It takes a little time, but the best way to find lower priced auto insurance rates in Memphis is to compare prices at least once a year from providers who sell insurance in Tennessee. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about car insurance and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like traffic violations, accidents, and a not-so-good credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Read the full article for more details to help prevent costly coverage and find possible discounts that are available.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
An essential thing to point out is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to compare all possible companies. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
It's a known fact that insurance companies don't want policyholders to shop around. Consumers who shop around for a cheaper policy are inclined to switch companies because there are good odds of finding a lower-cost company. A recent survey discovered that people who did price comparisons regularly saved as much as $3,450 over four years compared to policyholders who don't make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest rates on auto insurance in Memphis is your objective, learning how to find companies and compare coverages can save time, money, and frustration.
Cheap companies for Hyundai Tucson insurance
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Memphis, TN. To locate the cheapest auto insurance in Memphis, it's a good idea that you visit several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Hyundai Tucson insurance analysis
The coverage table shown next covers different rate quotes for Hyundai Tucson models. Having a better idea how premiums are formulated can be valuable when making smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tucson GLS 2WD||$104||$190||$304||$18||$90||$706||$59|
|Tucson GLS 4WD||$118||$190||$304||$18||$90||$720||$60|
|Tucson Limited 2WD||$118||$232||$304||$18||$90||$762||$64|
|Tucson Limited 4WD||$118||$232||$304||$18||$90||$762||$64|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in specific zip code location which can raise or lower coverage rates noticeably.
Do you qualify for discounts on Hyundai Tucson insurance in Memphis?
Some companies don't always advertise all available discounts very well, so we took the time to find both the well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Memphis car insurance online.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up before driving can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Active Military Service - Being on active duty in the military can result in better insurance rates.
- Good Student Discount - Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will qualify for a discount on a Memphis car insurance quote.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Simply owning a home can save a few bucks since home ownership requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Payment Method - If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
As is typical with insurance, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So when the math indicates you could get a free insurance policy, you won't be that lucky.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Hyundai Tucson insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the rates. The information is based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Tennessee state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
Popular insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for anti-theft, emergency military deployment, military active duty, federal employee, and good student.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including accident prevention training, safe driver, drive less, multi-car, anti-theft, teen safe driver, and teen safety rewards.
- State Farm includes discounts for accident-free, good driver, anti-theft, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- MetLife may have discounts that include claim-free, accident-free, good student, good driver, and defensive driver.
- 21st Century offers discounts including air bags, homeowners, defensive driver, early bird, teen driver, automatic seat belts, and theft prevention.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and online signing.
When comparing rates, check with all the companies which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts may not be offered in your area. For a list of providers with discount insurance rates in Tennessee, follow this link.
Why Your Insurance Prices might be higher
When buying auto insurance it's important to understand the rating factors that help determine your premiums. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find better auto insurance rates.
- Always keep your auto insurance in force - Having a gap between insurance policy dates can be a sure-fire way to bump up your auto insurance costs. Not only will you pay higher rates, getting caught without coverage could earn you a revoked license or a big fine. You may have to file a SR-22 with the Tennessee department of motor vehicles.
- Does your vocation cost you more? - Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Careers such as military generals, air traffic controllers, and financial analysts tend to have higher rates than the rest of us due to intense work-related stress and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, careers like professors, athletes and performers have the lowest average rates.
- Your car's features help determine auto insurance rates - Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Advanced theft deterrents like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart auto theft.
- Premiums can change based on your address - Having an address in small towns and rural areas can save you money if you are looking for the lowest rates. Urban drivers have much more traffic and higher rates of accident claims. Less people living in that area means less chance of accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Hyundai Tucson insurance claim data - Auto insurance companies use data from past claims as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that historically have higher loss trends will have increased rates. The table below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Hyundai Tucson vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as a total average, is set at 100. Values that are below 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are 100 or greater indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Hyundai Tucson Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Hyundai Tucson 4dr 2WD 80 96 66 108 110 101 Hyundai Tucson 4dr 4WD 82 102 70 109 109 109BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
What insurance coverages do I need?
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions may help highlight whether or not you might need an agent's assistance.
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
If you can't answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Local Memphis auto insurance agents and car insurance
Some people still like to go talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is you may find lower rates but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Memphis who will return price quotes for your coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to find an agent as quotes are delivered directly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates without requiring a lot of work. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you can always navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an provider requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Some important questions to ask are:
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Who are their largest clients?
- How are they compensated?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
Is an exclusive or independent auto insurance agent right for you?
If you want to buy car insurance from an insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents from which to choose. Car insurance agencies can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company's rates so they really need to provide good service. These agents are trained well on their company's products which can be an advantage. Consumers often purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the brand rather than low rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Memphis who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Bobby Gorman - State Farm Insurance Agent
4947 William Arnold Rd - Memphis, TN 38117 - (901) 767-1361 - View Map
- Heath Johnson - State Farm Insurance Agent
2657 Appling Rd #101 - Memphis, TN 38133 - (901) 372-2228 - View Map
- Derrick Hodges - State Farm Insurance Agent
7249 Winchester Rd - Memphis, TN 38125 - (901) 572-1985 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type do not work for one specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don't have to switch agencies.
When comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to compare quotes from multiple independent agents for the best price selection. A lot of them also have access to small mutual carriers that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Memphis that can give you price quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: The James Agency LLC
4778 Summer Ave Ste 1 - Memphis, TN 38122 - (901) 266-5507 - View Map
- Lipscomb and Pitts Insurance LLC
2670 Union Ave - Memphis, TN 38112 - (901) 321-1000 - View Map
- AutoSave Insurance
2550 Poplar Ave - Memphis, TN 38112 - (901) 458-1630 - View Map
If you feel you receive answers to your satisfaction as well as an affordable premium quote, it's a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that is reputable and can service your policy.
Tennessee car insurance companies ranked
Selecting a highly-rated insurance provider can be challenging considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Memphis. The ranking data shown below could help you decide which car insurance companies you want to consider purchasing from.
Top 10 Memphis Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Titan Insurance
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Budget-conscious Hyundai Tucson insurance can be found from both online companies in addition to many Memphis insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies don't offer online quoting and usually these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
As you quote Memphis car insurance, it's a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage and learned later they didn't have enough coverage. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional information can be found below:
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Cheap Memphis Auto Insurance Quotes for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Memphis? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Low Income Drivers in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for 19 Year Olds in Memphis? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for College Graduates in Memphis? (FAQ)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)