A recent study showed that about 70% of customers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,400, Memphis drivers could save up to 35% each year, but they don’t want to spend time to compare rate quotes online.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find affordable Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Memphis is to regularly compare prices from insurers in Tennessee.
First, try to learn a little about what coverages are included in your policy and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many factors that cause rate increases like getting speeding tickets and a substandard credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Read the full article for instructions to help keep prices low and find possible discounts that are available.
Second, request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Memphis. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
An important note is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many carriers as you can. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
Affordable car insurance in Memphis, TN
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Memphis, TN. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Tennessee, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Get cheaper Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Memphis with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may find discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Most are applied when you get a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be specially asked for before being credited. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices prevent vehicle theft and will qualify for a discount on a Memphis auto insurance quote.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Military Rewards – Having an actively deployed family member can result in better rates.
- Auto/Life Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a lower rate if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get lower premium rates.
- E-sign – Many larger companies will provide an incentive just for signing your application on the web.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts should definitely cut the cost of your policy.
A few companies who might offer these benefits include:
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies how many discounts you can get. A few discounts may not be available in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of providers who offer free Volkswagen Atlas insurance quotes in Memphis, click here to view.
Local neighborhood Memphis car insurance agents
A lot of people would rather go talk to an agent and often times that is recommended One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is you can get better rates and still have a local agent. And supporting local insurance agents is especially important in Memphis.
By using this short form, the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents that can provide free Memphis auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to contact any agents because prices are sent to you. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Shown below is a list of auto insurance companies in Memphis who can help you get price quote information for Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Memphis.
Choosing the best insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- How long have they been in business?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Is there a local claims center in Memphis?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
Persistence will pay off
When searching for inexpensive Memphis auto insurance quotes, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
Some insurance companies may not offer online price quotes and many times these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents. Cheaper Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Memphis is available from both online companies and with local Memphis insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection.
You just learned some good ideas how to compare Volkswagen Atlas insurance rates in Memphis. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from an unexpected company. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
To learn more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Teachers in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Memphis Auto Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado in Memphis? (FAQ)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)