Finding better insurance prices for a new or used Chevy Spark in Tennessee could be a lot of work, but you can follow these tips to save time.
There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for auto insurance and we'll show you the quickest way to get price quotes for a Chevy and locate the best price possible.
Comparing rates for the best-priced coverage in Memphis is simple if you know the tricks. If you have insurance now or just want cheaper coverage, you can use these techniques to shop for the lowest rates while maximizing coverage. Smart shoppers just need to learn the most time-saving way to shop using one simple form.
The quickest method we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to take advantage of the fact car insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to compare their rates. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide a small amount of information such as whether you have decent credit, coverage limits, how much school you completed, and the ages of drivers. Your insurance information is instantly provided to all major companies and you should receive rate quotes with very little delay.
To get price quotes for your Chevy Spark now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Memphis.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Memphis, TN. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in TN, it's a good idea that you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get lower-cost rates with these five discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you can get discounts that you may not know about. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be inquired about before being credited.
- Professional Memberships - Being in certain professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your next renewal.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Resident Student - Children who live away from home to go to college and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
- Driver Education Discount - Have your child take driver's ed class as it can save substantially.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren't that lucky.
For a list of providers with discount auto insurance rates in Memphis, follow this link.
Local agents and insurance
A lot of people just want to have an agent's advice and that is recommended in a lot of cases Agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheap insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from small agencies is definitely important in Memphis.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance data is sent to insurance agents in Memphis who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you wish to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you just need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Types of car insurance agents
If you want to buy insurance from a good insurance agency, it's important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Agents are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both can insure your vehicles, but it's worth mentioning the difference in the companies they write for since it can impact which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent can sell policies from many different companies and that allows them to write policies through many different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you can keep the same agent.
When searching for an agent, it's recommended you get several quotes from several independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. Most also write with companies you've never heard of that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Memphis who may be able to give you free rate quotes.
- Kellett Insurance Agency
4608 Quince Rd - Memphis, TN 38117 - (901) 685-3008 - View Map
- C R Everhart Insurance Agency
5986 Knight Arnold Rd - Memphis, TN 38115 - (901) 362-0545 - View Map
- Fred L. Davis Insurance Agency - Car Insurance Agency
1374 Airways Blvd - Memphis, TN 38114 - (901) 323-6159 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company's rates so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their company's products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the prominent brand name instead of buying on price only.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Memphis willing to provide rate quotes.
- Michelle L Wilson - State Farm Insurance Agent
5384 Poplar Ave Ste 439 - Memphis, TN 38119 - (901) 590-1922 - View Map
- Parker Rhett - State Farm Insurance Agent
4515 Poplar Ave #416 - Memphis, TN 38117 - (901) 680-7400 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Ezekeil Hudson
53 Monroe Ave - Memphis, TN 38103 - (901) 235-9315 - View Map
Picking an auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just the premium amount. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
Do I need special coverages?
When choosing the best insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every insured's situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. For example, these questions might point out whether or not you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Tennessee?
- Am I covered by my spouse's policy after a separation?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- What states are considered no-fault?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Car insurance in Tennessee serves several purposes
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Chevy in Memphis, buying car insurance is required in Tennessee but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy Spark has a lienholder, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects your Chevy and your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying over $830 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Car insurance policy specifics
Having a good grasp of your policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are typical coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants and damage to your Chevy Spark.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Tennessee limits are 25/50/15), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Liability coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property that is your fault. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see values of 25/50/15 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $15,000. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for things like repair costs for stationary objects, medical expenses, repair bills for other people's vehicles and loss of income. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it's cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. Tennessee state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/15 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
The chart below demonstrates why low liability limits may not be enough.
Comprehensive car insurance
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like a broken windshield, rock chips in glass and theft. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for immediate expenses for ambulance fees, doctor visits, funeral costs and nursing services. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims like crashing into a ditch, colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a building, driving through your garage door and sideswiping another vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. It's also possible to choose a higher deductible on your Spark in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Compare but don't skimp
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to compare Chevy Spark insurance car insurance rates in Memphis. It's most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even discover the most savings is with a small mutual company. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
As you prepare to switch companies, it's not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced full coverage and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
How to find cheaper quotes for Chevy Spark insurance in Memphis
The best way to get budget Chevy Spark insurance in Memphis is to annually compare prices from providers in Tennessee.
- Step 1: Try to comprehend how companies set rates and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many things that increase rates like traffic citations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to the newly selected company. Immediately keep the new proof of insurance certificate with your vehicle's registration.
The key aspect of shopping around is to try to use the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get prices from as many different companies as possible. This ensures a fair rate comparison and a better comparison of the market.
More information is located below:
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Memphis Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Memphis Auto Insurance for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)