It's safe to assume that auto insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Drivers who compare rates at least once a year will most likely switch insurance companies because there is a good chance of finding a lower-priced policy. A survey found that people who regularly compared rates saved $72 a month compared to other drivers who don't regularly compare prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on auto insurance is your target objective, then having a grasp of how to find companies and compare insurance coverage can help simplify the process.
Really, the only way to get cheaper Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in Memphis is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurers who can sell car insurance in Tennessee.
- Spend some time learning about the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that increase rates such as traffic citations and poor credit history can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article gives additional ideas to prevent high prices and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A good tip to remember is to use similar coverage information on each quote and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
How You Can Control Dodge Ram 3500 Insurance Rates
Lots of things are used when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, although others are less obvious like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
- Vehicles with better crash test results mean better auto insurance rates - Vehicles that have high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and fewer serious injuries means less claims paid and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Cheaper auto insurance rates for prior coverage - Driving with no insurance is illegal and companies may charge more for letting your coverage lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you fines or a revoked license.
Do women or men drive better? - Statistics demonstrate that females take fewer risks when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Males and females get in auto accidents at a similar rate, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to receive more costly citations such as reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 are most likely to cause an accident and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Dodge Ram 3500 insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no claims or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Do you really need to file those insurance claims? - If you file a lot of claims you can expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in Tennessee give cheaper rates to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
- Don't skimp on liability protection - Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if you are determined to be liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. It is affordable coverage compared to physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Multiple policies with one company can save - Some auto insurance companies will give discounts to insureds who consolidate policies with them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, it's always a smart idea to compare Dodge Ram 3500 rates in Memphis to verify if the discount is saving money.
When looking for affordable Dodge Ram 3500 insurance quotes, there are a couple ways of comparing price quotes from many different Tennessee insurance companies. The easiest way to do a complete rate comparison involves getting comparison quotes online.
It's so fast and easy to compare rates online that it replaces the need to spend time driving to and from local Memphis insurance agencies. Doing it all online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you prefer the professional abilities that you can only get from talking to an agent. You can, however, comparison shop online and have a local agent actually service the policy. Just keep in mind that comparing a large number of companies helps you find the best offered rates. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide online price quotes, so you need to compare prices from them as well.
The following companies are ready to provide quotes in Tennessee. To buy cheaper car insurance in Memphis, we suggest you visit several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Rates and data analysis
The premium table shown below outlines a range of insurance policy prices for Dodge Ram 3500 models. Being able to understand how auto insurance prices are determined is important for making informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$288||$376||$378||$22||$114||$1,178||$98|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$352||$444||$378||$22||$114||$1,310||$109|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$352||$510||$568||$34||$170||$1,634||$136|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$352||$510||$378||$22||$114||$1,376||$115|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$352||$510||$378||$22||$114||$1,376||$115|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$352||$578||$568||$34||$170||$1,702||$142|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$352||$578||$568||$34||$170||$1,702||$142|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$352||$578||$568||$34||$170||$1,702||$142|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$352||$510||$378||$22||$114||$1,376||$115|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$352||$510||$378||$22||$114||$1,376||$115|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$352||$578||$568||$34||$170||$1,702||$142|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in your specific Memphis location which can revise price quotes greatly.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The diagram below illustrates how traffic citations and fender-benders impact Dodge Ram 3500 annual premium costs for different age groups. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Here's why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Dodge Ram 3500 insurance, maintaining insurance is required in Tennessee but it also protects you in many ways.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will force you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Dodge at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Auto insurance preserves both your Dodge and your assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your auto insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $825 a year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in Memphis
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there could be available discounts to reduce the price significantly. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you get a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be asked about before you get the savings.
- Use Seat Belts - Forcing all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Military Deployment Discount - Being deployed with a military unit can result in better prices.
- Drivers Education - Teen drivers should successfully take a driver's education course if it's offered in school.
- One Accident Forgiven - Not really a discount, but a few companies such as GEICO and Allstate will allow you to have one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven't had any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off with a few auto insurance companies.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Ram 3500 insurance in Memphis.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn't work that way.
The illustration below compares Dodge Ram 3500 insurance rates with and without discounts applied. The premiums are based on a female driver, no claims or violations, Tennessee state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A list of auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple autos, anti-theft, good driver, accident-free, and passive restraint.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, good student, and multi-policy.
- Travelers offers discounts including multi-car, save driver, driver training, student away at school, IntelliDrive, payment discounts, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- American Family has discounts for defensive driver, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, and air bags.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for hybrid vehicle, newly married, new move discount, good student, newly retired, and preferred payment discount.
When quoting, ask each company which credits you are entitled to. A few discounts may not apply in your area. To see a list of insurance companies with the best Dodge Ram 3500 insurance discounts in Memphis, click this link.
Buying insurance from Memphis auto insurance agents
Some people would rather visit with an insurance agent and that can be a smart move A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents in Memphis that can give you free Memphis auto insurance quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent because prices are sent immediately to your email address. It's the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, don't hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best insurer needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Memphis?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Tennessee?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Memphis for you
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a good insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies that you can choose from. Insurance policy providers can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel write business for a single company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are highly trained in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents.
The following are Memphis exclusive agents who can help you get price quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are normally appointed by many insurers and that allows them to write policies with lots of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you stay with the same agent. When comparing rates, you need to get rate quotes from independent agents for maximum quote selection.
The following are Memphis independent agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
If you feel you receive answers to your satisfaction to any questions you have as well as a affordable price, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that can be trusted to properly insure your vehicles.
Don't give up on affordable rates
Lower-priced Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in Memphis is attainable on the web and from local agencies, so you need to shop Memphis auto insurance with both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
As you quote Memphis auto insurance, it's very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price.
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Memphis Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Memphis Auto Insurance Quotes for Active Military? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Memphis Auto Insurance for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Memphis Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)