Want to learn how to save money and find lower-priced Ford GT insurance in Memphis? Did a good deal turn into an under-performing, overpriced insurance policy? Trust us, many Memphis drivers have buyer's remorse.
It's well known that auto insurance companies don't want you to look at other companies. Insureds who shop rates annually are likely to move their business because they have a good chance of finding lower prices. A study discovered that drivers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved over $3,400 over four years compared to other drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the best rates on insurance is the reason you're here, then learning about the best ways to find and compare auto insurance can help you succeed in finding affordable rates. Big companies like Allstate, Progressive and GEICO all promote huge savings with ads and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and take the time to shop coverage around.
If you have coverage now or just want cheaper coverage, use these cost-cutting techniques to find the best rates without sacrificing coverage. Buying the cheapest insurance in Memphis is really quite easy. Shoppers just have to understand the best way to shop their coverage around instantly.
Finding low cost Ford GT insurance rates is a great way to save money. You just have to invest a little time getting comparison quotes from online providers.
It's so simple to compare insurance quotes online makes it obsolete to spend your day driving to each insurance agency near you. The ability to buy insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you require the professional advice that only an agent can give. Some companies do allow you to comparison shop online but buy from a local insurance agent.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Tennessee. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Get discounts to get affordable Memphis insurance rates
Auto insurance companies do not advertise every available discount in a way that's easy to find, so below is a list some of the best known as well as the least known insurance savings.
- Multi-car Discount - Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles with the same insurance company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Senior Citizens - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get a slight reduction on a Memphis car insurance quote.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Memphis drivers who agree to allow data collection to scrutinize driving patterns by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less in comparison to policyholders that have many claims.
- Discount for New Cars - Putting insurance on a new GT can get you a discount since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Air Bag Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of more than 20%.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn't work that way. Any qualifying discounts should definitely cut the cost of your policy.
To choose insurance companies with the best discounts in Tennessee, click this link.
Smart Buyers Can Cut Insurance Costs
Many factors are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but other criteria are less apparent such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
The following are some of the most common factors used by your company to calculate premiums.
- The type of car you drive affects your premiums - The performance of the car, truck or SUV you need insurance for makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. Smaller low performance passenger models receive the most favorable rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Does your job raise your prices? - Occupational choices like fire fighters, airline pilots, and dentists generally pay higher rates than the rest of us due to stressful work requirements and lengthy work days. On the flip side, professions such as farmers, students and performers have the lowest average rates.
- Liability limits are a factor - The liability coverage on your policy provides coverage if ever you are found to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your policy's liability insurance provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Safer vehicles cost less to insure - Cars with five star safety ratings get lower rates. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates means less claims paid and lower rates for you. If your Ford GT scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you may be receiving a better rate.
- High physical damage deductibles lower premiums - Physical damage insurance, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be a windshield shattered by a rock, vandalism, and damage caused by flying debris. Your deductibles define how much the insured will be required to pay in the event of a claim. The more you're willing to pay, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
- Vehicle options can affect prices - Selecting a car model with advanced anti-theft systems can save you some money. Anti-theft features such as GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help stop your vehicle from being stolen.
- Accidents increase premiums - Good drivers get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Just one speeding ticket or other violation can increase the cost of insurance by twenty percent. People who have dangerous tickets like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Get cheaper costs if you're married - Having a spouse may earn you lower rates on car insurance. Having a spouse may mean you are more responsible and statistics prove married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
When to contact an agent
Many drivers just want to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a smart move Most agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of comparing insurance online is that you can find cheaper car insurance rates and also buy local. Supporting local insurance agencies is especially important in Memphis.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your information is transmitted to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. If you need to compare prices for a specific company, just go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Listed below is a list of auto insurance companies in Memphis that can give you price quotes for Ford GT insurance in Memphis.
Selecting an provider should depend on more than just the price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- What company do they have the most business with?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Memphis?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
Once you have received acceptable answers to any questions you may have as well as a price you're happy with, chances are good that you have found an provider that meets the requirements to properly insure your vehicles.
Auto insurance company ratings
Buying coverage from the highest-rated company is difficult considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Memphis. The rank data shown below can help you pick which auto insurance companies you want to consider purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 Memphis Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers - A++
- USAA - A++
- GEICO - A++
- State Farm - A++
- Erie Insurance - A+
- Titan Insurance - A+
- Esurance - A+
- Progressive - A+
- Nationwide - A+
- The Hartford - A+
Top 10 Memphis Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- Erie Insurance
- The General
Compare car insurance prices regularly to save
When buying insurance coverage, it's not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
We just presented a lot of ways to shop for Ford GT insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the lowest premium rates are with a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
How to find the cheapest rates for Ford GT insurance in Memphis
It takes a little time, but the best way to get the cheapest Ford GT insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Memphis.
- First, read and learn about individual coverages and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that cause rate increases such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a not-so-good credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new insurer. Immediately put the new proof of insurance paperwork with your vehicle's registration.
One important bit of advice is to make sure you enter the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as possible. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price quote selection.
Much more information about car insurance in Tennessee can be found on the following sites:
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Memphis Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)