, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rates.
Insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains some of the more common and the more hidden ways to save on insurance.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Having more than one vehicle with one company qualifies for this discount.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Low Mileage – Low annual miles may enable drivers to earn substantially lower insurance rates.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy and insure them with the same company you will save up to 20% off your total V60 insurance premium.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies give discounts for switching policies before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- Anti-theft System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will positively reduce the cost of coverage.
For a list of insurance companies with the best discounts in Tennessee, click here.
Many insurance companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive allow you to get prices direct online. This process is very simple as you simply type in the coverages you want on the page. Upon sending the form, their rating system gets your credit score and driving record and generates pricing information determined by many factors.
Getting online rates for Volvo V60 insurance in Memphis makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s very important to do this if you want to get the most affordable insurance rates.
To find out how much you can save on insurance, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you complete the form with coverages and limits identical to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have rate comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Tennessee. If you wish to find cheaper auto insurance in TN, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
Neighborhood insurance agents
A lot of people prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A good thing about comparing insurance online is you can get lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your information is sent to participating agents in Memphis that provide free Memphis car insurance quotes to get your business. You won’t need to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered to your email. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, just visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on an insurer is decision based upon more than just the price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- How many years have they been established?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Memphis?
- How are claims handled?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
If you want a good Memphis insurance agent, there are a couple of types of agencies that you can choose from. Insurance agencies in Memphis can be categorized as either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are very knowledgeable on what they offer which aids in selling service over price. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the prominent brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Memphis willing to provide price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Kevin Howard
1440 E Shelby Dr Ste 2 – Memphis, TN 38116 – (901) 767-0030 – View Map
- State Farm: Warren Hodges
5170 Sanderlin Ave #204 – Memphis, TN 38117 – (901) 767-2000 – View Map
- Mike Fay – State Farm Insurance Agent
6263 Poplar Ave #535 – Memphis, TN 38119 – (901) 682-8700 – View Map
Agents that choose to be independent do not work for one specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. To move your coverage to a new company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing rates, we recommend you get insurance quotes from a few independent agents for the best price selection. Most independent agents also contract with smaller regional carriers who may have lower rates.
Shown below are independent agents in Memphis who can help you get rate quotes.
- Keltner Insurance Inc.
3232 S Perkins Rd – Memphis, TN 38118 – (901) 797-8665 – View Map
- AutoSave Insurance
2550 Poplar Ave – Memphis, TN 38112 – (901) 458-1630 – View Map
- Oseman Insurance Agency
6750 Poplar Ave #410 – Memphis, TN 38138 – (901) 562-0151 – View Map
Auto insurance company ratings
Choosing the highest-rated car insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many choices you have in Tennessee. The information in the next section could help you pick which insurers to look at shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Memphis Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Memphis Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Compare but don’t skimp
Budget-conscious Volvo V60 insurance is definitely available both online in addition to many Memphis insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online rate quotes and these smaller companies work with independent insurance agencies.
In this article, we covered many ways to reduce Volvo V60 insurance auto insurance rates online in Memphis. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from an unexpected company.
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including delays in paying claims, delays in responding to claim requests, lack of trust in their agent or even policy cancellation. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right car insurance provider is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Even more information can be found at these sites:
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Memphis Auto Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)