It goes without saying that car insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Drivers who do rate comparisons are highly likely to move their business because there is a good probability of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent study showed that drivers who did price comparisons regularly saved about $70 a month compared to policyholders who never compared other company’s rates.
If saving money on Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Memphis is the reason you’re here, learning how to find and compare car insurance can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
Really, the only way to find affordable quotes for auto insurance rates is to regularly compare quotes from providers in Memphis.
- Spend some time learning about individual coverages and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many things that result in higher prices such as distracted driving and poor credit rating can be amended by paying attention to minor details. This article gives more ideas to prevent rate hikes and get additional discounts.
- Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Memphis. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new carrier. Once the paperwork is finalized, store the certificate verifying coverage in your glove compartment.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to get quotes from every company you can. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Earn discounts on Memphis insurance
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there could be available discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some trigger automatically when you get a quote, but a few must be specially asked for before being credited.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or former government employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Memphis car insurance depending on your company.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Large insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- GEICO offers discounts for anti-theft, five-year accident-free, driver training, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, multi-policy, and daytime running lights.
- SAFECO may include discounts for anti-theft, multi-car, homeowner, safe driver, teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, and teen safe driver.
- State Farm has savings for accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, multiple autos, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and good student.
- MetLife may have discounts that include claim-free, good student, good driver, defensive driver, accident-free, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century discounts include teen driver, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, good student, 55 and older, and driver training.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, and online quote discount.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not be offered in Memphis. For a list of providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Tennessee, click here.
Auto insurance coverages
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Land Rover Range Rover.
Since many Tennessee drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (Tennessee limits are 25/50/15), their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with a tree, colliding with another moving vehicle, driving through your garage door and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your Range Rover to bring the cost down.
Medical expense coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for immediate expenses for X-ray expenses, chiropractic care, dental work, surgery and nursing services. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers all vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, falling objects, theft and damage from flooding. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability auto insurance
Liability insurance will cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property. Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/15 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $15,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for things such as medical services, emergency aid, funeral expenses, structural damage and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but buy as much as you can afford. Tennessee requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/15 but you should consider buying higher limits.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying the state minimum limits may not be adequate.
Auto insurance company ratings
Finding the highest-rated auto insurance provider is hard considering how many companies are available to choose from in Memphis. The company ratings listed below can help you select which auto insurance companies to look at comparing rates from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
More comparisons equals cheap rates
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can compare Land Rover Range Rover insurance prices in Memphis. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting low cost Memphis car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with the least-expected company.
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high prices or even delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new insurance company is not as hard as you think.
Some insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and these regional carriers work with independent insurance agencies. Lower-priced Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Memphis is available both online and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture.
Much more information about insurance in Tennessee can be found at the links below
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 25 in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota Corolla in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Memphis Auto Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)