It’s an obvious assumption that car insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Drivers who shop around for the cheapest rate will probably switch companies because there is a good chance of finding a lower-priced company. A study discovered that people who shopped around saved $3,400 over four years compared to those who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest price on auto insurance in Memphis is why you’re here, understanding how to quote prices and compare cheaper coverage can make it easier for you to save money.
The preferred way to quote cheaper Mazda CX-7 insurance in Memphis is to start doing a yearly price comparison from different companies who provide auto insurance in Tennessee.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like at-fault accidents and a bad credit score can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper CX-7 coverage is available in Memphis. If you find better rates and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Notify your agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new insurer. Once received, keep the new proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A tip to remember is to use the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to get price estimates from all possible companies. This enables a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
If you have a current car insurance policy or need a new policy, use these money-saving tips to reduce premiums without sacrificing coverage. Choosing the best rates in Memphis seems hard but is not really that difficult. Consumers just need to learn how to compare different rates instantly.
Getting a cheaper price on insurance is pretty simple and can save money. Drivers just need to spend a few minutes on the computer to get quotes provided by online insurance companies.
It’s so simple to compare auto insurance quotes online takes the place of having to make phone calls or go to insurance agencies in your area. Comparing online rate quotes makes this unnecessary unless you have a complicated situation and need the peace of mind that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. You can, however, get prices online but buy from a local insurance agent.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Memphis, TN. If you want to find cheap car insurance in Memphis, it’s highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Buying the right CX-7 insurance in Tennessee is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, paying for car insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Mazda, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Mazda at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Mazda CX-7 but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays more than $865 each year so it’s important to compare rates at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Insurance statistics for a Mazda CX-7
The rate information shown below covers detailed analysis of insurance rates for Mazda CX-7 models. Having a better understanding of how insurance quotes are figured can help you make smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CX-7 SV 2WD||$242||$440||$294||$18||$88||$1,082||$90|
|CX-7 Sport 2WD||$272||$440||$294||$18||$88||$1,112||$93|
|CX-7 Touring 2WD||$272||$440||$294||$18||$88||$1,112||$93|
|CX-7 Touring 4WD||$272||$518||$294||$18||$88||$1,190||$99|
|CX-7 Grand Touring 2WD||$304||$518||$294||$18||$88||$1,222||$102|
|CX-7 Grand Touring 4WD||$304||$518||$294||$18||$88||$1,222||$102|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Information does not factor in specific location which can change coverage prices noticeably.
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact Mazda CX-7 annual premium costs for different ages of insureds. The premiums assume a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Comparison of insurance rates by gender
The chart below shows the difference between Mazda CX-7 insurance prices for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no accidents or driving violations, full coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Discounts can help lower premiums on Mazda CX-7 insurance in Memphis
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there could be available discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time you complete a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds with no claims or accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Memphis auto insurance quote in comparison to drivers with a long claim history.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Memphis Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a course teaching driver safety skills could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
- Sign Online – Many larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up on your computer.
- Life Insurance – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a small discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
Please keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts will positively reduce your overall bill.
The information below compares Mazda CX-7 premium costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The data is based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Tennessee state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are:
- Travelers offers discounts for hybrid/electric vehicle, new car, payment discounts, driver training, early quote, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, air bags, teen driver, good student, driver training, theft prevention, and 55 and older.
- State Farm includes discounts for good driver, passive restraint, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, defensive driving training, and student away at school.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, anti-theft, emergency military deployment, driver training, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO has discounts for anti-theft, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, homeowner, multi-car, safe driver, and bundle discounts.
- AAA offers discounts including pay-in-full, good driver, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, and multi-policy.
Before buying, ask every prospective company the best way to save money. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in Memphis.
Are insurance agencies a thing of the past?
Many people just want to sit down with an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Licensed agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agents is important particularly in Memphis.
After completing this simple form, your insurance data is emailed to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your business. You don’t have to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
If you would like to find a reliable insurance agent, there are two different types of agencies that you can choose from. Car insurance policy providers may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s worth learning the difference in the companies they write for because it can impact which agent you choose.
Independent insurance agents are not employed by any specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different car insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. When shopping rates, it’s a good idea to include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below are Memphis independent agencies that may be able to give competitive price quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents write business for a single company and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Memphis that are able to give price quote information.
Deciding on an insurance agency is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
What is the best car insurance company in Memphis?
Buying coverage from a good quality car insurance company can be a challenge considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Memphis. The company ratings in the lists below can help you decide which providers you want to consider buying from.
Top 10 Memphis Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Erie Insurance – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- The Hartford – A+
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
We just showed you a lot of ways to reduce Mazda CX-7 insurance rates online in Memphis. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding low cost Memphis auto insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest rates are with a small mutual company. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
More information can be read at the links below
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Fusion in Memphis? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Memphis Auto Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Memphis Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Memphis Auto Insurance for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Memphis Auto Insurance for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)