Ford Fiesta insurance image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
It's an obvious conclusion that insurance companies don't want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Insureds who rate shop once a year are inclined to switch companies because they stand a good chance of finding a lower-cost company. A study discovered that consumers who regularly compared rates saved on average $865 annually compared to other drivers who didn't regularly shop around.
If saving money on Ford Fiesta insurance in Memphis is your objective, then having some insight into how to find and compare insurance premiums can save time and money.
The easiest way to get low-cost car insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers in Memphis. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- First, try to understand how car insurance works and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many risk factors that cause high rates like accidents, traffic violations, and a bad credit score can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article provides information to get low prices and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Second, get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates from many different companies. Find a Memphis insurance agent
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new company. Be sure to put the certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
The key thing to remember is to use identical coverage information on each quote and and to compare as many companies as possible. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
When price shopping your coverage, obtaining a wide range of quotes will increase your chances of finding more affordable rates.
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Memphis, TN. To buy cheap car insurance in Tennessee, it's highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Buying from car insurance agents
A small number of people still prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is OK! A nice benefit of comparing rates online is you may find better rates and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Memphis who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don't have to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to get a price quote for a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding a good insurer requires more thought than just a cheap price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Memphis?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Memphis for you
When researching local Memphis agents, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance policy providers can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
These agents are contracted to one company like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers frequently use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following are Memphis exclusive agencies willing to provide price quotes.
- Kacky Kortenber - State Farm Insurance Agent
7900 Winchester Rd Ste 101 - Memphis, TN 38125 - (901) 757-0303 - View Map
- Henry Hooper II - State Farm Insurance Agent
348 S Main St - Memphis, TN 38103 - (901) 575-0001 - View Map
- Barry Sanders - State Farm Insurance Agent
6060 Quince Rd - Memphis, TN 38119 - (901) 767-2001 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agents are appointed with more than one company so they can write business amongst many companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If your premiums go up, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency.
If you need lower rates, we highly recommend that you get several quotes from a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options. They often place coverage with small mutual carriers which may have better rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Memphis that can give you price quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Daysha J Palacio-Miller
1850 Poplar Crest Cove Ste 102 - Memphis, TN 38119 - (901) 762-8585 - View Map
- Farris Evans Insurance Agency Inc
1568 Union Ave - Memphis, TN 38104 - (901) 274-5424 - View Map
- Sneed Insurance
6645 Stage Rd #200 - Memphis, TN 38134 - (901) 372-4580 - View Map