It goes without saying that auto insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Insureds who shop around for a cheaper policy are very likely to buy a new policy because there is a good chance of finding lower rate quotes. A recent car insurance study discovered that people who compared rates annually saved over $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the cheapest price on auto insurance in Memphis is your ultimate target, then having some knowledge of how to quote prices and compare insurance coverage can help make the process easier and more efficient.
To save the most money, the best way to find better pricing on car insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Memphis. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Take a little time to learn about how insurance works and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a substandard credit score can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good tip to remember is that you use similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rates from as many different insurance providers as possible. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
When shopping for low cost Memphis car insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways of comparing rate quotes from all the different companies. The recommended way to find cheaper Ford C-Max Hybrid rates is to jump online and get quotes.
When comparison shopping, comparing all the rates in your area provides better odds of finding a better price. Not every company does Memphis C-Max Hybrid insurance quotes over the internet, so you should also compare price quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Memphis, TN. To buy cheap car insurance in Tennessee, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
When to contact an agent
A small number of people still like to visit with an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. The biggest benefit of comparing car insurance online is that you can find cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for small agencies is especially important in Memphis.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Memphis that provide free Memphis car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent to your email. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Memphis for you
When looking for a local Memphis insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents from which to choose. Car insurance agents in Memphis are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent often have many company appointments so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies and find you the best rates. If prices rise, the business is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency. When comparison shopping, you will want to compare prices from independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Most also have access to less well-known companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Featured below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Memphis that may be able to provide cheap rate quotes.
- Oseman Insurance Agency
6750 Poplar Ave #410 – Memphis, TN 38138 – (901) 562-0151 – View Map
- Farris Evans Insurance Agency Inc
1568 Union Ave – Memphis, TN 38104 – (901) 274-5424 – View Map
- Kellett Insurance Agency
4608 Quince Rd – Memphis, TN 38117 – (901) 685-3008 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only place business with one company and examples are Allstate and State Farm. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are trained well on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent partially due to the brand rather than low rates.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Memphis that can give you price quotes.
- Rickey Jeans – State Farm Insurance Agent
4285 Elvis Presley Blvd – Memphis, TN 38116 – (901) 346-0300 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Candace Hall
1444 E Shelby Dr #329 – Memphis, TN 38116 – (901) 345-2615 – View Map
- Ruby Williams – State Farm Insurance Agent
3624 Austin Peay Hwy #5 – Memphis, TN 38128 – (901) 388-0000 – View Map
Choosing an car insurance agent requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Does the agent help file claims?