Everyone knows that insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Consumers who shop around for better prices will, in all likelihood, move their business because there are good odds of finding a cheaper policy. A study discovered that consumers who shopped around every year saved as much as $3,450 over four years compared to those who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding budget-friendly insurance is your target objective, then having some insight into how to find and compare insurance rates can make it easier to find better rates.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find lower priced car insurance rates is to annually compare prices from different companies that sell auto insurance in Memphis. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Learn about how companies set rates and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like at-fault accidents and a negative credit rating can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper Shelby GT350 coverage is available in Memphis. If you can save some money, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit a signed application and payment for your new policy. Once the application is submitted, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to look at as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Cheap Ford insurance rate quotes in Memphis
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Memphis, TN. If you want cheaper auto insurance in Memphis, TN, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Memphis
Some providers don’t necessarily list all their discounts very clearly, so the next list breaks down some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you may qualify for.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates in comparison to policyholders that have many claims.
- Student in College – Children who live away from home at college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a deployed family member could mean lower premium rates.
- Paperless Signup – Some larger companies will give a small break simply for signing on the web.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Early Signing – Some auto insurance companies give discounts for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current Shelby GT350 insurance policy. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Bundle and Save – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and insure them with the same company they may give you a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper Shelby GT350 insurance.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
To locate insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Tennessee, click here.
Auto insurance is unique, just like you
When it comes to choosing a policy, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. Your situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions can aid in determining if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Will my Ford Shelby GT350 be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Compare rates but buy from a neighborhood Memphis auto insurance agent
Some consumers would rather get advice from a local agent and that is just fine! A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get lower premium rates and still have a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Memphis who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. There is no reason to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to you directly. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you can always navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best company should include more criteria than just a low price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- How long have they been in business?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Tennessee?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Memphis for you
When searching for a local Memphis insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive agencies work for only one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so keep that in mind. These agents are trained well on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following are Memphis exclusive insurance agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Ron Willis – State Farm Insurance Agent
3486 Poplar Ave #102 – Memphis, TN 38111 – (901) 454-7912 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Brandon Goodrich
3725 Riverdale Rd Ste 4 – Memphis, TN 38115 – (901) 794-0080 – View Map
- Kathy Thurmond-Edwards- State Farm Insurance Agent
680 W Brookhaven Cir – Memphis, TN 38117 – (901) 767-7744 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel can quote rates with many companies and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing insurance prices, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from independent agents to maximize your price options. A lot of them also have access to lesser-known insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Memphis that can give you price quotes.
- Smith-Berclair Insurance
855 Ridge Lake Blvd #400 – Memphis, TN 38120 – (901) 753-4323 – View Map
- Kellett Insurance Agency
4608 Quince Rd – Memphis, TN 38117 – (901) 685-3008 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Daysha J Palacio-Miller
1850 Poplar Crest Cove Ste 102 – Memphis, TN 38119 – (901) 762-8585 – View Map
The most affordable rates come from being thorough
When getting Memphis car insurance quotes online, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price.
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Memphis. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Memphis car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance comes from the least-expected company. Some small companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Discount Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Memphis is definitely available on the web and with local Memphis insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not offer price quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Memphis? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenagers in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Memphis Car Insurance for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150 in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Memphis Auto Insurance for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)