Finding the best price on Memphis car insurance is challenging if you are like most people and have never completed online price comparisons. But don’t be intimidated because we’re going to show you how to find affordable Chevy Bolt in Memphis.
Anyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. People who shop around at least once a year are likely to buy a different policy because they have good chances of finding discount prices. A survey found that people who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved about $865 a year as compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on Chevy Bolt insurance in Memphis is your target objective, then having an understanding of how to get rate quotes and compare cheaper coverage can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
All the larger auto insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO allow you to get price estimates from their websites. Comparing prices online for Chevy Bolt insurance in Memphis is fairly straightforward as you simply enter your coverage information as requested by the quote form. When the form is submitted, their rating system automatically orders your driving record and credit report and generates pricing information based on these and other factors.
Getting online rates for Chevy Bolt insurance in Memphis streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for the most affordable premium.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you replicate your coverages just like they are on your policy. This makes sure you will receive a price comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Memphis, TN. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
Determine discounts to get cheap Memphis auto insurance rates
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that many people don’t even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of purchase, but a few need to be asked about before you will receive the discount. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you may be paying too high a price.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Having worked for a branch of the government could provide a small rate reduction with a few auto insurance companies.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Onboard Data Collection – Policyholders that allow driving data collection to study when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you are able to get better auto insurance rates.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Chevy may enable drivers to earn substantially lower premium rates.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid the installment charge.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts could save 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give lower rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride. Any qualifying discounts will definitely reduce your policy cost.
A few companies who may offer these money-saving discounts include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent to give you their best rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in every state. If you would like to see a list of companies that offer some of these discounts in Tennessee, click here to view.
Protect your Chevy vehicle and other assets
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Bolt, most banks will have a requirement that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy at an extremely high rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $810 a year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to save money.
Insurance is available from local insurance agents
Many people just want to go talk to an agent and that is OK! The best thing about getting online price quotes is you can get cheap insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with local agents is especially important in Memphis.
By using this short form, your insurance data is transmitted to local insurance agents in Memphis that provide free Memphis auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. You’ll get the best rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you can always jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choose an insurance agent wisely
When searching for an insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they work. Memphis agents may be either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If your premiums go up, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, you should always compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most have the option of insuring with lesser-known insurance companies which may have better rates.
Featured below are independent insurance agencies in Memphis that may be able to give comparison quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: The James Agency LLC
4778 Summer Ave Ste 1 – Memphis, TN 38122 – (901) 266-5507 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Bennita J Wade Agency
1503 Union Ave Ste 220 – Memphis, TN 38104 – (901) 276-8571 – View Map
- Boyle Insurance Agency, Inc.
5900 Poplar Ave – Memphis, TN 38119 – (901) 766-0200 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type write business for a single company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Some insured continue to choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
The following are Memphis exclusive agents that can give you price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Willie E. Martin
3315 Kirby Pkwy – Memphis, TN 38115 – (901) 365-2008 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Brandon Goodrich
3725 Riverdale Rd Ste 4 – Memphis, TN 38115 – (901) 794-0080 – View Map
- Parker Rhett – State Farm Insurance Agent
4515 Poplar Ave #416 – Memphis, TN 38117 – (901) 680-7400 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent requires more thought than just the price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?