The easiest way to save money on Ford Freestar insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers who provide auto insurance in Memphis.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about how your policy works and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause rate increases like speeding tickets, accidents and poor credit history can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Keep reading for information to help prevent costly coverage and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Memphis. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Notify your agent or company to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new agent or company. As soon as you receive it, place the new proof of insurance certificate with your registration paperwork.
A good tip to remember is to use identical coverage information on every quote and and to compare as many companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
It’s amazing but a large majority of car insurance policyholders renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and almost half have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Memphis consumers could save an average of $480 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but most undervalue the rate savings if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
This information will teach you a little about the most effective ways to compare rates and also save some money in the process If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to shop for the lowest rates using the ideas covered in this article. But Tennessee consumers need to learn the way companies price online insurance and apply this information to your search.
Smart Buyers Save More
Many factors are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are less obvious such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
The itemized list below are a partial list of the pieces used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
- Pleasure use or commuting – The more you drive each year the more you’ll pay to insure it. Many insurance companies rate vehicles based upon how much you drive. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles receive better premium rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Improper usage on your Freestar may be costing you. Make sure your car insurance coverage is rated on how each vehicle is driven.
- Is insurance coverage cheaper for females or males? – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men cause auto accidents in similar percentages, but guys cause more damage. They also get higher numbers of serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Young males cause the most accidents and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Cars with good safety ratings means lower rates – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. These vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates.
- The type of vehicle makes a difference – The performance of the car you are buying insurance for makes a big difference in the rate you pay. The cheapest insurance rates are usually for small economy passenger cars, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – Insurance policies have a lot of extra coverages that can add up if you aren’t diligent. Things like roadside assistance, death and dismemberment, and membership fees may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea initially, but if they’re wasting money remove them and pocket the money.
When shopping for the cheapest Ford Freestar rate quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare rate quotes from insurance companies in your area. The easiest way to lower the rate you pay for Ford Freestar insurance is to use the internet to compare rates.
Just keep in mind that comparing all the rates in your area increases the chance that you will find lower pricing.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Memphis, TN. If your goal is to find the best cheap car insurance in Memphis, it’s highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them to get the cheapest price.
Three good reasons to insure your vehicle
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Ford Freestar in Memphis, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Ford with a loan, most banks will require that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Don’t neglect these money saving discounts
Some providers don’t always list the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains a few of the more common and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Professional Memberships – Belonging to certain professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums when getting a Memphis car insurance quote.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Ford could qualify for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
- E-sign Discounts – Some companies will give you a small discount just for signing your application digitally online.
Don’t be surprised that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Large insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- State Farm includes discounts for anti-theft, good student, student away at school, accident-free, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO has discounts for anti-theft, driver training, federal employee, air bags, membership and employees, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including homeowners, automatic seat belts, defensive driver, air bags, and anti-lock brakes.
- American Family may have discounts that include accident-free, good driver, multi-vehicle, air bags, good student, and defensive driver.
- The Hartford has savings for anti-theft, good student, bundle, air bag, driver training, and vehicle fuel type.
- AAA may include discounts for AAA membership discount, good student, good driver, anti-theft, multi-car, and education and occupation.
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Savings may not apply to policies in every state. If you would like to view insurers with significant discounts in Tennessee, click here to view.
Car insurance agents can help
Some consumers prefer to go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A nice benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Memphis.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance data is immediately sent to agents in your area that can provide free Memphis car insurance quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. You can find better rates AND a local agent. If you wish to quote rates from a particular provider, feel free to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Listed below is a short list of auto insurance companies in Memphis willing to provide rate quotes for Ford Freestar insurance in Memphis.
- Keltner Insurance Inc.
3232 S Perkins Rd – Memphis, TN 38118 – (901) 797-8665 – View Map
- C R Everhart Insurance Agency
5986 Knight Arnold Rd – Memphis, TN 38115 – (901) 362-0545 – View Map
- Bill Blake Auto Insurance
5724 Mt Moriah Rd – Memphis, TN 38115 – (901) 432-5551 – View Map
- Boyle Insurance Agency, Inc.
5900 Poplar Ave – Memphis, TN 38119 – (901) 766-0200 – View Map
Picking an insurer should include more criteria than just a low price. A good agent in Memphis will have answers to these questions.
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
Memphis auto insurance company ratings
Insuring your vehicle with a high-quality insurance provider can be difficult considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Tennessee. The ranking information below could help you decide which insurers to look at comparing prices from.
Top 10 Memphis Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Is my Ford Freestar covered if I use it for business?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Will my Ford Freestar be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Quote often and quote early
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including high prices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in paying claims or policy non-renewal. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to get a better price on Ford Freestar insurance in Memphis. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Memphis car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best car insurance rates are with a lesser-known regional company.
As you quote Memphis car insurance, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate.
More information is located at these links:
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Memphis Auto Insurance for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150 in Memphis? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Uber Drivers in Memphis? (FAQ)
- How Much are Memphis Car Insurance Rates for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- How Much is Memphis Car Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)