A study showed that a large majority of drivers have bought auto insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. U.S. drivers could save an average of approximately $859 each year just by comparing rates, but they assume it's a waste of time to find affordable rates by getting comparison quotes.
The preferred way to find affordable car insurance rates in Memphis is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Tennessee. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Try to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as speeding tickets, careless driving and poor credit history can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article provides ideas to get cheaper coverage and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new insurance company. Be sure to put the proof of insurance paperwork with your vehicle's registration.
An important part of this process is to make sure you're comparing identical coverage information on each quote request and to quote with as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
The companies in the list below offer free quotes in Memphis, TN. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in TN, we suggest you visit several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
When to get professional advice
When quoting and choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no "best" method to buy coverage. You are unique.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether or not you might need an agent's assistance.
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
If you can't answer these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It's fast, free and can help protect your family.
Car insurance agents near you
Some consumers just want to buy from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that Good agents will help you protect your assets and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. Supporting local insurance agents is especially important in Memphis.
After completing this simple form, your information gets sent to local insurance agents that provide free Memphis auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent immediately to you. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, just go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Memphis for you
If you are wanting to find a local Memphis insurance agency, it's important to understand the different types of agents from which to choose. Agencies in Memphis may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types can provide auto insurance policies, but it's worth mentioning the subtle differences since it can affect the selection process.
Agents of this type do not have single company limitations and that allows them to write policies through many different auto insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move the coverage in-house which is easy for the insured.
When comparison shopping, you absolutely need to check rates from multiple independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Shown below are Memphis independent agencies that can possibly get you free auto insurance rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can usually just insure with one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are well schooled on their company's products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Memphis that are able to give comparison quotes.
Kathy Thurmond-Edwards- State Farm Insurance Agent
680 W Brookhaven Cir - Memphis, TN 38117 - (901) 767-7744 - View Map
Deciding on an insurance agency should depend on more than just the premium amount. Some important questions to ask are:
- When do they do a full risk review?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- What company do they have the most business with?