Want to save money and find more affordable Ford Fusion Energi insurance in Memphis? Searching for the cheapest insurance for a new or used Ford Fusion Energi in Tennessee can turn out to be an all-consuming task, but you can use our insurance buying tips to save time.
There is a better way to shop for insurance so we’re going to tell you the best way to price shop coverage for your Ford and locate the lowest possible price from Memphis insurance agents and online providers.
You should take the time to get comparison quotes occasionally since insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you think you had the lowest quotes on Ford Fusion Energi insurance in Memphis a year ago you may be paying too much now. Don’t believe everything you read about Fusion Energi insurance on the web, but I’m going to show you some excellent ideas to lower your insurance rates in Memphis.
The companies shown below offer free quotes in Tennessee. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Tennessee, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to get the cheapest price.
Why you need quality insurance for your Ford Fusion Energi
Despite the high insurance cost for a Ford Fusion Energi in Memphis, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability in order to be legal. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ford has a loan, most lenders will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford for a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays as much as $830 a year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to save money.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Ford Fusion Energi insurance in Memphis
Some insurance providers don’t list all available discounts very well, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Memphis car insurance online. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% but check with your company.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds who allow their company to study vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Own a Home and Save – Simply owning a home may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims for a specific time period.
- Organization Discounts – Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Memphis can get you a small discount on your policy.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Driver Education Discount – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Accident Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents have much lower rates when compared to drivers who are more careless.
We need to note that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But all discounts will reduce your policy premium.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- AAA offers premium reductions for education and occupation, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, good driver, multi-car, and anti-theft.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and good student.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including student away at school, multiple autos, safe vehicle, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, and passive restraint.
- Esurance includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, renters, online quote, multi-car, emergency road assistance, Pac-12 alumni, and multi-policy.
- Nationwide has savings for anti-theft, Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, multi-policy, good student, defensive driving, and family plan.
Check with each insurance company the best way to save money. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in your state. To choose insurers with significant discounts in Memphis, click here to view.
What if I want to buy from local Memphis auto insurance agents?
Many drivers would rather get advice from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is especially important in Memphis.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. If for some reason you want to compare prices for a specific company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
If you want to buy auto insurance from a local insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents that you can select. Agencies in Memphis are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference between them since it may influence which type of agent you select.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not restricted to one company so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and find you the best rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies and you can keep the same agent. When comparison shopping, it’s a good idea to get several quotes from several independent agencies to have the best price comparison. Many can place coverage with smaller mutual companies which may provide better rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Memphis that can give you free auto insurance rate quotes.
- Farris Evans Insurance Agency Inc
1568 Union Ave – Memphis, TN 38104 – (901) 274-5424 – View Map
- Oseman Insurance Agency
6750 Poplar Ave #410 – Memphis, TN 38138 – (901) 562-0151 – View Map
- Kellett Insurance Agency
4608 Quince Rd – Memphis, TN 38117 – (901) 685-3008 – View Map
These agents can only provide one company’s prices such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so keep that in mind. These agents are usually well trained in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some people will only choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of the brand name and strong financial ratings.
Below are exclusive agents in Memphis who can help you get rate quotes.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
420 S Germantown Pkwy #109 – Cordova, TN 38018 – (901) 761-5240 – View Map
- Ulysses Cosby – State Farm Insurance Agent
248 Cooper St – Memphis, TN 38104 – (901) 276-1044 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Josh Roman
579 S Perkins Rd – Memphis, TN 38117 – (901) 683-8600 – View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the premium amount. These are valid questions to ask:
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- How long has the business existed?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
After getting satisfactory answers to your questions and locked in a price quote, you’ve probably found a car insurance agent that meets the requirements to adequately provide auto insurance. Just keep in mind once you purchase a policy you can cancel your coverage whenever you want so don’t think you are locked into any specific company with no way out.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When selecting your policy, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. Every situation is different and your policy should reflect that.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if you may require specific advice.
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- What happens if I owe more than my Ford Fusion Energi is worth?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Lower rates by being persistent
We just presented many ideas to compare Ford Fusion Energi insurance car insurance rates in Memphis. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Memphis car insurance, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even discover the best car insurance rates are with the least-expected company. They may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Lower-priced insurance in Memphis can be found online and from local agencies, so get free Memphis car insurance quotes from both of them to get a complete price analysis. A few companies may not offer online price quotes and these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
How to find low-cost rates for Ford Fusion Energi insurance in Memphis
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get affordable Ford Fusion Energi insurance in Memphis is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Tennessee.
- It will benefit you to learn about coverages and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many things that increase rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a low credit rating can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from many different companies. Get quotes now
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper Fusion Energi coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new company. As soon as coverage is bound, keep the new proof of insurance certificate with the vehicle registration.
An important part of this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get prices from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables a level playing field and the best rate selection.
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Memphis Auto Insurance Quotes for 4×4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Memphis Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Memphis Auto Insurance for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)