It’s a known fact that car insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. People who compare price quotes are very likely to buy a different policy because of the high probability of finding a lower-priced company. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who routinely compared rates saved about $860 a year compared to people who never compared rates.
If finding the lowest rates on Ford F-350 insurance in Memphis is your ultimate target, then having an understanding of how to quote and compare auto insurance can make it easier to find better rates.
The best way to get more affordable Ford F-350 insurance in Memphis is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers who sell auto insurance in Tennessee. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Step 1: Try to learn about how your policy works and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a low credit rating can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple sources. View rates
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy to see if cheaper F-350 coverage is available. If you can save money and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new company or agent. As soon as you have the new policy, place your new proof of insurance paperwork in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of this process is that you’ll want to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This enables a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Memphis is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. If you are insured now, you will most likely be able to save money using the following tips. Nevertheless, Tennessee car owners do need to understand how the larger insurance companies determine prices and apply this information to your search.
Cheap Ford insurance price quotes in Memphis
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Memphis, TN. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Insurance rate breakdown
The data table shown below covers detailed analysis of insurance policy prices for Ford F-350 models. Learning a little about how policy rates are figured can be of help when making smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$122||$236||$416||$24||$124||$922||$77|
|F-350 XL Super Cab 4WD||$122||$236||$416||$24||$124||$922||$77|
|F-350 XL Super Cab 2WD||$136||$202||$278||$16||$82||$714||$60|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Package 4WD||$136||$236||$416||$24||$124||$936||$78|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Package 2WD||$136||$236||$278||$16||$82||$748||$62|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$136||$236||$278||$16||$82||$748||$62|
|F-350 Crew Cab Harley Edition 4WD||$136||$236||$416||$24||$124||$936||$78|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Edition 4WD||$136||$236||$416||$24||$124||$936||$78|
|F-350 Crew Cab King Ranch 4WD||$136||$236||$416||$24||$124||$936||$78|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$136||$236||$416||$24||$124||$936||$78|
|F-350 XL Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$136||$236||$416||$24||$124||$936||$78|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$136||$236||$416||$24||$124||$936||$78|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$136||$236||$278||$16||$82||$748||$62|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Cabela Package 2WD||$136||$236||$278||$16||$82||$748||$62|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab King Ranch 2WD||$136||$236||$278||$16||$82||$748||$62|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat 4WD||$136||$272||$416||$24||$124||$972||$81|
|F-350 Crew Cab King Ranch Turbo Diesel 4WD||$136||$272||$416||$24||$124||$972||$81|
|F-350 Crew Cab Cabela Package 4WD||$136||$272||$416||$24||$124||$972||$81|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$136||$272||$416||$24||$124||$972||$81|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat 4WD||$136||$272||$416||$24||$124||$972||$81|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 4WD||$136||$272||$416||$24||$124||$972||$81|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$136||$272||$416||$24||$124||$972||$81|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat 2WD||$150||$236||$278||$16||$82||$762||$64|
|F-350 XL Super Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$150||$236||$278||$16||$82||$762||$64|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Edition 2WD||$150||$236||$278||$16||$82||$762||$64|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$150||$236||$278||$16||$82||$762||$64|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Lariat 2WD||$150||$236||$278||$16||$82||$762||$64|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Harley Edition 2WD||$150||$236||$278||$16||$82||$762||$64|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$150||$236||$278||$16||$82||$762||$64|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 4WD||$150||$272||$416||$24||$124||$986||$82|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$150||$272||$416||$24||$124||$986||$82|
|F-350 Crew Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$150||$272||$416||$24||$124||$986||$82|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$150||$272||$416||$24||$124||$986||$82|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$150||$272||$278||$16||$82||$798||$67|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab King Ranch Turbo Diesel 2WD||$150||$272||$278||$16||$82||$798||$67|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 2WD||$150||$272||$278||$16||$82||$798||$67|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$150||$272||$278||$16||$82||$798||$67|
|F-350 Super Cab XLT Turbo Diesel 2WD||$150||$272||$278||$16||$82||$798||$67|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 4WD||$150||$272||$416||$24||$124||$986||$82|
|F-350 Crew Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 4WD||$150||$272||$416||$24||$124||$986||$82|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 2WD||$150||$272||$278||$16||$82||$798||$67|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 2WD||$150||$272||$278||$16||$82||$798||$67|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in garaging location in Memphis which can decrease or increase rates noticeably.
