Do you want a faster way to compare more affordable Volkswagen Tiguan insurance in Memphis? There isn’t anyone who anticipates paying for car insurance, especially when they know they could find better prices if they shop around.
Sadly, most consumers have bought car insurance from the same company for over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. Memphis drivers could pocket almost 35% a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t believe how much savings they would realize if they changed companies. There is such a variety of insurance companies to pick from, and even though it’s nice to have a selection, having more auto insurance companies makes it harder to compare rates for Volkswagen Tiguan insurance in Memphis.
It’s a good habit to do rate comparisons quite often because prices change frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates on Volkswagen Tiguan insurance in Memphis a couple years back other companies may now be cheaper. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because I’m going to teach you the fastest and easiest way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
The goal of this article is to tell you the most effective way to quote insurance and how to save the most money. If you currently have insurance, you stand a good chance to be able to find the best rates using the concepts you’re about to learn. Drivers just need to know the most time-saving way to compare different rates online.
Best companies for Volkswagen Tiguan insurance
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Memphis, TN. To find the best car insurance in Memphis, TN, we recommend you compare several of them to get the most affordable price.
Auto insurance data for a Volkswagen Tiguan
The information displayed next highlights a range of insurance prices for Volkswagen Tiguan models. Understanding how insurance premiums are established can be useful when making informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tiguan S 2WD||$192||$368||$278||$16||$84||$938||$78|
|Tiguan S 2WD||$192||$368||$278||$16||$84||$938||$78|
|Tiguan SE 4Motion AWD||$216||$434||$278||$16||$84||$1,028||$86|
|Tiguan SEL 4Motion AWD||$216||$434||$278||$16||$84||$1,028||$86|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can alter price quotes substantially.
How Your Tiguan Insurance Costs are Determined
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. If you know what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could result in better car insurance rates.
Youthful drivers pay more – Youthful drivers in Tennessee tend to be inattentive when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher. More experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, cause fewer claims and accidents, and usually have better credit.
The chart below uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Poor driving leads to higher costs – Your driving citation history has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Even one speeding ticket or other violation could increase your next policy renewal substantially. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who get severe violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to complete a SR-22 with their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The example below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders can raise Volkswagen Tiguan insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The premiums assume a single female driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Never allow your coverage to lapse – Driving with no insurance is a big no-no and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your coverage lapse. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a license revocation or jail time. Then you may be required to file a SR-22 with the Tennessee department of motor vehicles.
- Lower rates with a multi-policy discount – Most larger companies allow a discount to clients who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to comparison shop to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Proper usage rating affects rates – The more miles you rack up on your Volkswagen each year the higher your rate. Many insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles cost less to insure than cars that get driven a lot. It’s a good idea to make sure your car insurance coverage shows how each vehicle is driven. Improper usage on your Tiguan may be costing you higher rates.
Insurance loss data for a Volkswagen Tiguan – Insurers use past insurance losses to calculate a price that will offset losses. Vehicles that are shown to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more for coverage.
The table shown below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Volkswagen Tiguan vehicles. For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles compiled together is a value of 100. Numbers below 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are 100 or greater indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Volkswagen Tiguan Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volkswagen Tiguan 4dr 2WD 84 98 67 75 91 89 Volkswagen Tiguan 4dr 4WD 93 101 85 82 80 90BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Affordable Memphis insurance rates with discounts
Some companies don’t necessarily list every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious insurance savings.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- ABS Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on Tiguan insurance in Memphis.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select companies reward you with lower premium rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Payment Method – By paying your entire bill at once rather than spreading payments over time you could save 5% or more.
- Student in College – Any of your kids living away from Memphis attending college and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Simply owning a home can save you money since home ownership demonstrates responsibility.
- Drivers Education – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver’s education course if it’s offered in school.
As is typical with insurance, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
The illustration below shows the difference between Volkswagen Tiguan insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Tennessee state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
Popular insurance companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- State Farm includes discounts for student away at school, passive restraint, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, and defensive driving training.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including good student, TimeAway discount, defensive driver, early bird, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, and air bags.
- AAA has discounts for multi-policy, anti-theft, good driver, education and occupation, good student, and AAA membership discount.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, defensive driver, driver training, federal employee, and seat belt use.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for low natural disaster claims, multi-policy, multi-car, location of vehicle, annual mileage, type of vehicle, and good driver.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including multi-car, business and professional, alternative fuel, early shopping, switch companies, and distant student.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, and good student.
Double check with every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Savings might not be offered on policies everywhere. For a list of insurance companies with discount rates in Tennessee, click this link.
Independent or exclusive auto insurance agents
Some consumers just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is OK! Insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting local insurance agents is important especially in Memphis.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the quote information is submitted to companies in Memphis who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent to your email. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you can always jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
If you want to buy auto insurance from a reliable agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents that you can select. Agents can be described as either independent or exclusive. Both insure your vehicles, but it’s important to point out why they differ since it could factor into which type of agent you select.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent can quote rates with many companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If they quote lower rates, the agent simply finds a different carrier which is easy for the insured.
When comparison shopping, it’s a good idea to include rate quotes from several independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Memphis that can give you competitive price quotes.
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company’s prices like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Memphis that are able to give price quotes.
Finding the right auto insurance agent should depend on more than just the premium amount. A good agent in Memphis will have answers to these questions.
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Memphis?
- If they are an independent agency in Memphis, which companies do they recommend?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
Tennessee auto insurance company ratings
Selecting the best auto insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Memphis. The rank data below could help you decide which car insurance providers you want to consider when comparing rates.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Find affordable insurance prices by comparing often
In this article, we covered many ways to reduce Volkswagen Tiguan insurance rates online in Memphis. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Memphis auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from an unexpected company. They may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Budget-conscious Volkswagen Tiguan insurance can be purchased on the web in addition to many Memphis insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who do not provide rate quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
Steps to quoting cheaper Volkswagen Tiguan insurance in Memphis
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find lower priced Volkswagen Tiguan insurance in Memphis is to compare quotes annually from providers who provide car insurance in Tennessee. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- Try to understand the coverage provided by your policy and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a not-so-good credit history can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Memphis. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Tell your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a completed application to your new agent or company. As soon as you have the new policy, place your new certificate verifying coverage in your glove compartment.
An important bit of advice to remember is to use similar coverage information on each price quote and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
To learn more, link through to the resources below:
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Handicapped Drivers in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Memphis Auto Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Memphis Auto Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Memphis Auto Insurance for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Lyft Drivers in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Memphis Auto Insurance for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)