We don’t have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Insureds who get price comparisons will presumably switch to a new company because of the high probability of finding a more affordable policy. A recent survey discovered that consumers who make a habit of shopping around saved about $3,500 over four years compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding budget-friendly rates on car insurance is your ultimate objective, then having some knowledge of the best ways to find and compare insurance rates can help you succeed in saving money.
It takes a little time, but the best way to find affordable Dodge Stratus insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from insurers in Memphis.
- Gain an understanding of how auto insurance works and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and poor credit rating can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article gives the details to get affordable coverage and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple sources. Click to view companies
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a better price and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important part of this process is to try to compare similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to look at as many auto insurance providers as possible. This provides a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
If you are insured now, you stand a good chance to be able to save money using the techniques presented in this article. Locating the best rates in Memphis is really not that difficult. But Tennessee car owners must learn how companies market on the web and use this information to your advantage.
When shopping for the cheapest Dodge Stratus rate quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare rate quotes from many car insurance companies in Tennessee. By far the easiest way to lower the rate you pay for Dodge Stratus insurance is to jump online and get quotes.
Comparison shopping rate quotes online is easy and it makes it obsolete to call or drive to and from local Memphis insurance agencies. Comparing Dodge Stratus insurance rates online makes this process obsolete unless you’re the type of person who wants the personal advice only provided by licensed Memphis agents. Some companies do allow you to comparison shop online and have a local agent actually service the policy. When quoting car insurance, remember that comparing more quotes gives you a better chance of getting more affordable insurance.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Tennessee. To get cheaper auto insurance in TN, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Choosing Dodge Stratus insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Stratus, most banks will stipulate that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Dodge at a more expensive rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $825 a year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some of these discounts will be visible when you purchase, but a few must be asked for before they will apply.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving less could qualify for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car model can save you some money because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you will save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles have fewer accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- No Claims – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can earn big discounts as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies may permit one accident before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
- Life Insurance – Larger car insurance companies have a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a house in Memphis may trigger a policy discount on car insurance since owning and maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
A quick disclaimer, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A list of companies and their offered discounts include:
- State Farm has discounts for multiple policy, good student, driver’s education, multiple autos, defensive driving training, anti-theft, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO may have discounts that include daytime running lights, federal employee, driver training, anti-lock brakes, and military active duty.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- 21st Century offers discounts for air bags, automatic seat belts, student driver, anti-lock brakes, and homeowners.
- American Family may include discounts for air bags, mySafetyValet, good student, bundled insurance, and accident-free.
- The Hartford has savings for bundle, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, defensive driver, driver training, air bag, and good student.
- AAA discounts include multi-policy, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, good driver, and multi-car.
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent how you can save money. Savings may not apply to policies in every state.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Memphis car insurance agent
Some people just want to sit down with an agent and that is just fine! One of the best bonuses of comparing car insurance online is that you can find the lowest rates and still have a local agent. Buying from local agencies is especially important in Memphis.
After completing this short form, the quote information gets sent to companies in Memphis who will return price quotes for your car insurance coverage. You never need to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can find lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, just search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a reliable insurance agency, you should know the different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Car insurance agencies are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by one company and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and get you the best rates possible. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent. When comparing rates, you will definitely want to get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the best price comparison.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Memphis who may be able to give you pricing information.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are highly trained on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Memphis who can help you get price quotes.
Kathy Thurmond-Edwards- State Farm Insurance Agent
680 W Brookhaven Cir – Memphis, TN 38117 – (901) 767-7744 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agency should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- If they are an independent agency in Memphis, which companies do they recommend?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- How long have they been in business?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your policy should reflect that.
For example, these questions might point out whether you could use an agent’s help.
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
What is the best car insurance company in Memphis?
Choosing the right insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies there are to choose from in Tennessee. The ranking information displayed below could help you select which companies to look at purchasing from.
Top 10 Memphis Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Top 10 Memphis Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Cover all your bases
Cheap Dodge Stratus insurance in Memphis is possible from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Memphis, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not offer internet price quotes and most of the time these regional carriers sell through independent agencies.
You just read a lot of techniques to find lower-cost Dodge Stratus insurance in Memphis. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
While you’re price shopping online, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 50 in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Memphis Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Low Credit Scores in Memphis? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Memphis Car Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)