How careless driving impacts Memphis insurance rates
The chart below highlights how traffic violations and accidents influence Ford F-350 premium costs for different age categories. The data assumes a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The example below illustrates the comparison of Ford F-350 auto insurance rates with full coverage and liability only. The premiums assume no claims or violations, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no clear-cut rule of when to eliminate comp and collision coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s say your Ford F-350 settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premium cost is more than $200 annually to have full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some scenarios where dropping full coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not opt for liability only.
Memphis auto insurance discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list all possible discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Memphis auto insurance online.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Some insurance companies give a break if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Claim-Free Discount – Good drivers with no accidents get the best auto insurance rates in comparison to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts can save up to 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Drive Safe and Save – Accident-free drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds who allow their auto insurance company to monitor driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as State Farm’s In-Drive could possibly reduce rates as long as the data is positive.
One last thing about discounts, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Ford F-350 auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The price estimates are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Tennessee state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include anti-theft, safe vehicle, multiple autos, driver’s education, accident-free, good driver, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- American Family offers discounts for mySafetyValet, accident-free, bundled insurance, air bags, TimeAway discount, good student, and Steer into Savings.
- AAA includes discounts for anti-theft, good driver, AAA membership discount, good student, multi-policy, pay-in-full, and multi-car.
- GEICO has discounts for five-year accident-free, membership and employees, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for age of vehicle, annual mileage, good student, multi-policy, multi-car, low natural disaster claims, and type of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including multi-car, alternative fuel, electronic funds transfer, homeowner, and pay in full.
- Progressive discounts include continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, and multi-policy.
When quoting, ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered everywhere. To find auto insurance companies who offer online Ford F-350 insurance quotes in Tennessee, click this link.
Get rate quotes but work with a local Memphis insurance agency
Many people still prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is a personal choice. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
Once you complete this short form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that provide free Memphis auto insurance quotes for your coverage. You never need to find an agent on your own because prices are sent immediately to you. You can get cheaper car insurance rates AND a local agent. If you want to quote rates for a specific company, just jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing a provider requires more thought than just a cheap quote. A good agent in Memphis will have answers to these questions.
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Tennessee?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
When narrowing the list to find a local Memphis insurance agency, you should know the types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Insurance agencies in Memphis can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only write with one company such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some people will only use the same exclusive agent partially due to the brand rather than low rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Memphis that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Willie E. Martin
3315 Kirby Pkwy – Memphis, TN 38115 – (901) 365-2008 – View Map
- Sylvia Walker – State Farm Insurance Agent
2900 Kirby Pkwy Ste 2 – Memphis, TN 38119 – (901) 794-8848 – View Map
- Dan Crawford – State Farm Insurance Agent
5705 Stage Rd #160 – Memphis, TN 38134 – (901) 372-4400 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not required to write business for one company so they can write business amongst many companies and find the cheapest rate. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to get insurance quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison. A lot of them also have access to companies you’ve never heard of that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Memphis that are able to give price quote information.
- Nationwide Insurance: The James Agency LLC
4778 Summer Ave Ste 1 – Memphis, TN 38122 – (901) 266-5507 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Bennita J Wade Agency
1503 Union Ave Ste 220 – Memphis, TN 38104 – (901) 276-8571 – View Map
- Oseman Insurance Agency
6750 Poplar Ave #410 – Memphis, TN 38138 – (901) 562-0151 – View Map
You can find affordable coverage
We covered many ways to compare Ford F-350 insurance premium rates in Memphis. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a lesser-known regional company.
While you’re price shopping online, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Consumers leave their current company for many reasons like questionable increases in premium, unfair underwriting practices, denial of a claim or extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company is not as hard as you think.
More information can be found at the links below
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Memphis Auto Insurance for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Memphis Car Insurance for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for College Graduates in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)