Inconceivable but true, a large majority of auto insurance policyholders in Tennessee have bought auto insurance from the same company for over three years, and nearly half have never compared rates with other companies. U.S. drivers could save $859 a year, but most just don’t grasp how much savings they would realize if they just switched companies.
The recommended way to save money on Toyota C-HR insurance is to compare prices annually from providers who sell auto insurance in Memphis.
Step 1: Try to comprehend how insurance works and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many things that drive up the price such as accidents, traffic violations, and poor credit history can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers. Start a quote
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on C-HR insurance in Memphis. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit payment and a completed application to your new insurance company. Once the application is submitted, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to remember is to make sure you enter similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Auto insurance companies don’t list every available discount very clearly, so the list below contains some of the more common as well as the least known ways to save on insurance.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off but check with your company.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings because it shows financial diligence.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like State Farm and Allstate allow you one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Forcing all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Professional Memberships – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates on your next insurance statement.
- Defensive Driving Course – Participating in a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and also improve your driving technique.
Don’t be shocked that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic. But any discount will help lower your premiums.
A few companies who may offer most of the discounts above include:
Double check with each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some credits may not apply in Memphis.
Getting a cheap price on Toyota C-HR insurance can be relatively painless. You just need to invest a few minutes comparing price quotes provided by online insurance companies.
Getting free rate quotes online is quite simple, and it takes the place of having to go to insurance agents’ offices. The internet reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you prefer the professional advice that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. You can, however, get the lowest quotes online but still have the advice of a local agent.
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Memphis, TN. If you want to find the cheapest auto insurance in Tennessee, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Local Memphis auto insurance agents
A small number of people prefer to have an agent’s advice and that can be a smart move Good agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. The best thing about comparing rates online is you can get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from neighborhood agents is important particularly in Memphis.
Upon completion of this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Memphis that can give you free Memphis car insurance quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent instantly to you. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive car insurance agents
If you want local Memphis agents, there are a couple of different types of agencies from which to choose. Auto insurance agencies can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can write auto insurance policies, but we need to point out the difference in how they write coverage because it can factor into the type of agent you choose.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are not restricted to one company and that gives them the ability to insure with a variety of different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing rates, you definitely need to compare quotes from independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Featured below is a short list of independent agents in Memphis that can give you price quote information.
6645 Stage Rd #200 – Memphis, TN 38134 – (901) 372-4580 – View Map
Fred L. Davis Insurance Agency – Car Insurance Agency
1374 Airways Blvd – Memphis, TN 38114 – (901) 323-6159 – View Map
Bill Blake Auto Insurance
5724 Mt Moriah Rd – Memphis, TN 38115 – (901) 432-5551 – View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel generally can only insure with one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are usually well trained on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Memphis that are able to give rate quotes.
Bobby Gorman – State Farm Insurance Agent
4947 William Arnold Rd – Memphis, TN 38117 – (901) 767-1361 – View Map
Deloris Burrow – State Farm Insurance Agent
3558 Hickory Hill Rd – Memphis, TN 38115 – (901) 373-8052 – View Map
Rickey Jeans – State Farm Insurance Agent
4285 Elvis Presley Blvd – Memphis, TN 38116 – (901) 346-0300 – View Map
Choosing a insurance agent should depend on more than just the price. Any agent in Memphis should be willing to answer these questions.
- Are they full-time agents?
- How are they compensated?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Memphis?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
What is the best car insurance company in Memphis?
Picking a good quality insurance provider can be challenging considering how many choices you have in Tennessee. The ranking information in the lists below can help you decide which auto insurance companies you want to consider buying from.
Top 10 Memphis Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Erie Insurance – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- The Hartford – A+
Top 10 Memphis Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- Erie Insurance
- The General
Do the work, save more money
As you quote Memphis car insurance, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cheaper Toyota C-HR insurance in Memphis can be purchased online and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote Memphis car insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies don’t offer rate quotes online and these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
Other learning opportunities
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Good Students in Memphis? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Retired Military in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)