Are you regretting the purchase of an expensive insurance policy? Trust us, you are not the only one feeling buyer’s remorse.
It’s a fact that insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Drivers who shop around annually will, in all likelihood, switch companies because they stand a good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. Remarkably, a study showed that people who shopped around annually saved approximately $3,400 over four years compared to those who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the cheapest price on auto insurance in Memphis is your intention, then having an understanding of how to shop and compare car insurance can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
Steps to finding cheaper Suzuki Forenza insurance in Memphis
The most effective way to get more affordable auto insurance rates in Memphis is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers in Tennessee. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- Try to learn a little about policy coverages and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many things that increase rates like traffic citations and a bad credit score can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely. Keep reading for more information to help keep prices low and get bigger discounts.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper Forenza coverage is available in Memphis. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application for the new coverage. As soon as you can, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork with your vehicle’s registration.
The most important part of shopping around is that you use the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Insurance companies such as Allstate, Liberty Mutual and State Farm all claim big savings, bombarding you with TV and radio ads and consumers find it hard to ignore the flashy ads and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
If you are insured now or just want to save money, use these tips to reduce premiums and possibly find even better coverage. Locating the best rates in Memphis is not rocket science. Drivers only need an understanding of the most efficient way to shop their coverage around from many different companies online.
Companies offering cheap Suzuki Forenza rates in Memphis, TN
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Memphis, TN. To buy cheap auto insurance in Memphis, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Lower-cost Memphis insurance quotes with discounts
Some companies do not list every possible discount very well, so we researched a few of the more well known as well as the least known insurance savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like Progressive and Allstate allow you one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free before the accident.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks with the same company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Memberships – Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups is a good way to get lower rates on your bill.
- Paperless Signup – A few larger online companies will give you a small discount shop Memphis car insurance online.
- Resident Student – College-age children who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may qualify for this discount.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
Larger insurance companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- The Hartford may include discounts for good student, air bag, driver training, bundle, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, and anti-theft.
- American Family may have discounts that include TimeAway discount, accident-free, defensive driver, good driver, air bags, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, and homeowner.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for multi-policy, hybrid/electric vehicle, new car, home ownership, and driver training.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for early shopping, good student, bundle discounts, mature driver, multi-car, alternative fuel, and electronic funds transfer.
- USAA has savings for multi-policy, vehicle storage, new vehicle, defensive driver, safe driver, military installation, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for newly married, newly retired, safety features, good student, multi-policy, multi-car, and new graduate.
Double check with each insurance company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Memphis, follow this link.
You may require the services of a local insurance agent
Many people would prefer to have an agent’s advice and that can be a great decision Experienced insurance agents can help you build your policy and help submit paperwork. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain the best rates and still have a local agent. And providing support for neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Memphis.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents that can give you free Memphis car insurance quotes for your coverage. You never need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent to your email. If for some reason you want to compare rates from one company in particular, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
When narrowing the list to find a local insurance agency, you need to know there are two different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance policy providers are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both can sell insurance policies, but it is important to understand the difference in the companies they write for because it can factor into buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel can sell policies from many different companies and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies which makes it simple for you.
When searching for an agent, it’s a good idea to include rate quotes from independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
The following are Memphis independent insurance agents that can give you price quote information.
Fred L. Davis Insurance Agency – Car Insurance Agency
1374 Airways Blvd – Memphis, TN 38114 – (901) 323-6159 – View Map
Clay and Land Insurance, Inc.
866 Ridgeway Loop Rd #200 – Memphis, TN 38120 – (901) 767-3600 – View Map
Kellett Insurance Agency
4608 Quince Rd – Memphis, TN 38117 – (901) 685-3008 – View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel work for only one company like Allstate and State Farm. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are well trained on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following are exclusive agencies in Memphis that can give you comparison quotes.
Allstate Insurance: Ezekeil Hudson
53 Monroe Ave – Memphis, TN 38103 – (901) 235-9315 – View Map
Parker Rhett – State Farm Insurance Agent
4515 Poplar Ave #416 – Memphis, TN 38117 – (901) 680-7400 – View Map
Steve Womack – State Farm Insurance Agent
848 Cooper St – Memphis, TN 38104 – (901) 725-1919 – View Map
Deciding on an car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the price. A good agent in Memphis will have answers to these questions.
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- How are they compensated?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
After talking to the agent and getting positive responses to your questions and an affordable coverage quote, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that can be relied on to service your policy.
Which car insurance company is best in Tennessee?
Picking the best auto insurance provider is hard considering how many companies are available to choose from in Tennessee. The rank data shown next could help you decide which providers you want to consider when comparing rates.
Top 10 Memphis Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Smart shoppers get results
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to save on Suzuki Forenza insurance in Memphis. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Memphis car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates come from a small mutual company. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Steps to finding cheaper quotes for Suzuki Forenza insurance in Memphis
The best way we recommend to get more affordable Suzuki Forenza insurance in Memphis is to regularly compare price quotes from companies that sell auto insurance in Tennessee.
- Spend some time learning about how insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like speeding tickets, accidents and an imperfect credit history can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of companies. View rates
- Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper Forenza coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Notify your company or agent of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a signed application and payment to the new company. Be sure to safely store the certificate verifying coverage along with your vehicle registration.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you’ll want to compare identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and maximum price selection.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)