Truthfully, the best way to get cheaper Fiat 124 Spider insurance is to regularly compare prices from different companies who sell auto insurance in Memphis.
Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of policy coverages and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as your driving record and a substandard credit score can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article provides more information to find cheap prices and find more discounts that you may not know about.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple sources. Select a company
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on 124 Spider insurance. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the new company. As soon as you can, place the new certificate of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you’ll want to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to look at every company you can. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Anyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Consumers who shop for lower rates will most likely buy a different policy because there is a significant possibility of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent survey revealed that people who routinely compared quotes saved over $865 a year compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding discount rates on auto insurance in Memphis is the reason you’re reading this, knowing how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance coverage can help make the process easier.
If you are already insured, you will surely be able to lower your rates using the ideas covered in this article. The goal of this article is to familiarize you with how car insurance quotes work and also pocket some savings Although Tennessee consumers should learn the way companies determine what you pay and use it to your advantage.
When looking for the cheapest Fiat 124 Spider rate quotes, there are a couple ways of comparing price quotes from different Memphis insurance companies. The recommended way to find competitive Fiat 124 Spider insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online.
Keep in mind that comparing a large number of companies increases the chance that you will find a lower rate than you’re paying now. Not every company does Memphis 124 Spider insurance quotes over the internet, so it’s necessary to compare quotes from them as well.
The following companies have been selected to offer price comparisons in Memphis, TN. To locate the cheapest car insurance in Memphis, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Even though Memphis 124 Spider insurance rates can get expensive, paying for insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Fiat has a loan, most lenders will stipulate that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Fiat at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in America is overpaying over $869 every year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Informed Consumers Can Save Money
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but others are less apparent like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
Listed below are some of the most common factors auto insurance companies consider when setting your rate level.
- Having a spouse can lower prices – Being married actually saves money on your policy. It means you’re less irresponsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Consolidate and save – The majority of insurance companies provide a discount to clients that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be 10 percent or more. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s always a smart idea to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. It’s possible to still save more without the discount by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Your job and auto insurance rates – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupations like military generals, police officers, and dentists have higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to high stress and lots of time spent at work. Other professions such as scientists, students and retirees receive lower rates.
- The more you drive the more you pay – Driving a lot of miles every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers apply a rate partially by how you use the vehicle. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use cost less to insure than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your 124 Spider can cost quite a bit. Ask your agent if your vehicle rating states the correct usage.
- Driving citations can increase prices – Drivers with clean records pay less for auto insurance compared to bad drivers. Just one chargeable violation may cause rates to rise by as much as twenty percent. Drivers with dangerous citations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find that they have to to complete a SR-22 with their state in order to continue driving.
- Raise comp and collision deductibles and save – The deductibles you choose tell how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your auto insurance pays a claim. Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of covered claims would be rear-ending another vehicle, damage from fire, and damage from wind. The more of the claim you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Liability protection limits should be high – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection in the event that you are responsible for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides for a legal defense which can cost a lot. Liability is cheap compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Pay less with a high safety rating – Vehicles with high crash test scores cost less to insure. Safe vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates. If your Fiat scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
Affordable Fiat 124 Spider insurance rates in Memphis
Auto insurance is expensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some discounts will apply when you get a quote, but some must be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Driver Education Discount – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course in school.
- Paperwork-free – A few larger online companies provide a small discount shop Memphis car insurance online.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Membership in Organizations – Belonging to certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your bill.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Mature drivers may receive a small discount on rates.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Distant College Student Discount – Children who live away from home at college and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Memphis car insurance quote.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but some companies like Allstate and State Farm will let one accident slide without raising rates if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
You should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- GEICO may include discounts for good student, driver training, seat belt use, multi-policy, air bags, emergency military deployment, and five-year accident-free.
- USAA offers premium reductions for military installation, driver training, defensive driver, vehicle storage, new vehicle, loyalty savings, and multi-policy.
- Progressive offers discounts for good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, air bags, accident-free, TimeAway discount, and multi-vehicle.
- Esurance discounts include paid-in-full, renters, homeowner, emergency road assistance, safety device, and good driver.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for good student, business and professional, early shopping, multi-car, teen driver, youthful driver, and pay in full.
- State Farm has discounts for good student, driver’s education, student away at school, multiple policy, safe vehicle, and multiple autos.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Memphis.
Don’t I need to get advice from an agent?
Some consumers would rather go talk to an agent and that is just fine! A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is especially important in Memphis.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your business. There is no reason to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. You can find the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
If you are searching for an insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agencies can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options. Most can insure with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Featured below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Memphis that can possibly get you price quotes.
- Collier Insurance
606 S Mendenhall Rd #200 – Memphis, TN 38117 – (901) 529-2900 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Daysha J Palacio-Miller
1850 Poplar Crest Cove Ste 102 – Memphis, TN 38119 – (901) 762-8585 – View Map
- Oseman Insurance Agency
6750 Poplar Ave #410 – Memphis, TN 38138 – (901) 562-0151 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only write with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers sometimes choose to use an exclusive agent mainly due to the brand rather than having low rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Memphis that are able to give price quotes.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
420 S Germantown Pkwy #109 – Cordova, TN 38018 – (901) 761-5240 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Angie Hooten-Hughes
6803 Summer Ave – Memphis, TN 38134 – (901) 373-6060 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Josh Roman
579 S Perkins Rd – Memphis, TN 38117 – (901) 683-8600 – View Map
Picking an car insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Memphis should be willing to answer these questions.
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- How many years have they been established?
- How are claims handled?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
More comparisons equals affordable rates
We just covered a lot of ways to shop for Fiat 124 Spider insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates come from the smaller companies.
Some insurance providers do not provide the ability to get quotes online and these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agents. Lower-priced Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Memphis is possible on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you need to compare both to get a complete price analysis.
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as high rates after DUI convictions, policy non-renewal, poor customer service and even policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
More information can be found at the links below
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Lyft Drivers in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)