Are you researching lower-priced Buick Regal insurance in Memphis? When searching for cheaper insurance, do you get confused by the dozens of car insurance choices in your area? You have such a large number of options that it is a real challenge to find the lowest price for Buick Regal insurance in Memphis. Memphis has lots to offer, but expensive car insurance rates can make it difficult for lots of drivers to afford good insurance coverage.
Unbelievably, a large majority of drivers in Tennessee have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared car insurance rates at all. American drivers could pocket about $860 a year just by comparing rates, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare other rate quotes.
It’s smart to check car insurance prices before your next renewal because prices tend to go up over time. Even if you think you had the best rates on Buick Regal insurance in Memphis on your last policy there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re about to learn the things you must know in order to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Auto insurance providers offering cheap price quotes in Tennessee
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Tennessee. To buy cheap car insurance in Memphis, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
You Can Change Your Insurance Prices
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at some of the elements that help calculate your premiums. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with lower auto insurance prices.
- Type of car determines base costs – The type of car you need to insure makes a big difference in your rates. The lowest performance passenger vehicles usually are quite affordable to insure, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Costs can change based on your address – Having an address in areas with lower population may provide you with better prices when it comes to auto insurance. Less people translates into fewer accident claims in addition to lower liability claims. Residents of big cities have much more traffic and a longer drive to work. More time commuting means more chance of being in an accident.
- Bundle home and auto and save – Lots of insurance companies will award lower prices to buyers that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, consumers should still check prices from other companies to ensure the best deal.There is a chance you can save even more than the discount by buying auto insurance from a different company.
- Liability protection is cheap – The liability coverage on your policy will provide protection if ever you are found to be at fault for damages from an accident. This coverage provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Save by driving less – The more you drive your Buick annually the more you will pay for auto insurance. A lot of insurance companies charge rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos that are left in the garage cost less to insure than cars that get driven a lot. Incorrect rating for your Regal can result in significantly higher rates. It’s a good idea to make sure your declarations sheet correctly shows the right rating data, because it can save money.
- Reduce prices by driving cars with good safety ratings – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims passed on to you as lower rates. If your Buick Regal has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may qualify for a discount.
- Only buy add-on coverages you need – Insurance policies have a lot of extra add-on coverages that can add up if you aren’t diligent. Coverage for things like vanishing deductibles, accidental death, and additional equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when buying your policy, but if you have no use for them remove them and pocket the money.
- Can a thief steal your car? – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft deterrent systems like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart car theft.
Loss probability for a Buick Regal – Insurers analyze claim trends for every vehicle when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that the data shows to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will be charged more to insure. The table below shows the historical loss data for Buick Regal vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, is considered to be 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or statistically larger losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Buick Regal Models Specific Buick Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Buick Regal 2WD 96 92 82 104 94 97 Buick Regal 4WD 113 87BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Verify you’re earning every discount
Car insurance can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but some need to be asked for prior to getting the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Distant Student – College-age children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- No Accidents – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can save substantially as compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Telematics Data – Policyholders that allow driving data collection to track driving patterns through the use of a telematics system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
- Active Military Service – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags could see savings of 20% or more.
- Memphis Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home in Memphis may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies permit an accident without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
Remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
The best auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- State Farm may include discounts for good driver, multiple policy, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, and defensive driving training.
- Nationwide has savings for family plan, business or organization, defensive driving, Farm Bureau membership, good student, and easy pay.
- GEICO may offer discounts for five-year accident-free, military active duty, defensive driver, driver training, and seat belt use.
- AAA includes discounts for anti-theft, multi-policy, good driver, education and occupation, and good student.
- 21st Century offers discounts for automatic seat belts, teen driver, homeowners, good student, and anti-lock brakes.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include driver training, bundle, defensive driver, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, good student, and air bag.
If you need lower rates, check with every company which credits you are entitled to. Discounts might not be offered in Memphis. To locate providers that offer discounts in Memphis, click this link.
Insurance agent or online?
Some consumers would rather talk to an insurance agent and that is just fine! A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agents is important particularly in Memphis.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Memphis that can give you free Memphis car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to drive around as quotes are delivered to you. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to quote rates from a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
If you would like to find a local Memphis insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they operate. Car insurance agencies are classified as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are not limited to a single company so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they quote lower rates, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you stay with the same agent. When comparing car insurance prices, you will want to get quotes from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. They also have the ability to place coverage with different regional companies which may have better rates.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Memphis that may be able to give free car insurance quotes.
- Oseman Insurance Agency
6750 Poplar Ave #410 – Memphis, TN 38138 – (901) 562-0151 – View Map
- Boyle Insurance Agency, Inc.
5900 Poplar Ave – Memphis, TN 38119 – (901) 766-0200 – View Map
- Collier Insurance
606 S Mendenhall Rd #200 – Memphis, TN 38117 – (901) 529-2900 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers sometimes buy insurance from these agents primarily because of loyalty to the company rather than low price.
Below are Memphis exclusive agencies who can help you get price quotes.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
420 S Germantown Pkwy #109 – Cordova, TN 38018 – (901) 761-5240 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Willie E. Martin
3315 Kirby Pkwy – Memphis, TN 38115 – (901) 365-2008 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Josh Roman
579 S Perkins Rd – Memphis, TN 38117 – (901) 683-8600 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- If they are an independent agency in Memphis, which companies do they recommend?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Does their agency support local causes in Memphis?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
Tennessee car insurance companies
Choosing the highest-rated insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many choices drivers have in Tennessee. The company ratings in the lists below could help you choose which car insurance providers to look at shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Memphis Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Titan Insurance
Top 10 Memphis Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Persistence will pay off
When shopping online for auto insurance, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The aim is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Drivers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as high prices, being labeled a high risk driver, unfair underwriting practices and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Cheaper Buick Regal insurance in Memphis is definitely available on the web and also from your neighborhood Memphis agents, so get free Memphis car insurance quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. Some auto insurance companies may not offer rate quotes online and usually these small insurance companies sell through independent agencies.
How to find discount Buick Regal insurance in Memphis
If you want to save money, the best way to find cheaper prices for auto insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from insurers in Memphis.
First, get an understanding of coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a bad credit score can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. View insurance agents
Third, compare the quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper Regal coverage is available in Memphis. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, give notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new insurance company. Once the application is submitted, store the proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
One piece of advice is to make sure you enter similar coverage information on every quote and and to look at as many different companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Even more information is available in these articles:
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Memphis Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers in Memphis? (FAQ)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)