Astonishing but true, the vast majority of car insurance customers in Tennessee have been with the same company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. The average driver in the U.S. could save $850 a year, but they don’t understand how simple it is to compare rates and save money.
Really, the only way to get budget Oldsmobile Silhouette insurance in Memphis is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers in Tennessee. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how companies price auto insurance and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as accidents, traffic violations, and bad credit can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for ideas to find cheap rates and earn larger discounts.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of companies. Start a quote
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One tip to remember is to try to use similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will surely be able to get lower rates using the concepts covered in this article. Finding quotes for the most affordable coverage in Memphis is easy if you know what you’re doing. But Tennessee vehicle owners need to have an understanding of the way companies calculate their prices and use it to find better rates.
Take policy discounts and save on Oldsmobile Silhouette insurance in Memphis
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might be missing out on some discounts to help offset the cost. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but a few must be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers may receive better car insurance rates.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Memphis car insurance quote in comparison to policyholders that have many claims.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with multiple cars or trucks with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could earn you a nice discount on your policy.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen with less frequency and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Active Military Service – Being on active duty in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child successfully take a driver’s education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
Discounts lower rates, but some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But all discounts will positively reduce your overall premium however.
If you would like to view providers that offer many of these discounts in Tennessee, click here.
Most major insurance companies make it easy to get insurance quotes on their websites. Getting online quotes for Oldsmobile Silhouette insurance in Memphis doesn’t take much effort as you simply enter your required coverages as detailed in the form. Upon sending the form, their rating system sends out for reports for credit and driving violations and quotes a price based on these and other factors.
Quoting online for Oldsmobile Silhouette insurance in Memphis helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you want to get lower-cost prices.
To quickly find out what other companies charge, compare rates from the companies below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you type in the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have rate comparison quotes for exact coverage.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Tennessee. In order to find cheaper car insurance in Memphis, TN, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
There’s no such thing as the perfect auto insurance policy
When it comes to coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions might point out whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Shop online but buy locally
Some consumers would prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is a personal choice. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is you can get cheap auto insurance quotes but also keep your business local. Buying from local agencies is especially important in Memphis.
After completing this quick form, your information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Memphis who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to drive around since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you just need to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
If you need to find a local agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents may be either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent do not work for one specific company so they can write business through many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a lower price, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. A lot of them also have access to lesser-known insurance companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Featured below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Memphis that may be able to give comparison quotes.
- Lipscomb and Pitts Insurance LLC
2670 Union Ave – Memphis, TN 38112 – (901) 321-1000 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Daysha J Palacio-Miller
1850 Poplar Crest Cove Ste 102 – Memphis, TN 38119 – (901) 762-8585 – View Map
- C R Everhart Insurance Agency
5986 Knight Arnold Rd – Memphis, TN 38115 – (901) 362-0545 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage. Drivers often buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the prominent brand name rather than having low rates.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Memphis that are able to give price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Ezekeil Hudson
53 Monroe Ave – Memphis, TN 38103 – (901) 235-9315 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Candace Hall
1444 E Shelby Dr #329 – Memphis, TN 38116 – (901) 345-2615 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Angie Hooten-Hughes
6803 Summer Ave – Memphis, TN 38134 – (901) 373-6060 – View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Some important questions to ask are:
- How long has their agency been open in Memphis?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Tennessee?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
One last thing to lower rates
Budget-conscious Oldsmobile Silhouette insurance can be bought online and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies do not provide online quoting and usually these smaller companies only sell through independent agents.
When you buy Memphis car insurance online, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Insureds leave their current company for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, delays in paying claims, questionable increases in premium and high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right car insurance provider is not as hard as you think.
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 25 in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Memphis Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Good Drivers in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)