Trying to find better insurance prices for your Chevy Spark EV in Tennessee could be an all-consuming task, but you can follow our car insurance buying tips to find lower rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for car insurance and you need to know the quickest way to get price quotes for your Chevy and find the best price possible.
Consumers should take time to get comparison quotes once or twice a year because rates trend upward over time. Even if you think you had the lowest rate on Chevy Spark EV insurance in Memphis two years ago you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the easiest way to get good coverage on Chevy Spark EV insurance in Memphis at a lower rate.
If you have a current insurance policy or are shopping for new coverage, you can use these techniques to buy cheaper insurance and possibly find even better coverage. Finding the lowest-priced insurance coverage in Memphis is not as time-consuming as you think. Consumers just need to understand the most effective way to compare different rates from multiple carriers.
The quickest way to compare car insurance company rates for Chevy Spark EV insurance in Memphis is to know most insurance companies participate in a system to provide you with a free rate quote. The one thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details including what you do for a living, deductibles desired, the ages of drivers, and how your vehicles are used. That rating data is instantly provided to multiple companies and you will receive price estimates within a short period of time.
To compare rates for your Chevy Spark EV now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Memphis.
The following companies are ready to provide price comparisons in Tennessee. To get cheap car insurance in TN, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Auto insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is required in Tennessee but also provides important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability if you want to drive legally. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost every bank will require that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects not only your Chevy Spark EV but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. An average driver in America is wasting up to $800 each year so it’s important to compare rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Do you qualify for discounts on Chevy Spark EV insurance in Memphis?
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there are discounts available to cut the cost considerably. Some discounts will apply when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for in order for you to get them. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save you some money because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Good Student Discount – Excelling in school may save as much as 25% on a Memphis auto insurance quote. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – If the company offers life insurance, you could get better rates if you take out life insurance.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of up to 20% and get you the cheapest Chevrolet Spark EV insurance in Memphis.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Seniors can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Anti-theft System – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems help deter theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower rates.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- State Farm offers discounts including safe vehicle, multiple autos, anti-theft, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- American Family has savings for mySafetyValet, air bags, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, defensive driver, and TimeAway discount.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, pay-in-full, good driver, education and occupation, and good student.
- GEICO offers discounts for membership and employees, air bags, driver training, anti-theft, five-year accident-free, defensive driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include annual mileage, age of vehicle, professional/association, ease of repair, low natural disaster claims, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for alternative fuel, distant student, pay in full, business and professional, and switch companies.
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in Memphis.
When should I have guidance from a local insurance agent?
Many people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision Insurance agents can help you build your policy and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain better rates and still choose a local agent.
By using this quick form, the quote information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your coverage. You never need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to compare prices from one company in particular, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. The following questions are important to ask.
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Memphis?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
The following are Memphis auto insurance companies that may be willing to give rate quotes for Chevy Spark EV insurance in Memphis.
- Dan Crawford – State Farm Insurance Agent
5705 Stage Rd #160 – Memphis, TN 38134 – (901) 372-4400 – View Map
- Arther Wells – State Farm Insurance Agent
4205 Hacks Cross Rd #116 – Memphis, TN 38125 – (901) 363-9217 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – April Gainer
4466 Elvis Presley Blvd #247 – Memphis, TN 38116 – (901) 398-7200 – View Map
- C R Everhart Insurance Agency
5986 Knight Arnold Rd – Memphis, TN 38115 – (901) 362-0545 – View Map
If you get positive responses to these questions and a good coverage price, it’s possible that you found an insurance company that meets your needs to insure your vehicles. Just keep in mind once you purchase a policy you can cancel a policy whenever you want so don’t feel you are locked into your new company for the entire policy term.
When selecting coverage online or from an agent, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are unique to you and your car insurance should unique, too.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Does my Chevy Spark EV qualify for pleasure use?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- What if I total my Chevy Spark EV and owe more than it’s worth?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Car insurance coverages for a Chevy Spark EV
Learning about specific coverages of a car insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find the usual coverages available from car insurance companies.
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to people or other property that is your fault. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 25/50/15 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things such as medical services, emergency aid, structural damage and loss of income. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. Tennessee state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/15 but drivers should carry higher limits.
The illustration below shows why low liability limits may not be enough coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for short-term medical expenses like ambulance fees, rehabilitation expenses, nursing services, X-ray expenses and dental work. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as backing into a parked car, rolling your car, scraping a guard rail and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to raise the deductible on your Spark EV to save money on collision insurance.
This will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as falling objects, theft, fire damage and rock chips in glass. The most your car insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Chevy Spark EV.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Tennessee limits are 25/50/15), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Cheap insurance rates are possible
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
More affordable insurance in Memphis is available on the web and also from your neighborhood Memphis agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer online quoting and these smaller providers sell through independent insurance agencies.
How to buy discount Chevy Spark EV insurance in Memphis
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find discount Chevy Spark EV insurance in Memphis is to compare prices annually from insurers that insure vehicles in Tennessee.
- Try to learn about how auto insurance works and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many things that result in higher prices such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a poor credit rating can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper Spark EV coverage is available. If you find a lower rate, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new company. Immediately place your new proof of insurance certificate along with your vehicle registration.
One tip to remember is to use the same amount of coverage on each quote request and to quote with as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
More learning opportunities
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Memphis Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)